collapse

Author Topic: Momentum Classic Price Action (via MQL5.com)  (Read 5209 times)

Online FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: Momentum Classic Price Action (via MQL5.com)
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2018, 08:28:43 PM »
My suspicious nature tells me that this is a running conversation between two parties or maybe one posing as two, between you and FLechdrop. The only other member than myself to be involved in this thread, was our trusted member reinerh, with the question, "do you have any real forward accounts running ???", which was totally ignored.

Hey, I am a real person who, although relatively new to the forum, has been participating in conversations about numerous EAs for some time now. I am not an alter ego of ivanvp or vice versa.

Also, thanks to the conversation there is a discount now not only for me, but for everyone. No one has to buy it who does not want to, but to keep a general discount private would make no sense. I don't see why my other remarks are not relevant to evaluating this EA either.

Online Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2018, 08:42:41 PM »
My suspicious nature tells me that this is a running conversation between two parties or maybe one posing as two, between you and FLechdrop. The only other member than myself to be involved in this thread, was our trusted member reinerh, with the question, "do you have any real forward accounts running ???", which was totally ignored.

Hey, I am a real person who, although relatively new to the forum, has been participating in conversations about numerous EAs for some time now. I am not an alter ego of ivanvp or vice versa.

Also, thanks to the conversation there is a discount now not only for me, but for everyone. No one has to buy it who does not want to, but to keep a general discount private would make no sense. I don't see why my other remarks are not relevant to evaluating this EA either.

Like I said, "it's my suspicion" and thanks for the discount. Now all you need to convince us is a "real, live account" on myfxbook, for at least three months. Since you have availed yourself of this discount, we will now wait for your publication to further acknowledge your sincere help in all this.  :)

Regards,
HumbleTrader
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:55:19 PM by Humble Trader's Fx »
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Love is the ink, wisdom is the message.

Online FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2018, 08:59:59 PM »
Well, I find the suspicion completely unwarranted for the reasons mentioned above and not very welcoming coming from one of the forum moderators. Do you think I have been participating in all of the discussions I have been participating in, merely to create credibility for a fake account, that has as its only real purpose to plug this EA?

I am not even saying it is a great EA. Merely that it looks interesting, I like (yes, even love) one of its features, and I am going to test it. If it is great or not on a real account, I do not know yet.

Whether I will make a separate test account for it to be published here, I will have to see. I generally test all my EAs on the same account (if they are not very incompatible). I will consider it, but then again I am not sure if it makes sense to run this on a small test account at all. Testing will tell, hopefully.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2018, 09:06:25 PM »
Well, I find the suspicion completely unwarranted for the reasons mentioned above and not very welcoming coming from one of the forum moderators. Do you think I have been participating in all of the discussions I have been participating in, merely to create credibility for a fake account, that has as its only real purpose to plug this EA?

I am not even saying it is a great EA. Merely that it looks interesting, I like (yes, even love) one of its features, and I am going to test it. If it is great or not on a real account, I do not know yet.

Whether I will make a separate test account for it to be published here, I will have to see. I generally test all my EAs on the same account (if they are not very incompatible). I will consider it, but then again I am not sure if it makes sense to run this on a small test account at all. Testing will tell, hopefully.

I wouldn't advise otherwise, "always" demo test, even the 100% EA's. As to my suspicion, please do not take it the wrong way, it's just that I always speak my mind and not go around circles, when it comes to such issues; you would be surprised of the schemes which we have seen in this forum from unscrupulous vendors and the games they play. I am looking out for our best interest, including yours. My apology, no offense intended.  :)

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Online FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2018, 09:28:23 PM »
Apology accepted. I understand your concern, I just don't like to be treated like a fake person.

Online FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2018, 09:30:25 PM »
In any case, there is a myfxbook to follow now, albeit demo: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/PeregrimEA/momentum-classic/2759674

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2018, 09:32:40 PM »
In any case, there is a myfxbook to follow now, albeit demo: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/PeregrimEA/momentum-classic/2759674

Now you are talking, excellent! May I suggest you add it to your signature as a widget.

Best of luck.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2018, 10:20:16 PM »
so i did some bt and have to say some set files are good, others not.

but one can optimise which is a nice thing.

open bar so it should match forward backward pretty damm close.

attached uchf m15 which is bad, its not even close to matching ivans backtest, have no clue why.

also it would be nice = show confidence if you would start a live account running your own creation. i assume you made enough money from other sales as to be able to fund a live account.

it always raises suspicions if its only run on a demo.

it sure looks to me it could have potential.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:22:16 PM by reinerh »

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2018, 10:51:19 PM »
so i did some bt and have to say some set files are good, others not.

but one can optimise which is a nice thing.

open bar so it should match forward backward pretty damm close.

attached uchf m15 which is bad, its not even close to matching ivans backtest, have no clue why.

also it would be nice = show confidence if you would start a live account running your own creation. i assume you made enough money from other sales as to be able to fund a live account.

it always raises suspicions if its only run on a demo.

it sure looks to me it could have potential.

