collapse

Author Topic: Forex Signal Port  (Read 7008 times)

Online phibase

• Verified Vendor
  • Donna Forex Verified Vendor (Basic)
    • ForexSignalPort
Re: Forex Signal Port
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2019, 04:07:07 PM »
@HumbleTrader : Noted. We will certainly take your advice.
ForexSignalPort : Leverage the full-potential of the Phibase Portfolio
https://forexsignalport.com

Offline donnaforex

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2019, 04:35:16 PM »
Could you please explain in details how the DBA guarantee works and how Donna has verified it?

Hello Megabot.

If you read back at the posts of DBA, you will find one where Donna writes on this topic; better still, you should direct this to Donna, if I am misquoting this.  The main point I am trying to make, that in the forex industry the word "guarantee", has legal implications.  :)

Regards,
HumbleTrader

OK i want to make something clear here. The only thing i verified is that the other seller had the funds/resources available to back up his claim to be able to pay out if traders lose their accounts, and that i have all the personal details of the seller including passports/utility bills, etc, should they break their promise/guarantee and a trader contacts me with proof, so that i can share the sellers personal details with them and they have a place to begin action against them if they wish. So, i verified one specific aspect of their claim (that they have sizeable cash resources, which they do), it is by no means an endorsement of that service... infact this particular point has made me very worried because people are misunderstanding it as me endorsing and verifying the returns - i don't, and neither do i think that service will necessarily produce good returns.

I will never again verify anything for any seller because of this. It's pointless for me to do so and only exposes me to personal risk for absolutely zero return. At the time i did it because I do thought it was an outlandish claim and was interested to know if they actually had the sizeable resources they claimed (they did have those resources...).

Back on the topic of this service, i agree sellers should be careful with their wording, guaranteeing 200 pips a month is a big thing to say and worrisome if you happen to have a customer who is trading a massive account who then tries to cash in on that claim.
Follow DonnaForex on Facebook and Twitter.

If you need to contact me, email admin@donnaforex.com or Skype 'donnaforex' or PM via the forum.

Online phibase

• Verified Vendor
    • ForexSignalPort
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2019, 05:04:02 PM »
Our sincere thanks to HumbleTrader and Donna for the valuable advice regarding the wording. We have edited the posts with the following correction : guarantee replaced with "assurance".  Our marketing team will also carry out the changes on the website shortly.  We did not intend to misguide members with the wording, it was an unintentional oversight on our part.

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
  • Love to be cheerleader :-)
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2019, 02:17:44 PM »
I had given this testimonial to Phibase and am posting the same here as  i have been running phibase eas for long and shited to forexsignalport cloning ea last month.

I used to run Cabex, index and raybot  on 8 accounts, iprofit was run on EU, GU and Gold on 4 accounts trading part of my capital.   

When i loaded FSP ea first thing immediately noticeable was how easy it was to get up. Earlier I had to attach 4 eas on 8 charts. So changing mt4 or installing updates it was going thru the setup and checking of nearly 50 charts. Really painful process when i think about it now. with fsp its just loading on one chart... i have it running on all 8 accounts.... just had to attach to 8 charts and i am done.... that is almost 80% less work for me.

Next most obvious was vps memory used has come down from around 230 mb to less than 45 mb for each mt4 now. I also see cpu usage around 30% most of the time... spikes to 90% every now and then..... earlier it was almost always at 90% or 99%.

I still have my vps at 4gb memory and  4 cpu cores.... i think i can scale down to 2GB and 1 cpu core now.... that by itself would save me $600 every year.

third major difference: have about 58 closed trades... each one of them identical across ICM, AXI and ATC. I also on Oanda (no gold) using splitting trades across two accs. I used to see atleast 3 to 4 trade variations per week... not its my third week and 100% identical trades. I really appreciate phibase for solving this nagging issue.

