collapse

Author Topic: Signal Start  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Fastrack Forex

Re: Signal Start
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2019, 12:09:23 PM »
FX viper was out with ST without crashing. He crashed after he left there on his own.

Steady C cut his loss at the agreed DD level +- a bit.

Other like reborn did crash 100% though he is on his own and only his ST system.

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2019, 12:14:51 PM »
Unfortunately, since OTB messed things up, there has been so much negativity in this forum to anyone offering copy trading services and/or trading with similar strategies.

It's not just OTB, there is a long list of providers here and on Simpletrader forums who promised the world, then crashed and burned. The ones I know about being :-

FX Viper
Steady Capture
Joe Pro

Everyone gets all  suspicious when one blows up. Eventually people forget / new people come along and the next system starts up. It's all terribly predictable  :(

I get the feeling this has been happening for decades. Hopefully Balanced FX doesn't follow this cycle, certainly keeping an eye on it myself - good luck !

I could never understand the appeal of Viper (same high-risk grid scalping 'no stop' system as OTB) just 1-2% month balance profit for regular 20-30% equity DD; but it was heavily marketed as the next best thing with screenshots of his 'professional' set up in Canada and real-life meetings - he was an OTB on steroids!

The warning signs are there...firstly avoid the risky trading practice systems in the first place, and second exit on the first big DD, assuming it recovers! Never use system age as a guide, as we know marti grids can collapse years later. It's all about how they manage risk and how disciplined they are.  MQL5 is the worst graveyard...I have witnessed at least 3* multi-million $ systems wiped out - one of the worst being a DOW grid trader who would only enter longs, and managed to convince his investors that the DOW would always recover, with a huge following..... the site immediately removed the system and so no record is ever kept. Similarly, simpletrader, signal start and Darwinex only promote their 'winning' systems - so it needs a LOT of filtering, monitoring and patience to end up with something you can eventually trust..

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2019, 01:32:18 PM »
Unfortunately, since OTB messed things up, there has been so much negativity in this forum to anyone offering copy trading services and/or trading with similar strategies.

It's not just OTB, there is a long list of providers here and on Simpletrader forums who promised the world, then crashed and burned. The ones I know about being :-

FX Viper
Steady Capture
Joe Pro

Everyone gets all  suspicious when one blows up. Eventually people forget / new people come along and the next system starts up. It's all terribly predictable  :(

I get the feeling this has been happening for decades. Hopefully Balanced FX doesn't follow this cycle, certainly keeping an eye on it myself - good luck !

I could never understand the appeal of Viper (same high-risk grid scalping 'no stop' system as OTB) just 1-2% month balance profit for regular 20-30% equity DD; but it was heavily marketed as the next best thing with screenshots of his 'professional' set up in Canada and real-life meetings - he was an OTB on steroids!

The warning signs are there...firstly avoid the risky trading practice systems in the first place, and second exit on the first big DD, assuming it recovers! Never use system age as a guide, as we know marti grids can collapse years later. It's all about how they manage risk and how disciplined they are.  MQL5 is the worst graveyard...I have witnessed at least 3* multi-million $ systems wiped out - one of the worst being a DOW grid trader who would only enter longs, and managed to convince his investors that the DOW would always recover, with a huge following..... the site immediately removed the system and so no record is ever kept. Similarly, simpletrader, signal start and Darwinex only promote their 'winning' systems - so it needs a LOT of filtering, monitoring and patience to end up with something you can eventually trust..

Viper and his "Mentor" TrustedFx made good money for several of us in his early days with Nick. It was way better than 1-2%/Month and DD was max about 13 % for a long time. Then gradually the market changed and little by little his profits decreased. Fortunately I got out at a good time.

They were the most profitable things I have had in over 10 years in Forex. (Hate to admit this!) But it was just pure luck that my timing was good! Also the stress level was high with DD occasionally lasting a long time.

I have fortunately learned to never again trust such strategies, even if they can be very profitable for some length of time.

Cheers,
Rod

Online gpfwestie

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2019, 01:56:09 PM »
Viper was already closed to new subscribers when I joined the party (late 2016) but I monitored Steady Capture for about 6 months and finally committed and put everything into Nick's Pam (at 2x unfortunately). I was really skeptical, but Nick seemed honest and everyone seemed happy - long history etc.

