collapse

Author Topic: Smart Grid Challenge [via mql5]  (Read 4536 times)

Offline canis

Re: Smart Grid Challenge [via mql5]
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 04:21:00 AM »
EA can run all pairs from one chart (One Chart Mode)?

Is there an option in the EA not to open new deals, but to manage current open deals for closing (stoping EA)?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 04:33:34 AM by canis »
English is not my native language

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 04:15:20 PM »

Is there an option in the EA not to open new deals, but to manage current open deals for closing (stoping EA)?

1. No. It's unreal tto make OneChartMode for this EA - it will overload terminal. This mode neeed a lot of CPU resources. I am making OneChartMode only for Price Action systems, whiich are working at Bars Open. MT4 is a 32 biit system, so it a veery slow and work only at 1 CPU;

2. You can stop EA manually at the settings and then manage all trades;

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 04:17:59 PM »
Smart Grid Challenge continues to quietly make a profit. Secure system without increasing the lot size - all trades are fixed lot size. Do not worry about the safety of your funds!

Product page: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/37849

Will you withdraw your demo profit from your demo account?  ::)

In a few weeks will be opened 2 Real accounts for EA. Now I cannot do it. Last month I have opened Live monitorings for 4 EA's:
- Apogeum Price Action;
- Apogeum Hedging;
- Apogeum Conservative;
- Momentum Classic.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2019, 04:23:13 PM »
Smart Grid Challenge continues to quietly make a profit. Secure system without increasing the lot size - all trades are fixed lot size. Do not worry about the safety of your funds!

hmmm don't you mean loss?! The current equity level ( ie how much money you have at this point in time) is nearly 7% lower than balance, and I am currently looking at 2 pages (50 trades per page?) of open trades on MQL5 :o It is so easy to fall in love with grids when the balance continues to grow, but ignoring equity is fatal longer term...my own view is that all systems should be forced to publish only equity curves as found with collective2.

7% isn't a big DD for this kind op systems. Now are opened trades for 16 pairs! So there are no any problems. Actually the DD for each pair isn't bigger then 1%. You should remember:

Smart Grid Challengee don't use martingale (lotsize increase), so it's much more safe! Another Grid's, which are using martingale, with this number of trades and grid size will have a big problems (like Grid King now, wheere author try manually fix crazy DD)...

Offline canis

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2019, 09:49:23 AM »

1. No. It's unreal tto make OneChartMode for this EA - it will overload terminal. This mode neeed a lot of CPU resources. I am making OneChartMode only for Price Action systems, whiich are working at Bars Open. MT4 is a 32 biit system, so it a veery slow and work only at 1 CPU;

1. Oh no. In GridKing on 29 currency pairs, it works without overload a processor.
2. It is very uncomfortable. In GridKing, this feature is implemented.

You yourself mentioned GridKing...(-:
You are at the very beginning of the road ... Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 10:30:15 AM by canis »

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2019, 12:10:59 PM »

1. Oh no. In GridKing on 29 currency pairs, it works without overload a processor.

You should understand: if thee system work at each tick or if it is work at Bars - results will be different, OneChartMode for the tick system will overload server. I can impleement OneChartMode, but this kind of EA really don't need it and results will be worst. I am using OneChart for Price Action systems (Apogeum Price Action, Conservative and Hedging). For me isn't a problem to implement OneChart, but I want to make better for users.

I think, I will add OneChart in new version, but I will not recommeend it to use.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 01:17:32 PM by ivanvp »

Offline canis

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2019, 03:13:17 PM »

You should understand: if thee system work at each tick or if it is work at Bars - results will be different, OneChartMode for the tick system will overload server. I can impleement OneChartMode, but this kind of EA really don't need it and results will be worst. I am using OneChart for Price Action systems (Apogeum Price Action, Conservative and Hedging). For me isn't a problem to implement OneChart, but I want to make better for users.

I think, I will add OneChart in new version, but I will not recommeend it to use.

