collapse

Author Topic: Signal Start  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Balanced FX Portfolios

• Balanced FX Portfolios
Re: Signal Start
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2019, 11:38:15 AM »
In that other account he made that 8000% gain in one month only

Upscale Investors very much 'sell the solution' to retail traders.

You may want to check out their website: https://www.upscaleinvestors.com/

They make the bulk of their money by selling course subscriptions, chatroom access, eBooks, signals, etc.

There's nothing wrong with that per se, but bear in mind the actual trading is likely to be secondary to them.

Also, I fail to see how anyone would pay $150 a month to copy a signal with no history?

And who in their right mind would trade 0.50 lot size per trade with just $1300 opening account balance? These are forced results for quick ranking on Signal Start.

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2019, 02:02:22 PM »
In that other account he made that 8000% gain in one month only

Upscale Investors very much 'sell the solution' to retail traders.

You may want to check out their website: https://www.upscaleinvestors.com/

They make the bulk of their money by selling course subscriptions, chatroom access, eBooks, signals, etc.

There's nothing wrong with that per se, but bear in mind the actual trading is likely to be secondary to them.

Also, I fail to see how anyone would pay $150 a month to copy a signal with no history?

And who in their right mind would trade 0.50 lot size per trade with just $1300 opening account balance? These are forced results for quick ranking on Signal Start.

Good points - those 12 trades are actually 6 as they made double entries at the same price..all to no doubt deceive...and,as you say, $150 is way too much for a fledgeling service.

Online user456

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2019, 07:07:42 AM »
- very short track record
- I don't like traders doing this

Offline SJWkiller

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2019, 07:57:52 AM »
What do people think of this

https://www.signalstart.com/analysis/new-age-trading-turbo-profit/58913     
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/NewAgeTrading/new-age-tradingturbo-profit/3369085   

Read this:
https://www.myfxbook.com/community/trading-systems/new-age-trading/1635717,5

This guy blew up accounts before with the same system. He is the kind of person as OTB and has practically the same system. Blows up an account, hides it and starts a new one. Good thing that we have forums where everything is documented.

• Balanced FX Portfolios
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2019, 08:16:00 AM »

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/NewAgeTrading/new-age-tradingturbo-profit/3369085   

Vik2001,

Try not to be attracted to all these new signals that appear at the top of the Signal Start rankings with no track record. It is best to set your filters to minimum 6 months track record when searching for a signal. And then it is best to find a provider who is accountable for their actions, rather that one who hides behind various names and cannot be contacted.

I imagine the provider is just running an EA, so rather than pay $75 a month, you may as well setup your own 1:500 leverage account with IC markets and buy a cheap EA, if that's the route you want to go down. I don't suggest doing this.

My view is that if a provider hasn't made the effort to create a website, social media accounts and be accountable for their actions, then avoid. If they are serious about offering legitimate services, that is the least they could do.

Just my opinion, of course. But what I do know is it would be very easy to setup these accounts and scam people and disappear without a trace. Personally, that's not something that I could do, even though it is a quick way of making money.

Offline SJWkiller

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2019, 08:26:13 AM »

Vik2001,

Try not to be attracted to all these new signals that appear at the top of the Signal Start rankings with no track record. It is best to set your filters to minimum 6 months track record when searching for a signal. And then it is best to find a provider who is accountable for their actions, rather that one who hides behind various names and cannot be contacted.

I imagine the provider is just running an EA, so rather than pay $75 a month, you may as well setup your own 1:500 leverage account with IC markets and buy a cheap EA, if that's the route you want to go down. I don't suggest doing this.

My view is that if a provider hasn't made the effort to create a website, social media accounts and be accountable for their actions, then avoid. If they are serious about offering legitimate services, that is the least they could do.

Just my opinion, of course. But what I do know is it would be very easy to setup these accounts and scam people and disappear without a trace. Personally, that's not something that I could do, even though it is a quick way of making money.

I completely disagree with this part. Look at OTB. He was/is everywhere, on every forum and platform. Just because someone sets up a website and social media accounts doesnt mean that they are any better than traders who focus on trading. In fact I think its the opposite because they waste too much time trying to promote their trading instead of focusing on their primary job. 

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2019, 09:15:36 AM »
Signal start and simpletrader can be easily exploited by fake record scams and, as previously said, anyone with a cheap bot. If you filter for the price it has no effect on performance, so never pay a large premium unless it has a 6 month to one-year unblemished track record. They both profess to be 'copy services' only and therefore are not interested in how dubious the system may be. The good thing with signal start is that it keeps previous track records at the bottom of the system page which highlights in this case the provider has another system with 60%+ DD - AVOID!

Online vik2001

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2019, 09:29:16 AM »
@ balanced fx i wasnt attracted to it. I was asking what people thought of the signal in terms of the strategy being used. As im trying to understand good systems from bad ones. With regards to time this signal only been about 2 months but one of hes other signal has been around for 9 months.  He also has a website www.newagetrading.net but for me websites are only their as well to promote/ sell their business.

Ive learnt also in a small amount of time and good advice from others here to avoid signal providers on simpletrader and signalstart. Which had led me to cancel 2 subscriptions i made to signals because they are not worth it in the long run. As was pointed out hard to find good signals and managers together.

Anyways with this guy it looks like hes using a scalping system. Hes apparently using candel readings and volume readings to open up his positions but not via a grid.
Any other thoughts on the system strategy?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 09:36:13 AM by vik2001 »

• Balanced FX Portfolios
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2019, 09:39:31 AM »

Vik2001,

I completely disagree with this part. Look at OTB. He was/is everywhere, on every forum and platform. Just because someone sets up a website and social media accounts doesnt mean that they are any better than traders who focus on trading. In fact I think its the opposite because they waste too much time trying to promote their trading instead of focusing on their primary job.

