collapse

Author Topic: Automated Trading System on TRUMP Symbol  (Read 1718 times)

Offline lohft

Re: Automated Trading System on TRUMP Symbol
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 10:21:07 PM »
Hello, Mike 41!

It seems I understood the idea and guessed the secret of machine learning, based on the fact that the ratings of countries and presidents correlate with forex.

For example, I added modules for Merkel and Macron to the calculation module of your Trump EA and now I know how and seems I can create a grail for the EURUSD.

Congratulations - it's great!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:28:40 PM by lohft »

Offline compujock

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 08:42:37 PM »
Hmm...  Good idea!  We should work on making an EA that's tied to Trump's Twitter account.  Many of his tweets do seem to move the market, and sometimes in a big way.  The hard part will be making the EA smart enough to decide which way the market will move based on the content of the tweet.  Maybe with some rudimentary artificial intelligence, the EA can pick out "key words".  Or we can just make it like a news trading EA where it takes out 2 pending trades in each direction a certain number of pips away from price and then closes the one that doesn't get hit.  Or closes both if nothing happens within a short time.

Offline Westie

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 05:52:58 PM »
Hmm...  Good idea!  We should work on making an EA that's tied to Trump's Twitter account.  Many of his tweets do seem to move the market, and sometimes in a big way.  The hard part will be making the EA smart enough to decide which way the market will move based on the content of the tweet.  Maybe with some rudimentary artificial intelligence, the EA can pick out "key words".  Or we can just make it like a news trading EA where it takes out 2 pending trades in each direction a certain number of pips away from price and then closes the one that doesn't get hit.  Or closes both if nothing happens within a short time.

And as with all News trading you will never win.

The Quants will know and re-act to the news before your EA can even place a trade.

Also what the heck is the Trump signal, some kind of weird derivative ?

Offline lohft

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 09:20:20 PM »
Also what the heck is the Trump signal, some kind of weird derivative ?

Let's leave the Trump president as symbol alone

I can adapt the Trump EA to trading on familiar symbol such as EURUSD

I wrote above

Offline Gyles

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 10:47:32 AM »
Compujock, excellent idea. I will vote for an EA tied to Trumps Twitter account. I am almost convinced that every tweet EA should immediately short USD position. It would be one very successful EA on a long run. What do you think?

Offline compujock

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2019, 10:26:40 PM »
Compujock, excellent idea. I will vote for an EA tied to Trumps Twitter account. I am almost convinced that every tweet EA should immediately short USD position. It would be one very successful EA on a long run. What do you think?

Yes, I think it would beat most if not all other EA's!   :)

browse forum

* Recent Posts