Fine. Add also the advisor stop function. Good luck!

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2019, 03:22:57 PM »

Offline atomico

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2019, 03:52:42 PM »
good morning Ivan,

i have download your setfiles from mql and executed some backtest with TDS2 on EURUSD, starting capital 5000 EURO, chart M30 and period from 2003 to 2006 and 2005 to 2007...

please, see the attached image, i obtain really strange result... first test have BIG LOSS at the end of 2005...
on second test the LOSS is not present (start from 2005)

why these result? what is wrong?

best regard

Offline canis

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2019, 04:29:23 PM »

Funny. I talked about the prohibition to put up new positions, but to accompany an open basket of orders before closing at a profit.

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2019, 06:24:52 AM »

hmmm don't you mean loss?! The current equity level ( ie how much money you have at this point in time) is nearly 7% lower than balance, and I am currently looking at 2 pages (50 trades per page?) of open trades on MQL5 :o It is so easy to fall in love with grids when the balance continues to grow, but ignoring equity is fatal longer term...my own view is that all systems should be forced to publish only equity curves as found with collective2.

7% isn't a big DD for this kind op systems. Now are opened trades for 16 pairs! So there are no any problems. Actually the DD for each pair isn't bigger then 1%. You should remember:

Smart Grid Challengee don't use martingale (lotsize increase), so it's much more safe! Another Grid's, which are using martingale, with this number of trades and grid size will have a big problems (like Grid King now, wheere author try manually fix crazy DD)...

Thanks - but my point being the system is in loss, not profit - you can't use a positive balance to hide an open account equity loss in the hope they will all eventually close in profit.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 06:49:21 AM by petersurrey »

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2019, 01:59:23 PM »
good morning Ivan,

i have download your setfiles from mql and executed some backtest with TDS2 on EURUSD, starting capital 5000 EURO, chart M30 and period from 2003 to 2006 and 2005 to 2007...

please, see the attached image, i obtain really strange result... first test have BIG LOSS at the end of 2005...
on second test the LOSS is not present (start from 2005)

why these result? what is wrong?

best regard

Hello, this is really strange. Are you using the latest version of TDS2? One of the reasons is an error during testing, which was observed in versions 2.25-2.29. However, in any case, the results are strange.

It also follows that with such systems all trades are interrelated. But soon will be update and I am sure it will be fixed ;)

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2019, 02:07:58 PM »

Are you know what is inside the code? Grid King is working by ticks or by Bars? For the systems which are working by Bars there are no any big problems with the OneChartMode. But when you are using tick based systems, expert repeat all cicle "for/while" each tick and in each cicle there are a lot of calculations.

I have a lot of OneChart EA's (Apogeum Price Action and Conservative, Momentum Classic, Evolution Price Action) and they are the same problem: in a OneChartMode worst results. Also I had the same problem with the SFE and Momentum: at OneChartMode some trades are different...

I'm not the first day engaged in the development of experts and I know "what's inside." First of all, this mode, in my opinion, and many traders, for the lazy and for those who do not care about the final result - the main thing is to start work faster and spend a few minutes on installation.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2019, 02:09:04 PM »

Funny. I talked about the prohibition to put up new positions, but to accompany an open basket of orders before closing at a profit.

Now I am understading what do you mean...

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2019, 02:12:26 PM »

Thanks - but my point being the system is in loss, not profit - you can't use a positive balance to hide an open account equity loss in the hope they will all eventually close in profit.

It's a Grid systm and it will always have negative equity. t's accumulate trades before close them: more trades in grid - biggest profit.I don’t hide equity - I’m just showing a profit chart, and monitoring is above, where you can see detailed information with account for floating drawdown.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Personal business by plamar
[Yesterday at 10:46:42 PM]

Re: Frero system by plamar
[Yesterday at 10:42:24 PM]

Re: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading by plamar
[Yesterday at 10:32:58 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 09:20:25 PM]

Re: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading by Skretcher
[Yesterday at 05:24:28 PM]