That's your opinion and I respect that.

My trading will always be my priority. However, as I have decided to add an additional income stream from my trading activities in the form of copy trading, I think it is absolutely necessary to have a basic web presence, whereby potential clients can converse with me on a one-to-one basis.

Unfortunately, since OTB messed things up, there has been so much negativity in this forum to anyone offering copy trading services and/or trading with similar strategies. The key difference being that some of us stick to our rules and are disciplined with our approach. My signal is experiencing some drawdown at the moment but I am not about to start opening bigger lot size positions in the hope of recovery. I have a plan and I stick to it. In the unfortunate event that the signal takes a loss, we move on and recoup our losses.

I try to limit my contributions to this forum at the moment due to the general mood of negativity towards copy trading service and grid based strategies in general. We're not all OTB, some of us are very disciplined and emotionally stable. What I offer is akin to that of Gary Comey at Blackwave Ltd and I should point out that he trades a manual grid strategy (non-martingale like me) and has been profitable for many years.

Anyway, getting back on topic. I honestly think a web presence is essential for any service offered to the public, and that is what I was trying to point out.

I wish everyone success with their trading efforts.

Best,

Dan.

• Balanced FX Portfolios
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2019, 09:47:10 AM »
@ balanced fx i wasnt attracted to it. I was asking what people thought of the signal in terms of the strategy being used. As im trying to understand good systems from bad ones. With regards to time this signal only been about 2 months but one of hes other signal has been around for 9 months.  He also has a website www.newagetrading.net but for me websites are only their as well to promote/ sell their business.

Ive learnt also in a small amount of time and good advice from others here to avoid signal providers on simpletrader and signalstart. Which had led me to cancel 2 subscriptions i made to signals because they are not worth it in the long run. As was pointed out hard to find good signals and managers together.

Anyways with this guy it looks like hes using a scalping system. Hes apparently using candel readings and volume readings to open up his positions but not via a grid.
Any other thoughts on the system strategy?

Hi Vik2001,

Thanks for clarifying and I'm sorry for any confusion with my reply.

It is hard to choose a decent signal provider, I know. I was in those shoes several years ago when I first started out. For me personally, my criteria was to find somebody I could at least contact and discuss their trade positions with. That gave me the reassurance that I wasn't wasting my subscription cost each month.

I hope you manage to find something that suits your requirements and I wish you every success with your own trading in future.

All the best,

Dan.

Online vik2001

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2019, 09:50:55 AM »
@balnced fx i wasnt referring to you in my post. But in general i cancelled my subscriptions to copy services on the sites like signal start till i better understand strategies being used. I even went into darwinex with a live account but pulled out later because i didnt fully understand things to be able to break down and disect the strategies used.
Im trying to learn and understand forex signals and strategies because this world is clearly diffetent to equities investing which im more used to.

• Balanced FX Portfolios
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2019, 10:15:57 AM »
@balnced fx i wasnt referring to you in my post. But in general i cancelled my subscriptions to copy services on the sites like signal start till i better understand strategies being used. I even went into darwinex with a live account but pulled out later because i didnt fully understand things to be able to break down and disect the strategies used.
Im trying to learn and understand forex signals and strategies because this world is clearly diffetent to equities investing which im more used to.

There are so many ways to approach the FX markets. I take a more investment type approach, hence using grids. Others swear by strict risk/reward methods. It's all about finding what works for you and it takes a lot of time and commitment.

You'll get there, at least you have started your journey. Keep at it.

Offline gpfwestie

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2019, 10:56:23 AM »
Unfortunately, since OTB messed things up, there has been so much negativity in this forum to anyone offering copy trading services and/or trading with similar strategies.

It's not just OTB, there is a long list of providers here and on Simpletrader forums who promised the world, then crashed and burned. The ones I know about being :-

FX Viper
Steady Capture
Joe Pro

Everyone gets all  suspicious when one blows up. Eventually people forget / new people come along and the next system starts up. It's all terribly predictable  :(

I get the feeling this has been happening for decades. Hopefully Balanced FX doesn't follow this cycle, certainly keeping an eye on it myself - good luck !

• Balanced FX Portfolios
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2019, 11:31:22 AM »
Unfortunately, since OTB messed things up, there has been so much negativity in this forum to anyone offering copy trading services and/or trading with similar strategies.

It's not just OTB, there is a long list of providers here and on Simpletrader forums who promised the world, then crashed and burned. The ones I know about being :-

FX Viper
Steady Capture
Joe Pro

Everyone gets all  suspicious when one blows up. Eventually people forget / new people come along and the next system starts up. It's all terribly predictable  :(

I get the feeling this has been happening for decades. Hopefully Balanced FX doesn't follow this cycle, certainly keeping an eye on it myself - good luck !

Thank you.

The Alpha signal is a direct copy of my personal account, so it's very much in my interest to protect capital. Even though the master account for the signal is only 3000, I do not treat it with any less importance than if it were 10x that size.

The current drawdown situation is frustrating, more so because it coincided with the launch of the signal after a great run over the past few months. But that's just bad luck on the timing and a shame because it makes building a subscriber base that much harder...

Long term growth is the idea and I'm confident that I can achieve that and gain people's trust over time.

All the best,

Dan.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Z Trader FX EA by reinerh
[Today at 07:51:15 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 04:35:38 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 04:30:33 PM]

Re: Z Trader FX EA by rsmereka
[Today at 03:05:01 PM]