Sunk most of my redundancy in it, and this is what happened. Thankfully I extracted myself after the first huge drawdown was closed at a loss - hence this account stops when it does.

Pretty depressing, but maybe a warning to others. I actually do trade a grid like system now myself, so maybe I've learnt nothing  :-[  :-\
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 06:00:31 PM by gpfwestie »

Offline Fastrack Forex

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2019, 02:08:43 PM »

FX Viper
Steady Capture
Joe Pro

Viper and his "Mentor" TrustedFx made good money for several of us in his early days with Nick. It was way better than 1-2%/Month and DD was max about 13 % for a long time. Then gradually the market changed and little by little his profits decreased. Fortunately I got out at a good time.

They were the most profitable things I have had in over 10 years in Forex. (Hate to admit this!) But it was just pure luck that my timing was good! Also the stress level was high with DD occasionally lasting a long time.

I have fortunately learned to never again trust such strategies, even if they can be very profitable for some length of time.

Cheers,
Rod

haha Yes Rod. Long history. Anyone remember FX AMP? who actually used to be very good too. Traded the same strategy.

I guess thats why Nick stopped pushing for signal provider or pamm/mam but hired coach to teach.

Thats the right way to earn money for Nick but whether all the students can make it? I doubt so but less stress for Nick.

Offline user456

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2019, 02:25:05 PM »
Problem with Nick was that he had a terrible intuition for picking good and solid traders. Mainly because he was expecting to find the "holy grail" trader that was delivering constant profits (preferably without drawdown), he constantly fell for pray and hold +grid traders. Good for him, that was exactly what most of his visitors were looking for as well  ;D ... so he gained many customers but I would assume only a few actually made money.

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2019, 02:40:14 PM »
Viper was already closed to new subscribers when I joined the party (late 2016) but I monitored Steady Capture for about 6 months and finally committed and put everything into Nick's Pam (at 2x unfortunately). I was really skeptical, but Nick seemed honest and everyone seemed happy - long history etc.

Sunk most of my redundancy in it, and this is what happened.

Viper was already closed to new subscribers when I joined the party (late 2016) but I monitored Steady Capture for about 6 months and finally committed to Nick's Pam (at 2x unfortunately). I was really skeptical, but Nick seemed honest and everyone seemed happy - long history etc.

Sunk most of my redundancy in it, and this is what happened. Thankfully I extracted myself after the first huge drawdown was closed at a loss - hence this account stops when it does.

Pretty depressing, but maybe a warning to others. I actually do trade a grid like system now myself, so maybe I've learnt nothing  :-[  :-\

Wow - great exit - and very useful warning to others!

Online gpfwestie

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2019, 06:21:16 PM »
Well, I could do with the 10K back to be honest  :( but yes, would have been much worse if I had waited.

It still rankles that they took 30% of the profits - but I got to own 100% of the losses. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

Course it happened recently with Neil Woodfood - and those poor buggers can't even withdraw their money.

Online compujock

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2019, 07:07:46 PM »

Cheers,
Rod

Yeah, same story here.  I was in Viper/TrustedFX in the early days when it was quite good and then got out at just the right time.   Like you, I saw how the market changed and was no longer good for his strategy and felt the occasional high DD was just not worth the diminishing returns.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 04:38:19 PM by compujock »

Online SJWkiller

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2019, 07:46:21 PM »
What do people think of this

https://www.signalstart.com/analysis/new-age-trading-turbo-profit/58913     
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/NewAgeTrading/new-age-tradingturbo-profit/3369085   

Vik2001,

Try not to be attracted to all these new signals that appear at the top of the Signal Start rankings with no track record. It is best to set your filters to minimum 6 months track record when searching for a signal. And then it is best to find a provider who is accountable for their actions, rather that one who hides behind various names and cannot be contacted.

I imagine the provider is just running an EA, so rather than pay $75 a month, you may as well setup your own 1:500 leverage account with IC markets and buy a cheap EA, if that's the route you want to go down. I don't suggest doing this.