Earlier, my risk was set higher for cabex and raybot. now it is evenly distributed across all eas at 3% per trade and my full capital looks better utilizied  8).

its been a great start this year with my accounts jumping up by over 25% since 1st jan.... with gains of 850 pips so far.  Such gains give me good cushion to ride out any losing periods that happen from time to time... i have been very successful adding funds during dd....(cabex did pull down a bit more after my last increase in capital  ::)... but it had gained much more so took it as part of the game). i plan  will continue same money management with fsp as well.... increase 25% funds at 400 pip dd and increase another 25% at 800 pip dd. It is always prudent to hold back some funds and not go all in.... call it reserve capital.... once the ea gains, take off the extra gains and refill the reserve capital again. This will give lot of peace of mind while trading this risky game. and always split capital across as many brokers as you possibly can while maintaining decent account size.... learnt this after FXCM scare in 2015. US citizens are really crippled... estonian e-res good option  ;)... i am lucky my wife is still non-us citizen  ;D

No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2019, 04:01:21 PM »
mike these are valid points, but i would still rather do the EAs, to be more hands on, and customize a bit more, and not have to deal with slippages that will EVENTUALLY come on a copier (as you have their slip plus a copier slip, plus your slip all for potential to add up).

You can run all these EAs on one account on a VPS, and its not going to make a huge difference.

You also have two servers to worry about going down or disconnecting instead of one.

So I appreciate your review. But it is not perfect and is highlighting most of the pros.

I have bought, and lost money with virtually all of phibase EAs from synergy to cabex (have not given index a try yet). My approach with them going forward is to take a long patient road. I don't care about the signal, but will be watching index for a long time first and see if it lives up to claims. But my experience with their EA performacne historically has been poor - to average at best. And I can live with average to be honest if it can be sustained. Will keep an look in on this.

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2019, 04:03:58 PM »
I will add that on the flip side, I feel that this is an honest vendor who is trying hard. Just that has not had a lot of luck in the past. I hope that that might be the natural learning lessons needed to improve things as very few of us get it right the first time.

Offline canis

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2019, 04:37:28 PM »
I have bought, and lost money with virtually all of phibase EAs from synergy to cabex (have not given index a try yet).

I also. Interestingly, there are people who earned on these EAs?
English is not my native language

Offline Anchorpoint

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
  • Position sizing is the key
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2019, 04:52:57 PM »
I have bought, and lost money with virtually all of phibase EAs from synergy to cabex (have not given index a try yet).

I also. Interestingly, there are people who earned on these EAs?

CabEx had three very good years 2014-2016. Then a long drawdown down taking most of it back: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexgermany/cabex/1134749

Their at this point most consistent performer is RayBot: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexgermany/raybot/1501113
Anything can happen - every moment in the market is unique

Offline Ibiz

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2019, 07:34:58 PM »
Same ,only lose money with Phibase Eas, support is really good  but it does not give money.

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2019, 08:36:03 PM »
Also mike, when i look at the trades, it looks like almost all of this years growth has come from the freak JPY spike on Jan 3rd. The same spike that crashed many accounts. So basically they got lucky on a GBPJPY trade during the flash spike that made 8% of their 10% growth. The flash spike could have easily worked against them to but they lucked out on the right side.

Sorry, i am not trying to ruin your review. But just help put it to a more clear perspective. I do really like your idea though of adding funds in to the periods of drawdowns. It is a smart strategy.

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2019, 08:47:39 PM »
Also mike, when i look at the trades, it looks like almost all of this years growth has come from the freak JPY spike on Jan 3rd. The same spike that crashed many accounts. So basically they got lucky on a GBPJPY trade during the flash spike that made 8% of their 10% growth. The flash spike could have easily worked against them to but they lucked out on the right side.

Sorry, i am not trying to ruin your review. But just help put it to a more clear perspective. I do really like your idea though of adding funds in to the periods of drawdowns. It is a smart strategy.

adding funds when cabex went south cant have worked out good, simply impossible looking at the account below.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexgermany/cabex/1134749

strategies can fail as we all know by now and one has to accept that when they do and preserve capital to fight another day.

here below is a manual trader who did not know this basic rule.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/PyroHarold/clifford-bennett-signal-fxcm/2395156

with signal port = being diversified i think this has a good chance of being a long term profitable, but only time will tell.

Offline Ibiz

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2019, 09:17:56 PM »
jwatts7701 100% agree with you,its was present from market,in the future in my opinion will be flat ,I hope I am wrong.
I do not have confidence in Phibase,and I will just watch, hope you succeed.
I think if everything goes well, you will earn 10 percent in a year, too many weak strategies in this portfolio and they will drown Raybot.
But  will see.
P.S Your marketing department is working fine left to find traders(just kidding)

Online phibase

• Verified Vendor
    • ForexSignalPort
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2019, 04:03:33 PM »
So basically they got lucky on a GBPJPY trade during the flash spike that made 8% of their 10% growth. The flash spike could have easily worked against them to but they lucked out on the right side.

