collapse

Author Topic: Visual-based strategy buiding  (Read 124 times)

Offline FxTS

Visual-based strategy buiding
« on: February 06, 2019, 06:24:48 PM »
Dear community,

I would like to ask an interesting question since I have got an opportunity to be engaged in a project, connected with trading software creation of tool that allows to construct EAs without any coding required.

The idea is quite simple: you just drag and drop the needed elements and receive a coded EA in two formats (both for the backtesting and trading MT4/MT5 platforms) that is ready to be downloaded. As for me, it will make the process of strategy development easy and comfortable.

The project is at the initial MVP stage and at this moment, so I would like to hear your expert opinion about all these things. Have you ever used any tool allowing to construct strategies in a way, similar to this? If so, what were the results? Have you faced any difficulties while using it? What were the advantages or disadvantages of the tool youve used?

Feel free to share any idea that pop up in your mind

*Unfortunately, I`m not allowed to mention the name of the project, company, or any details due to the NDA, so lets just discuss the concept in general.

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: Visual-based strategy buiding
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 06:29:32 PM »
Yes, some of us use EA Lab: https://www.tradeview.com.au/product/ea-lab/

This sounds like more or less the same as what you are proposing. You could try to compete with them on both quality and price.

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 06:32:15 PM »
As for quality: it seems to me that if you know how to code you could do quite a bit more than with EA Lab currently. I would be interested in anything to do with machine learning.

As for price: they charge quite a lot, including a monthly fee for using the software (but you can get that free with IC Markets) and an additional monthly fee for support. Also quite hefty prices for courses teaching you how to actually use it.

Offline Nasdaq100

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 06:39:01 PM »
The idea is brilliant

However, prices for both using and learning is the major downside in my opinion. Because it will simply mean that there will
be no open public workshops where everyone can participate unfortunately.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Best Scalper by donbon2
[Yesterday at 11:08:23 PM]

Re: Forex Trend Detector by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 05:58:29 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by oportunis
[Yesterday at 04:24:52 PM]

Re: Forex Trend Detector by nick3232
[Yesterday at 03:55:17 PM]

Re: Harmonics Trader EA by Walter_HT
[Yesterday at 03:07:06 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 02:53:27 PM]

Re: Today I quit trading Forex by Pegasus FX
[Yesterday at 02:04:13 PM]

Re: Harmonics Trader EA by primi
[Yesterday at 01:56:59 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by oportunis
[Yesterday at 01:43:58 PM]

Re: Today I quit trading Forex by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 01:30:59 PM]