My view is that if a provider hasn't made the effort to create a website, social media accounts and be accountable for their actions, then avoid. If they are serious about offering legitimate services, that is the least they could do.

Just my opinion, of course. But what I do know is it would be very easy to setup these accounts and scam people and disappear without a trace. Personally, that's not something that I could do, even though it is a quick way of making money.

I completely disagree with this part. Look at OTB. He was/is everywhere, on every forum and platform. Just because someone sets up a website and social media accounts doesnt mean that they are any better than traders who focus on trading. In fact I think its the opposite because they waste too much time trying to promote their trading instead of focusing on their primary job.

That's your opinion and I respect that.

My trading will always be my priority. However, as I have decided to add an additional income stream from my trading activities in the form of copy trading, I think it is absolutely necessary to have a basic web presence, whereby potential clients can converse with me on a one-to-one basis.

Unfortunately, since OTB messed things up, there has been so much negativity in this forum to anyone offering copy trading services and/or trading with similar strategies. The key difference being that some of us stick to our rules and are disciplined with our approach. My signal is experiencing some drawdown at the moment but I am not about to start opening bigger lot size positions in the hope of recovery. I have a plan and I stick to it. In the unfortunate event that the signal takes a loss, we move on and recoup our losses.

I try to limit my contributions to this forum at the moment due to the general mood of negativity towards copy trading service and grid based strategies in general. We're not all OTB, some of us are very disciplined and emotionally stable. What I offer is akin to that of Gary Comey at Blackwave Ltd and I should point out that he trades a manual grid strategy (non-martingale like me) and has been profitable for many years.

Anyway, getting back on topic. I honestly think a web presence is essential for any service offered to the public, and that is what I was trying to point out.

I wish everyone success with their trading efforts.

Best,

Dan.

A manager I was with for a long time had AUM of well over $5M and had no website or social media accounts and was not participating in any forum discussions. All he had was myfxbook and Skype/email for communication. People will always find you if your strategy is good, you dont need to be omnipresent like OTB. What he was doing was extremely offputting and came back to bite him in the ass.

Offline Fastrack Forex

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2019, 08:16:14 AM »
I know a trader that trade around 5 million to 7million. All he has is skype, fx book live and email. He did not bother with website, facebook etc.

However his fx book is impressive with big amt inside.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 08:18:26 AM by Fastrack Forex »

Online gpfwestie

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2019, 09:50:09 AM »
I know a trader that trade around 5 million to 7million. All he has is skype, fx book live and email. He did not bother with website, facebook etc.

Why don't you post the link so we can have a look, I'm sure there are many here who would be interested.

Offline Fastrack Forex

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2019, 10:39:04 AM »
Maybe I pm you after I asked the trader.

Online Penumbra

• My Darwins
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2019, 01:56:16 PM »
People will always find you if your strategy is good, you dont need to be omnipresent s.

True. But if your strategy is good, it doesnt mean, you are to be found among the top 100 hundred of the social trading scam. And that is all that matters to Joe Average with his hard earned 500$ in his damp  fist. So Joe will fall for the same tricks and allures, that cost already his dad and grand-dad a fortune. So losers will fall for losers, what is a kind of tranquilizing market equilibrium.  :)
And btw, from a traders perspective, would you rather trade for 1000 Joes with 500$ accounts and the right to bug you 24/7 about that one bad entry two weeks ago, or for 1 broker with a 500 K$ account, who just sends the quarterly cheque?  ;)

Online compujock

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2019, 04:36:38 PM »

Why don't you post the link so we can have a look, I'm sure there are many here who would be interested.

Maybe I pm you after I asked the trader.

I would be interested to take a look at this one too.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Archer Asset Management by HFT Group
[Yesterday at 11:01:37 PM]

Re: Pegasus FX by Pegasus FX
[Yesterday at 10:16:06 PM]

Re: Your education? by Penumbra
[Yesterday at 08:13:16 PM]

Re: Good uk broker? by Penumbra
[Yesterday at 07:57:54 PM]

Re: Good uk broker? by Balanced FX Portfolios
[Yesterday at 07:40:22 PM]