collapse

Author Topic: IndEX by Phibase  (Read 2070 times)

Offline jwatts7701

IndEX by Phibase
« on: October 09, 2018, 07:50:16 PM »
Has anyone bit the bullet on this one? I have been getting the pre-sale emails. It has had a bad performance lately but that could be a good time to join it. Forex Germany has an account with it on myfxbook https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexgermany/index/2438325. It is from the same makers as cabex, raybot, iprofit, synergy. I would say some of their other products have not been that great, but not that bad either.

Website http://index.phibase.com/

Offline petermatt

Re: IndEX by Phibase
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 08:35:31 PM »
Tried it on 2 different brokers - tossed it. Despite what they say this EA is broker(feed) sensitive and my results were even worse than FX Germany.
Pete

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 10:41:32 PM »
damm. Well that is not good Petermatt. I don't see how it is a sensitive to brokers though when it looks like average trades are like 80 pips?  It is not like it is tick scalping or anything like that. Perhaps you just got different trades at a different time in the cycle. I hope it may prove itself over time to be at least OK.

Offline IFFTrader

• RobinVOL
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 01:00:10 AM »
I also bought one license and not so impress. This is still a young age EA who knows.

Offline petermatt

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 02:56:00 AM »
Tried it on 2 different brokers - tossed it. Despite what they say this EA is broker(feed) sensitive and my results were even worse than FX Germany.
Pete

I had it running for about 4 months and on my account and I was getting quite a few more trades and in one isntace missed a profitable trade because a correlated pair had not closed on my account. PhiBase were going to look into the trade differentials on my broker (IC Markets) but never got back to me.

Pete

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 03:14:22 PM »
usually they seem pretty good on support. maybe it is going downhill. Petermatt maybe once all your trades are flat, they would get in sync with the reference account? I am intrigued by this, but not the best first impressions from the very smart community here of course ;)

Offline petermatt

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 09:00:40 PM »
Pete

I had it running for about 4 months and on my account and I was getting quite a few more trades and in one isntace missed a profitable trade because a correlated pair had not closed on my account. PhiBase were going to look into the trade differentials on my broker (IC Markets) but never got back to me.

Pete

The initial trades started out in sync with the reference account for the first few trades and then over time I started getting the odd additional trade most of which, unfortunately were losing trades (no complaint if they had all been winners of course LOL). When I made a direct comparison I was getting only 50% of their pip count on the reference account. From the date I started to when I notified them of the disparity their pip count was 533 pips and mine was 255 Pips.

Pete

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
  • Love to be cheerleader :-)
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 06:33:06 AM »
Has anyone bit the bullet on this one? I have been getting the pre-sale emails. It has had a bad performance lately but that could be a good time to join it. Forex Germany has an account with it on myfxbook https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexgermany/index/2438325. It is from the same makers as cabex, raybot, iprofit, synergy. I would say some of their other products have not been that great, but not that bad either.

Website http://index.phibase.com/

I have been in from feb when they first informed about it....  started off with a cracker 300 pip gain and then it was loitering around not doing much and a dull few months in april may june... but since past july has been good and showed potential. last month was a loser... but good place to increase my allocation... just upped it from 10% to 25% over this weekend when updating to new version. increasing fund allocation during losing periods has always been a good thing for me... much better than doing it when the ea is having a great run... and catching the inevitable losers with larger lot sizes.

have been running all their eas for long time now. more or less on auto pilot running cabex raybot and iprofit and added index to a portion of my account.  support has been great as usual.. regular updates, tech reports and all..... i have totally stopped experimenting other eas and have been only using the 4 phibase eas since 2017. taking some manual trades along side at times but not in a big way. its been a dull 2017/2018 so far...  ??? but i take it in my stride... cant make 50% to 100% year after year trading auto... then there would be too many billionaires out there  ;D

@petermatt : yea i had also seen some variations in trades in earlier versions... but since last update to v2 things seem to have settled. It was a new ea with complex strategy and some bugs in earlier versions... but the differences were not major.... 1 or 2 additional trades on my ICM acc. the trades seem to match up well since the august update. my overall results look similar to reference account.... I think the support has been as usual great... maybe you should email them about the issue... I once had all my raybot trades checked and that definitely had helped me run raybot more confidently.
No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 09:07:07 PM »
that sounds a bit more promising mike. i am of the same line of thinking more and more like you to really narrow down the EAs that I use to just a few. It is tough to know the best few, but I am narrowing it.

Offline ifouda

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 02:58:23 PM »
This EA is not worth it.

Offline compujock

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 02:29:03 PM »
Pete

Pete

The initial trades started out in sync with the reference account for the first few trades and then over time I started getting the odd additional trade most of which, unfortunately were losing trades (no complaint if they had all been winners of course LOL). When I made a direct comparison I was getting only 50% of their pip count on the reference account. From the date I started to when I notified them of the disparity their pip count was 533 pips and mine was 255 Pips.