INDEX trades GBPJPY with R/R close to 1:3 and large gainers are seen regularly with intermediate small losing phases.  On an average large gainers (>250 pips) are seen about 5 times per year. Since March 2018, INDEX has has 4 large gains (+228, +243, +439, +615). The last trade went on to hit the TP of 600 pips with some positive slippage.  SL losses are always maintained at -100 pips and most trades are closed for smaller losses when trade direction is no longer in line with the the entry conditions.

The historical data is provided below

(We have also shown in the INDEX technical report that Live trading match backtests trades very well)

We acknowledge the role of luck in trading, however any trading or strategies cannot survive on luck. We believe that any trader or developer can only put odds in their favor by a small percentage and use proper risk + trade management to make reasonable gains.   The positive R/R enables INDEX (along with trading uncorrelated pairs/timeframes/strategies) enables it to recover from losing phases much faster than any of our other strategies.

3rd Jan 2019 Asian Market Crash :

INDEX GBPJPY trade was open with floating gain of +200 pips prior to the current crash. The trade had been open since 31st Dec. Flash crashes are generally seen in the same direction of the trend (may not always be the case system failures can happen in any direction). Phibase started trading Yen pairs only after INDEX strategy was developed this is largely because the strategy has a lot more market information to factor into the trade. In most cases the overall trend direction is maintained. INDEX trades are likely to benefit from flash crashes. Among all strategies we have researched and developed, INDEX is relatively safest for trading Yen pairs the risks associated are well compensated by the rewards offered by trading this pair.

Please refer to the Phibase technical trade recommendation published on 2nd Jan 2019 : https://forexsignalport.com/Free-Manual-Technical-Trading-Signal-20190102-GBPJPY.html. A per this trade setup, a drop to 134 level was very much expected as it was the completion leg of the Crab Harmonic pattern. We are of the opinion that many large positions had stops placed below 133.8 level and once they got triggered, the slip to 131 was imminent.

In case INDEX was holding a LONG prior to the current crash, the SL of 100 pips would have been triggered about 15 minutes prior to the 600 pip drop.

In the rare event that the Phibase portfolio has a trade in wrong direction, the loss would be as per the risk level used and well within max drawdown expected.

Assuming a worst case 500 pip drop with stoploss not being honored would lose about 10% of the equity (at default risk 2%). The equity loss would be 15% at risk 3%.  this is a risk that should be factored into trading.

Many EAs/traders set risk based on most recent good performance without considering the max drawdown the system has seen in past when trading with such risk, accounts are usually blown out. Grids/Martingales almost always blow out accounts during such events.

We always recommend risk keeping in mind the worst-case DD This makes our gains look smaller and lagging other EAs on performance leader boards.  Our goal is to perform consistently over long term and give the strategies a chance to prove their potential.

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2019, 06:05:11 AM »
mike these are valid points, but i would still rather do the EAs, to be more hands on, and customize a bit more, and not have to deal with slippages that will EVENTUALLY come on a copier (as you have their slip plus a copier slip, plus your slip all for potential to add up).

You can run all these EAs on one account on a VPS, and its not going to make a huge difference.

You also have two servers to worry about going down or disconnecting instead of one.

So I appreciate your review. But it is not perfect and is highlighting most of the pros.

I have bought, and lost money with virtually all of phibase EAs from synergy to cabex (have not given index a try yet). My approach with them going forward is to take a long patient road. I don't care about the signal, but will be watching index for a long time first and see if it lives up to claims. But my experience with their EA performacne historically has been poor - to average at best. And I can live with average to be honest if it can be sustained. Will keep an look in on this.

If I have to worry about  server going down or disconnecting, the first thing I will do is change the VPS provider. When running EAs the last thing you want to worry is VPS issues. My provider, like most other VPS guys provides 99.9% uptime, but has never once let me down during trading hours in the past 5 years. System updates do happen occasionally but is informed in advance and takes place over weenend when market is closed. Never have the auto update feature on.... windows will definitely decide to do it and restart to look fresh and neat when you needed it the most  ;D.

