collapse

Author Topic: Smart Grid Challenge [via mql5]  (Read 4567 times)

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
Smart Grid Challenge [via mql5]
« on: April 29, 2019, 04:41:35 PM »
Dear friends, Many users know me by some other products. Unfortunately, the market is unstable and low volatility last few years. It's a big challenge to me get stable profit ever at this situation. I have always been opponent using grids and martingale - they can crash your account in a few days and most users cannot control risks. But maybe it is possible to make safe grid? I sure, I did it! Smart Grid Challenge is a safe grid system and a new challenge for me!

Smart Grid Challenge, unlike another grid systems:
1. Don't use a martingale - it's always use fix lot, so Smart Grid Challenge never crash your account in a few days and never build. It's not a crazy monkey - system will never open a grid  with the crazy lot size;
2. System have a fix Stop Loss size for all presets, which will protect your account;
3. Now Smart Grid Challengee support 16 pairs - it's reduce a chance of overfitting:

AUDCAD, AUDCHF, AUDJPY, AUDNZD, CADCHF, CADJPY, CHFJPY, EURCAD, EURJPY, EURNZD, EURUSD, NZDCAD, NZDCHF, NZDUSD, USDCAD, USDJPY

For all pairs system have a stable perfomance since 2003-2006 year. You can download all backtests (Dukascopy tick data with the variable spread) at attachments.

Here are system portfolio:

Here are Myfxbook monitoring:

You can get moree info at Smart Grid Challenge page at mql5 market: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/37849

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: Smart Grid Challenge [via mql5]
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 06:38:19 PM »
Hello Ivan, looks interesting. What is the performance like before 2003-2006? Any idea why it is worse?

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 07:26:08 PM »
Hello Ivan, looks interesting. What is the performance like before 2003-2006? Any idea why it is worse?

Perfomance is the same. I have maken backtest since 2006 because a lot of pairs don't have a tick data before, so the Portfolio isn't correct. I am making public backtests since 2006-2007 for all EA's.

You can make your backtest for period before 2006 and you will see, that peerfomance if a good too ;)

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 07:48:21 PM »
OK. I assumed it would not be so great, because you said "For all pairs system have a stable perfomance since 2003-2006 year."

Did you test any pairs where it crashed completely?

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 08:06:32 PM »
OK. I assumed it would not be so great, because you said "For all pairs system have a stable perfomance since 2003-2006 year."

When i Said: 2003-2006 i mean all available Dukascopy history ;)

There were no any pairs, when system have been crashed fully. Worst results 2-4 SL, so I haven't added them to Portfolio.

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 09:00:52 PM »

There were no any pairs, when system have been crashed fully. Worst results 2-4 SL, so I haven't added them to Portfolio.
OK. I must say it looks pretty impressive. I tried making something like this and never got quite as far as this.

The SL is 1000?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 09:08:49 PM by FLechdrop »

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 09:07:28 PM »

OK. I must say it looks pretty inpressive. I tried making something like this and never got quite as far as this.

The SL is 1000?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yes, I know - it's impressive ;)

SL is a different for eeach pair. From 800 to 1400.

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 09:48:18 PM »
Dear friends, Many users know me by some other products. Unfortunately, the market is unstable and low volatility last few years. It's a big challenge to me get stable profit ever at this situation. I have always been opponent using grids and martingale - they can crash your account in a few days and most users cannot control risks. But maybe it is possible to make safe grid? I sure, I did it! Smart Grid Challenge is a safe grid system and a new challenge for me!

Smart Grid Challenge, unlike another grid systems:
1. Don't use a martingale - it's always use fix lot, so Smart Grid Challenge never crash your account in a few days and never build. It's not a crazy monkey - system will never open a grid  with the crazy lot size;
2. System have a fix Stop Loss size for all presets, which will protect your account;
3. Now Smart Grid Challengee support 16 pairs - it's reduce a chance of overfitting:

AUDCAD, AUDCHF, AUDJPY, AUDNZD, CADCHF, CADJPY, CHFJPY, EURCAD, EURJPY, EURNZD, EURUSD, NZDCAD, NZDCHF, NZDUSD, USDCAD, USDJPY

For all pairs system have a stable perfomance since 2003-2006 year. You can download all backtests (Dukascopy tick data with the variable spread) at attachments.