Real Money account will be later.

You have tested by Control points - it's a mistake. You can use Open prices (it's better), but I am using Testing by all ticks with the Dukascopy quotes and Variable spread. It's maximally realistic results. Testing by Control point have a modelling quality nearly 10-25% :(

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2018, 11:24:13 PM »
now it looks better...................

whoopsie my bad :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 11:29:30 PM by reinerh »

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2018, 12:04:52 AM »

Why are you testing for the so small period? :) It's longterm and it have a sense to test minimally since 2010. And you have stoped testing or you have not all quotes, because since october 2017 you don't have a trades ;)

But now your results are similar with the my backtests ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 12:07:15 AM by ivanvp »

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2018, 12:22:07 AM »

Why are you testing for the so small period? :) It's longterm and it have a sense to test minimally since 2010. And you have stoped testing or you have not all quotes, because since october 2017 you don't have a trades ;)

i have just now gone back to 2005, and it looks good no question.

looked at the values some and like what i see, using fibos is a very valid approach, i use them in manual trading as well.

eu m15 went flat in 2018 since markets changed late 2017, but the good things is that m15 did not crash in 18, just slightly into dd and very few trades. lots of outbreak strategies stopped working in 18.

so bottom line is one has to analyse which are the best sets to run forward, eu m15 i would not run currently.

which set files do you run on your forward demo ??
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 12:38:06 AM by reinerh »

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2018, 12:43:53 AM »

i have just now gone back to 2005, and it looks good no question.

looked at the values some and like what i see, using fibos is a very valid approach, i use them in manual trading as well.

eu m15 went flat in 2018 since markets changed late 2017, but the good things is that m15 did not crash in 18, just slightly into dd and very few trades. lots of outbreak strategies stopped working in 18.

so bottom line is one has to analyse which are the best sets to run forward, eu m15 i would not run currently.

which set files do you run on your forward demo ??

I am using 2 accounts:

All available presets: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/PeregrimEA/momentum-classic/2759674
Major pairs: https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/momentum-classic-majors/2783815

Really, I don't want to use XAUUSD - I am afraid it, but I will do it.

There are no sense to select pairs by last hald year or year - it's longterm system. EURUSD have been main impulse pair for a long period (nearly 10 years) and I think now it's have a vacation and soon it will be profitable too ;)

2 days ago have been losses by EURAUD: trades have been opened with the stop loss 34 pips, but reverse was nearly 35 pips after impulse :( Now it can be closed with the gain profit nearly 4% :(

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2018, 12:57:17 AM »

yes i agree, eu should come back. but its all usd crosses which seem to have quit breaking out properly late 17.

the moves just did not have a lot of punch all year, only once eu in june this year had a good move.

so do you run all set files on these accounts below, just as posted same mm and all, so in total 28 charts since its 28 set files in total ???????

btw, gold i would not be all too worried, but g pairs i would be currently due to brexit. eu of course being the most stable pair to date.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/PeregrimEA/momentum-classic/2759674

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2018, 01:02:36 AM »

yes i agree, eu should come back. but its all usd crosses which seem to have quit breaking out properly late 17.

the moves just did not have a lot of punch all year, only once eu in june this year had a good move.

so do you run all set files on these accounts below, just as posted same mm and all, so in total 28 charts since its 28 set files in total ???????

btw, gold i would not be all too worried, but g pairs i would be currently due to brexit. eu of course being the most stable pair to date.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/PeregrimEA/momentum-classic/2759674

Of course all 28 presets - it's a main monitoring. But everybody can choise a pairs/presets and risks for themself. It's all available presets for now, so I have to include all to monitoring.

Maybe I will make some more portfolios later as Majors, but it isn't important for now =)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:04:35 AM by ivanvp »

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: LEGEND by atomico
[Today at 04:18:02 PM]

Re: HotForex by pinoytrader
[Today at 01:01:09 PM]

Re: LEGEND by yshin
[Today at 12:22:37 AM]

Re: LEGEND by atomico
[Today at 12:04:43 AM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 10:46:40 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by oportunis
[Yesterday at 10:28:27 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 09:34:40 PM]

Re: Best Scalper by nwboater
[Yesterday at 03:08:15 PM]

Re: Best Quotes by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 03:03:23 PM]

Re: Best Scalper by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 01:12:25 PM]