collapse

Author Topic: Collective 2  (Read 590 times)

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Collective 2
« on: March 13, 2019, 04:45:50 AM »
Rarely would I consider a C2 forex system - the site is rife with grids/marti/scalpers etc; BUT this one shows early promise - with very low risk per trade per date, high win rate with max pip trade DD at around 60  /-0.81% and no trade loss greater than 1%. Open trades can be 3-4 and there may be some correlation. Note this system also only appears to trade EUR CAD AUD NZD CAD CHF USD  - also the currencies with the highest margin rates through IKBR @ 33:1. One to watch!!

https://collective2.com/details/122744880

Offline reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: Collective 2
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 04:55:26 AM »
Rarely would I consider a C2 forex system - the site is rife with grids/marti/scalpers etc; BUT this one shows early promise - with very low risk per trade per date, high win rate with max pip trade DD at around 60  /-0.81% and no trade loss greater than 1%. Open trades can be 3-4 and there may be some correlation. Note this system also only appears to trade EUR CAD AUD NZD CAD CHF USD  - also the currencies with the highest margin rates through IKBR @ 33:1. One to watch!!

its extremely young but so far looks mighty impressive.

a little hard to analyse, have only been to their site twice.

like running dd i cant figure out, shows 1.7% and that seems mighty low to me.

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 05:43:52 AM »

its extremely young but so far looks mighty impressive.

a little hard to analyse, have only been to their site twice.

like running dd i cant figure out, shows 1.7% and that seems mighty low to me.

..just download the system's CSV file ( convert and save to XL) which gives the open DD in $ and %, as well as max open DD price....very useful feature with C2...attached (note amounts are in mini lots).

..and system description from their website - note C2 systems have a reputation for not following the rules and you must give them time to prove/fail....

The strategy is designed to trade breakouts. It combines fundamental and technical analysis. We trade our own system, which we developed over the past ten years.

Additional details of the strategy are as follows:
- 1 to 4 open positions at any given time
- Protective stops of -52 pips maximum on all trades
- 23 to 102 pips profits per trade
- 10 to 20 trades per week for a total of approximately 60 per month
- Positions held for 1 to 2 days on average

Summary Statistics:

Strategy began 2019-03-01
Suggested Minimum Capital $10,000
# Trades 17
# Profitable 16
% Profitable 94.1%
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 07:01:03 AM by petersurrey »

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 07:19:08 AM »

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 09:33:39 AM »
Needs more history to see if they really stick to the maximum 52 pip stop and how often it will be hit longer term. Seems hard to get (and keep) such an impressive win rate with a 52 pip stop.

In fact on the ZuluTrade page I see one trade that was at 66.4 pips drawdown.

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 10:20:56 AM »
Needs more history to see if they really stick to the maximum 52 pip stop and how often it will be hit longer term. Seems hard to get (and keep) such an impressive win rate with a 52 pip stop.

In fact on the ZuluTrade page I see one trade that was at 66.4 pips drawdown.

agreed much more history required... he does manage to squeeze the most out of each trade looking at those high/low trade values ..and if you allow for the usual 3 pip zulu/broker/commission/fee/slippage factor, some winners would end up as losses...

Offline reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 05:36:37 PM »
i sure like outbreak = the underlying principle, so will see how this pans out.

it did not really trade the pairs which had good moves lately which i am surprised.

in 6 months its worth another look.

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 06:39:51 AM »
OK FXpips daily didn't get off to a good start on C2, but how about this one  - 'it's forex time' -with a 3 month live IBKR broker track record - don't look too closely at the individual trades ( which average over 40 pips), but how smooth the equity curve is for a system with an average of 7 open positions or 20-30 lots! Yes it holds trades for a long time ( max around 2 months) but some of those turned out to be big winners as well....and he trades his own system on IKBR!

https://collective2.com/details/121623151

« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 08:38:48 AM by petersurrey »

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 08:37:42 AM »
fxpipsdaily new links below, and renamed fxpips monthly on C2...if anyone is still interested..made a decent recovery after the last loss....

https://us.zulutrade.com/trader/382846

https://collective2.com/details/123044559

he appears to be sticking to max 60 pips or thereabouts SL and nice March results)

Offline F1Maniac

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 01:24:02 PM »
so today I finally managed to complete by setup with IB and funded it. So i was keen to checkout the autotrade and how it works. Had one of the ETF traders provide https://collective2.com/details/122180956 free trial so went on subscribe to autotrade for $49/month. Then next page to link brokers... and IB is not on the list.

this is despite IB being their top broker for trading stocks, options, futures and forex. how ridic is that? they paywall before you can link your broker and then not give you an option to link the broker that they list as supported.

i also had to tell them about Halifax broker they had listed on their "Supported broker" that was bust and in VA... I've now requested for my money back for autotrader and i would highly recommend everyone stay well clear of this mob as I find them collective 2 hopeless & useless

keen to hear other people's thoughts who've used their service.

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 01:57:37 AM »
so today I finally managed to complete by setup with IB and funded it. So i was keen to checkout the autotrade and how it works. Had one of the ETF traders provide https://collective2.com/details/122180956 free trial so went on subscribe to autotrade for $49/month. Then next page to link brokers... and IB is not on the list.

this is despite IB being their top broker for trading stocks, options, futures and forex. how ridic is that? they paywall before you can link your broker and then not give you an option to link the broker that they list as supported.

i also had to tell them about Halifax broker they had listed on their "Supported broker" that was bust and in VA... I've now requested for my money back for autotrader and i would highly recommend everyone stay well clear of this mob as I find them collective 2 hopeless & useless

keen to hear other people's thoughts who've used their service.

I have an IB ( or IBKR) UK account and have never had any issues with connecting with C2 autotrade, and it should have been listed as one of the options once you had signed up with ETF. Drop them an email  - they always respond within a day and hopefully that will sort it.

Overall I find C2 a very antiquated and awkward site - it has three methods of working out 'popular systems';  'leader board', the 'grid' to actually manually scrolling through each traders live result records to see how many are autotrading - probably the most reliable. If you filter for systems that have survived 12 months the equity curves are usually pretty unattractive; BUT having said all that there are a few which have survived and if you can tolerate higher DD you know the records are genuine and the site is not a scam!

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 02:02:38 AM »
Very nice stats on that ETF fund - providing he can keep it up;) I usually simulate for the max time allowed before adding real funds...good luck!

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2019, 03:36:06 AM »
One possible reason is that IB UK do not allow trading of some leveraged US stock funds...maybe the reason..

browse forum