Pete
I had the same experience.  Running for 3 or 4 months and got about half the pip count they did also on ICMarkets.  I hope they can fix the sensitivity issue.  I'm still in the negative profit wise with this currently, but I think it's still too early to tell if this will be good long term or not.

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 05:20:26 AM »
just a quick update.... index has closed a gbpjpy trade for a gain of +440 pips on all my accounts  :D

I have been running with an increased allocation of 25% since mid oct and during this period it has gained about 520 pips... personally for me this increased allocation has taken my index account to new high.

Cabex had also taken a  long GU trades around the same time as the index gbpjpy long and is floating with gains of about +130 pip.... the movement on the gbp jpy pair is much more than on the GU pair....  index has been doing well with the yen pairs.... also have a open usdjpy with about +100 pips gains....  8)

i am seeing good trade match with ref account since last update. I am running on ic markets and atc (no gold on this).

increasing allocation is basically same as increasing risk - but it makes it easier to run a new strategy more confidently. phibase always have been very knowledgeable about the drawdown periods and are very confident about recovery. In Mid oct they had sent a technical report in which they recommended increasing risk as the drawdown was a good low risk point. 

getting more confident with this ea.... still some pips away from full recovery from the sept dd..... but starting looking good
No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Offline compujock

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 03:19:17 PM »
just a quick update.... index has closed a gbpjpy trade for a gain of +440 pips on all my accounts  :D

I have been running with an increased allocation of 25% since mid oct and during this period it has gained about 520 pips... personally for me this increased allocation has taken my index account to new high.

Cabex had also taken a  long GU trades around the same time as the index gbpjpy long and is floating with gains of about +130 pip.... the movement on the gbp jpy pair is much more than on the GU pair....  index has been doing well with the yen pairs.... also have a open usdjpy with about +100 pips gains....  8)

i am seeing good trade match with ref account since last update. I am running on ic markets and atc (no gold on this).

increasing allocation is basically same as increasing risk - but it makes it easier to run a new strategy more confidently. phibase always have been very knowledgeable about the drawdown periods and are very confident about recovery. In Mid oct they had sent a technical report in which they recommended increasing risk as the drawdown was a good low risk point. 

getting more confident with this ea.... still some pips away from full recovery from the sept dd..... but starting looking good

Well that's very interesting!  I did NOT get that amazing GBPJPY trade on either of my accounts.  I have index running on IC Markets and on Tickmill.  Neither of them took that trade.   :(   I am still in the red with IndEX so far.  This amazing trade you talk about would have pulled both of mine out of the drawdown.  I would love to know what the difference is between my set up and yours and the official one.  I'm running straight up defaults.  Are you guys running something different? 

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 03:32:31 PM »

Well that's very interesting!  I did NOT get that amazing GBPJPY trade on either of my accounts.  I have index running on IC Markets and on Tickmill.  Neither of them took that trade.   :(   I am still in the red with IndEX so far.  This amazing trade you talk about would have pulled both of mine out of the drawdown.  I would love to know what the difference is between my set up and yours and the official one.  I'm running straight up defaults.  Are you guys running something different?

:o owww!!! that would really hurt. I have it on ic markets... and atc as well... both very different brokers. it was opened on 31 oct....and closed only yesterday.

what about other trades.?  GBPJPY, USDJPY, EURGBP, EURJPY and GBPUSD had closed trades in last two weeks... 2 loss and 3 had gained...  now have USDJPY and EURGBP open trades..... I see the same trades on the ref acc also... you can track open trades on the vendor web site

are you sure you are running the last updated version index v2.2 _build20181014?? 

Offline compujock

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 03:41:30 PM »

:o owww!!! that would really hurt. I have it on ic markets... and atc as well... both very different brokers. it was opened on 31 oct....and closed only yesterday.

what about other trades.?  GBPJPY, USDJPY, EURGBP, EURJPY and GBPUSD had closed trades in last two weeks... 2 loss and 3 had gained...  now have USDJPY and EURGBP open trades..... I see the same trades on the ref acc also... you can track open trades on the vendor web site

are you sure you are running the last updated version index v2.2 _build20181014??

Yes, I'm on that build and both say they are latest version on the HUD.  I looked back through my history on both accounts and neither of them took any GBPJPY trades on Oct 30, Oct 31, or Nov 1.  I'm really bummed.  I seem to get every loser, but miss the really good winners.   :(     
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 03:48:23 PM by compujock »

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: PZ Bollinger Band EA Set File by diyforexskills
[Today at 02:13:01 AM]

I apologise, but, in my opinion, it is obvious. by dashunya_152
[Today at 01:27:57 AM]

Re: Best Scalper by nwboater
[Today at 12:37:46 AM]

Re: LEGEND by reinerh
[Today at 12:34:00 AM]

Re: LEGEND by yshin