Here are system portfolio:

Here are Myfxbook monitoring:

You can get moree info at Smart Grid Challenge page at mql5 market: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/37849

I am happy to announce that ivanvp, was kind enough to send me his Smart Grid Challenge EA, so I can run it in my test account, along with the other three EA's currently running. If you look at the analysis page, under magic numbers, you will see his EA listed as SGC.

Although Grids and Martingales are taboo for most traders, there is hope in the mathematics if you can crack the code.. with a little bit of intervention, here and there. ;)

Best of luck, ivanvp. I know you have worked hard on this project and look forward to your success.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline donbon2

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 10:49:07 PM »
it is so funny how things have gone from Scalpers to Momentum/Breakout to Grid over the last 9 months - it is at least good that people are recognizing the market change - yet frustrating that we have to admit defeat with the older strategies - simply because otherwise the DD just gets too high to sit there and do nothing

good luck with this

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 10:53:17 PM »
it is so funny how things have gone from Scalpers to Momentum/Breakout to Grid over the last 9 months - it is at least good that people are recognizing the market change - yet frustrating that we have to admit defeat with the older strategies - simply because otherwise the DD just gets too high to sit there and do nothing

good luck with this

With the scalpers main problems is a analyzing of a backtest results. We can do nothing with it, so I decided to stop develop it. I am continuing to worrk undeer creation and moderation of Price Action system, but theree are no any moves and impulses for a long time. We cannot make profit with the PA systems at the flat.

So I am looking for another instruments which can make money at any market.

Offline ross80

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 01:53:45 PM »
I wanted to check myfxbook account of the robot but when I went there I found out that the opened trades are closed. It will be great if the developer can show "open trades".

thank you in advance.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 11:53:37 PM »
I wanted to check myfxbook account of the robot but when I went there I found out that the opened trades are closed. It will be great if the developer can show "open trades".

thank you in advance.

Check it now :)

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 01:13:10 PM »
Smart Grid Challenge continues to quietly make a profit. Secure system without increasing the lot size - all trades are fixed lot size. Do not worry about the safety of your funds!

Product page: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/37849

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 01:56:23 PM »
Smart Grid Challenge continues to quietly make a profit. Secure system without increasing the lot size - all trades are fixed lot size. Do not worry about the safety of your funds!

hmmm don't you mean loss?! The current equity level ( ie how much money you have at this point in time) is nearly 7% lower than balance, and I am currently looking at 2 pages (50 trades per page?) of open trades on MQL5 :o It is so easy to fall in love with grids when the balance continues to grow, but ignoring equity is fatal longer term...my own view is that all systems should be forced to publish only equity curves as found with collective2.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 01:59:50 PM by petersurrey »

Offline HFT Group

• HFT Group Forex Rebates
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2019, 02:22:14 PM »

Will you withdraw your demo profit from your demo account?  ::)

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[Today at 07:11:52 AM]

Re: forex cyborg by petersurrey
[Today at 03:59:25 AM]

Re: Harmonics Trader EA by petersurrey
[Today at 03:56:35 AM]

Re: difference between demo and real account by petersurrey
[Today at 01:53:16 AM]

Re: difference between demo and real account by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 09:08:22 PM]

Re: Harmonics Trader EA by taru
[Yesterday at 07:07:23 PM]

Re: forex cyborg by Ruairi OPleurisy
[Yesterday at 05:50:15 PM]

Re: forex cyborg by laracroft
[Yesterday at 05:20:12 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 05:19:37 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by oportunis
[Yesterday at 03:38:15 PM]