collapse

Author Topic: Forex Signal Port  (Read 5352 times)

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: Forex Signal Port
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2019, 02:53:01 AM »

mike,

you having the most experience regards these ea, could you be so kind and share a myfxbook link of one of your accounts.

all info private is just fine, just the curve would be of interest to me and i am sure others as well.

thanks.

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
  • Love to be cheerleader :-)
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2019, 02:48:46 PM »

mike,

you having the most experience regards these ea, could you be so kind and share a myfxbook link of one of your accounts.

all info private is just fine, just the curve would be of interest to me and i am sure others as well.

thanks.

never used myfxbook nor intend to..... i do stakeout monthly statements from my mt4s for my accounting and analysis... happy to do it my way. anyway being a numbers guy, i am not a big fan of curves  ;)   I use on chart reporting tools... always more secure and safe  8)
No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2019, 05:01:07 PM »
Mike I was talking about the broker's servers not VPSs. But all do go down occasionally. Have had my VPS and broker servers go down a few times in the last year (you have 3 to worry about now).

Then throw in 3x potential slippages (their broker, your broker, and the copier latency) and the risk/benefit of the signal vs the EAs are not that good.

Also another big point to consider. Is according to your results there you had far better results at Axitrader, than you did at atc and ICm (which is surprising to be honest).

But that means that if you have a broker with a significantly better platform for the EAs like you did at Axitrader, it doesn't matter now. You are basically limited (capped) to the performance of the broker that the master account trades at.

In this case it is SMFX and Pax Forex (two generally poor/shady choice brokers in my opinion to host a master at). This means that if Axi performs 30% better than either of these, at best you can only receive the results of either of them and nothing better. So gone is your ability to test various different brokerages as well.

It is certainly a trade off and you sacrifice some real benefits for the convenience factor. Let us see how it unfolds. Hopefully good.

I would like to see some other myfxbooks sometime as well for histories, as it seems the only lengthy ones are forexgermany. Thankfully we have them as a really nice reference service for everyone.

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2019, 02:40:02 AM »
Mike I was talking about the broker's servers not VPSs. But all do go down occasionally. Have had my VPS and broker servers go down a few times in the last year (you have 3 to worry about now).

Then throw in 3x potential slippages (their broker, your broker, and the copier latency) and the risk/benefit of the signal vs the EAs are not that good.

Also another big point to consider. Is according to your results there you had far better results at Axitrader, than you did at atc and ICm (which is surprising to be honest).

But that means that if you have a broker with a significantly better platform for the EAs like you did at Axitrader, it doesn't matter now. You are basically limited (capped) to the performance of the broker that the master account trades at.

In this case it is SMFX and Pax Forex (two generally poor/shady choice brokers in my opinion to host a master at). This means that if Axi performs 30% better than either of these, at best you can only receive the results of either of them and nothing better. So gone is your ability to test various different brokerages as well.

It is certainly a trade off and you sacrifice some real benefits for the convenience factor. Let us see how it unfolds. Hopefully good.

I would like to see some other myfxbooks sometime as well for histories, as it seems the only lengthy ones are forexgermany. Thankfully we have them as a really nice reference service for everyone.

raybot on Axi did better mostly becoz it had fewer UC trades... UC was losing for most part of 2018 and AXI was missing out on some of the losses.... this has been a common thing with raybot... it outperforms on some brokers at sometime and underperforms at other times...  icm is just a reference case since its used as refer account by phibase. i suppose with v5 differences was lower, but i shifted to fsp just before Christmas holidays... so have less than 2 months trading directly with v5. anyway, its been doing great since new version was started about 3 months ago.

I honestly did not understand the 3x potential slippage concept... but i guess that is something that i will overlook since i expect my trades on all my brokers matching reference account and that is more important to me as of now.  icm has near 0 spreads... atc and oanda have higher spreads....  if trades match up well, i think the performance yield will be similar on all accounts... i wont mind 10% lower if it was due to higher spreads of accounts.. or something like that... that is my choice since i want certain part of my funds to remain with US regulation.

I just clarified with phibase.... smfx or pax is not the master account... these accs are used to give reference for cloned trades. master account trades are run on same broker as EA ref accounts....
No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2019, 06:29:01 PM »
Hi Mike. Do you mean the master accounts are coming from Forex Germany? Or someone else?

