collapse

Author Topic: Darwins  (Read 17102 times)

Offline SJWkiller

Re: Darwins
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2019, 09:14:50 AM »
Yeah, BUX is the case study for Darwinex. They should learn from it and improve their algos. That was a giant fail on their part. I actually spoke to their support about it and they told me that the numbers were correctly calculated. After it blew up their excuse was simply "it happens". Its hard to trust thier metrics after that and the best way to evaluate their strategies is to more or less ignore them and do the research yourself.

Offline Westie

« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2019, 11:16:25 AM »
Its hard to trust thier metrics after that and the best way to evaluate their strategies is to more or less ignore them and do the research yourself.

Except you can't analyse the strategy as the trades are hidden from you.

My own conclusion mirrors your own, after 12 months trying to get darwinex to work I bailed on it. Bit of a waste of time, as I spent numerous hours trying to understand the metrics.

You could sink your whole life into reviewing Darwins, and learning the metrics - and for what ? to invest in systems like bux ?

Offline vik2001

« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2019, 11:30:23 AM »
Its hard to trust thier metrics after that and the best way to evaluate their strategies is to more or less ignore them and do the research yourself.

My own conclusion mirrors your own, after 12 months trying to get darwinex to work I bailed on it. Bit of a waste of time, as I spent numerous hours trying to understand the metrics.

You could sink your whole life into reviewing Darwins, and learning the metrics - and for what ? to invest in systems like bux ?

In the short term i invested in darwinex with a live account i pulled out because i couldnt make sense of all the metrics. One metric would look ok and another would confuse you and think maybe you got yr judgment all wrong. The worst thing being you cant see what is being traded so why would you invest? I wanna see if im Investing in something like a equity fund or signal what is being traded. If not im investing into it blind.

Plus not been able to see any investor in their community who has been able to make constant profits in the long term. They all turn into loosers at the end from what i could see. Thats not to say they arent good darwins. Hfd looks fantastic on several metrics.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 11:52:29 AM by vik2001 »

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2019, 11:36:20 AM »

Well I always start looking at the 'underlying system' by clicking on the system name - that reveals a lot as with BUX. I also review the trades under 'assets and timeframes'  - scroll down to the very bottom, select the last three months and that tells you a lot about how much risk the trader is taking to profit and how much each trade runs into loss before making a profit etc - quite revealing. However, the site can easily fooled by fake track records as with SCS, so the  best option is to monitor track record post-migration, keeping a close eye on the underlying strategy to make sure Darwinex isn't 'hiding' a very high-risk system

Offline Penumbra

« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2019, 06:44:12 PM »
I love Darwinex, as they are very fair and hard working guys, who offer great service for traders and investors.

All their metrics work with hindsight, what else, so things can turn really nasty for my investors,  if I start sniffing glue next week, despite my excellent scores.
Maybe the danger of Darwinex is that investors think they have more safety and control, then somewhere else. If you cant tell a bad from a good strategy, Darwinex wont help you.
But thats not their fault.

Offline nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2019, 08:43:30 PM »
I love Darwinex, as they are very fair and hard working guys, who offer great service for traders and investors.

All their metrics work with hindsight, what else, so things can turn really nasty for my investors,  if I start sniffing glue next week, despite my excellent scores.
Maybe the danger of Darwinex is that investors think they have more safety and control, then somewhere else. If you cant tell a bad from a good strategy, Darwinex wont help you.
But thats not their fault.

Actually Darwinex's Risk Manager greatly helped Clients of BUX (OTB) during his recent huge DD. If memory serves BUX DD was a third or a quarter of the underlying strategy.

Cheers,
Rod

Offline Penumbra

« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2019, 10:22:22 PM »

Actually Darwinex's Risk Manager greatly helped Clients of BUX (OTB) during his recent huge DD. If memory serves BUX DD was a third or a quarter of the underlying strategy.

Cheers,
Rod

Yes, the risk manager helped them, but couldnt save them from not picking a imho kind of suboptimal Darwin.
So you can leave your head on, but bleed to death by tiny stitches.
The outcome is the same. What is won by that?

If you pick the right strategy, you need no risk manager, or it even distorts a great strategy.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[Today at 08:38:43 AM]

Re: ForexGBPAvenger by bestscalper
[Today at 03:47:00 AM]

Re: Automated Trading System on TRUMP Symbol by compujock
[Yesterday at 10:26:40 PM]

Re: Frero system by compujock
[Yesterday at 10:23:50 PM]

Re: Frero system by Nasdaq100
[Yesterday at 06:55:37 PM]