And.... trading is a game of probability. assuming my VPS has an uptime of 99% and assume phibase server is 99% (I am sure they should be aiming for 100%), what are the odds of both having common downtime... or any one having downtime and a critical trade in place... further all trades have a server side SL... The probability of uptime looks pretty favorable to me  ;) but as always no one is right all the time. I trade when things look good to me.... when in doubt never trade.

I look at EAs as nothing but a trade. Its just like entering  a manual trade.... have a goal, have a SL and trade as per plan. it is nothing but a tool. I do enough research on the EA.... in case of phibase i ask them questions... lots and lots of questions... they explain to me in great details... much more than what is there on their sites... when the support is good its best to make use of it and make things work....  I am not saying i did great gains in 2018... I made a okay gain... mostly due to Raybot... and timing of increasing risk as well as capital on INDEX (mid oct).... gains made are due to my money management and not solely the eas handiwork.... I would say i was able to use the tools well. 

I did ask phibase about the cloning slippage and inevitable lag that could be seen... I am convinced with the answers and the process they have used to ensure identical trading as their master accounts.  8) 

I would have preferred to run stand alone EAs... have been doing so for, but over longer period variation across brokers is seen to be about 20%... for example at my risk raybot gained 55% on ICM, 62% on AXI, 40% on ATC....  I trade same amount on each account... these differences reduces my gain to just about 50% instead of 55%. I am sure broker differences will always exist when trading any EA.... phibase guys will be better off if they simply accept this and not tweak their eas too much to make eas work on good brokers as well as bucket shop brokers.  They need to tell clearly their choice of brokers for their EAs.. I took great efforts to move to ICM and AXI.... I think  its is upto us to give the tools/eas we use a good chance.

Good luck trading.
No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2019, 06:28:48 AM »

adding funds when cabex went south cant have worked out good, simply impossible looking at the account below.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexgermany/cabex/1134749

strategies can fail as we all know by now and one has to accept that when they do and preserve capital to fight another day.

here below is a manual trader who did not know this basic rule.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/PyroHarold/clifford-bennett-signal-fxcm/2395156

with signal port = being diversified i think this has a good chance of being a long term profitable, but only time will tell.

I have been using the method of adding funds since 2012.... it was very thrilling at first, but after synergy, WS and turbit.... i became a bit more responsible and set some good rules and conditions for adding funds....  I also set up rules to take it out again as soon as the add-on funds served its purpose... the goal is to have 100% capital available outside your trading accounts all the time.... never go all out in..... so when i say i am trading with high risk 3%, it would actually mean i am trading only at risk 1.5% when taking the reserve capital into the picture.... i just dont trust the full money into any broker or expose it all. EVEN If all the brokers turn turtle... i dont have to stop trading or be at the mercy of some regulator.  :'(  I once assume nothing could go wrong with brokers... FXCM  really gave me the scare... and made me wiser.

phibase has very clear drawdown reports and it was easy to increase risk or add funds during the dds.... for example in mid oct they advised on index ea dd and said that it was likely to recover in next few weeks. I increased risk from 2 to 3%... and also increased its allocation from 25% to 100%...... by the next month it had gained about 1000 pips making some neat gains.... i took out add-on fund and replaced the reserve fund immediately...

Adding funds was very rewarding in 2015, 2016 and even to some extent in 2017 and once in april 2018 when v4 was released.... It added to loss  in Oct 2017 and the more recent  nov 2018... but phibase had advised to suspend by Dec.... so no much harm done... just part of game  ::)

when we do things consistently i see that such negatives are more than made up by the gains they bring in......   ofcourse this is sure way to loose if trading bad strategies.... especially if the vendor is not honest with past data and backtests.... i just happen to trust phibase as a vendor and believe they are honest in their development of eas.  8)

capital management and risk management is something i learnt along the way in these past few years.... that has given me more success than any particular EA. Do do that I just needed a dependable reasonably good set of EAs  8)

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Archer Asset Management by F1Maniac
[Today at 05:31:27 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by namrfigk
[Today at 05:26:25 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by namrfigk
[Today at 05:23:39 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by petersurrey
[Today at 05:19:20 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by Nasdaq100
[Today at 05:00:33 AM]