Offline phibase

• Verified Vendor
  • Donna Forex Verified Vendor (Basic)
    • ForexSignalPort
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2019, 05:25:18 AM »
FSP Trades are generated from master accounts run on same broker MT4s as reference accounts of EAs. The master account MT4s are run on the Phibase server from where signals are generated for the FSP client.

INDEX : FXPIG
RayBOT and iProfit : IC Markets
CabEX : DarwinEX
ForexSignalPort : Leverage the full-potential of the Phibase Portfolio
https://forexsignalport.com

Offline Ibiz

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2019, 08:26:33 PM »
Hi guys, anybody use forex signal? You are satisfied with the result?

Offline Anchorpoint

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
  • Position sizing is the key
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2019, 08:45:35 AM »
Hi guys, anybody use forex signal? You are satisfied with the result?

Seems stable and I get same trades as reference account:
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/pbindex/forexsignalport--smfx-reference-account/2804640

You can activate/deactivate individual strategies and pairs. Also adjust risk individually for each strategy.
Anything can happen - every moment in the market is unique

Offline Ibiz

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2019, 07:58:19 AM »
Remind me how many pips do you guarantee every month?  Now monthly losses - 1.76%
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 02:49:18 PM by Ibiz »

Offline phibase

• Verified Vendor
  • Donna Forex Verified Vendor (Basic)
    • ForexSignalPort
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2019, 12:45:19 PM »
FSP is a cloner EA providing trades from the Phibase portfolio. This service was started during last weeks of December 2018 and is aimed at replicating the reference account performance on member accounts on any broker. It is mainly aimed at eliminating any broker feed related trading differences and also enabling members trade the complete portfolio of Phibase EAs.

In order to see the current performance with a technical perspective, we have provided the cumulative pips of the Phibase EA components prior to start of FSP cloning and post FSP cloning. The winning and losing phases have been marked to indicate the general pattern of trading results:

Basis of Projected Returns:

Phibase portfolio as a set of diversified strategies has gained about 210 pips per month on an average over 5 years period. INDEX was a major new component added to the portfolio in 2018 and this strategy is expected to further increase the average gains. This year, through FSP we have introduced manual technical trades to the portfolio which also aims at delivering about +200 pips per month. 

The projected assured returns and potential return is based on the long-term statistical averages of all the strategies. FSP also has risk management which is aimed at filtering under-performing strategies (like CabEX and RayBOT on USDCAD) - this is expected to further make the portfolio returns better.

The projected returns curve will enable traders and our team to assess performance on a monthly basis - While the holy grail straight line curve of +200 pips per month cannot be replicated in real trading, our team is very confident the actual performance line will consistently stay above the assured gain line. This is being reported on a monthly basis for the benefit of our members and to make our team accountable for the performance since this is a managed portfolio.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 03:31:02 AM by phibase »
ForexSignalPort : Leverage the full-potential of the Phibase Portfolio
https://forexsignalport.com

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2019, 01:54:06 PM »
As per my plan (my earlier post from Jan 10 on this thread), last weekend i have increased allocation to fsp accounts by 50% and also set  2.5%  risk...  earlier 2%. I have been following this method of money management at different stages of DDs and have had much better results because the following trades during better times very easily make up for the dd since they are larger size. Of course risk of further loss would be there, but its happened only 2 times in more than 20 occasions that i must have done this in past few years. its about probability and gaining confidence in a system.....

I have been suggesting phibase guys to not reduce lot size  during dds... or atleast scale it up as it approaches 50% max dd or 75% max dd, but they have been insisting on playing it as per book.... according to this losing -300 pips will lose 6% equity and recovering +300 pips will gain back about 5% equity......  :(  this has been my only complaint but they feel it is a method which is best suited to protect account capital and do not want to give a semi-marty type feel.

Anyway.... i find my phased out allocation increase and risk increase during DDs to be a much better method..  8)

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds by frescof
[Today at 12:13:21 AM]

Re: US NFP and Canadian Employment change by Umar
[Yesterday at 06:16:38 PM]

Re: Forex Optimum Representative by Hilapur
[Yesterday at 03:14:15 PM]

Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds by SJWkiller
[April 20, 2019, 05:24:40 PM]

Re: Pegasus FX by nwboater
[April 20, 2019, 01:52:31 PM]