collapse

Author Topic: Blackwave Pacific  (Read 3135 times)

Offline 5ninefish

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Blackwave Pacific
« on: June 27, 2019, 06:02:56 PM »
After the debacle with OTB this week, I am now second guessing everything. I've been following this Blackwave Pacific signal without issue for a while, but it looks like I cannot trust my own judgement anymore. This guy seems to have been around for a couple of years, but now I'm wondering why nobody else has mentioned it yet. Or maybe they have, and I missed it. Either way, if anybody thinks I'm steaming towards another iceberg, I'd appreciate some thoughts.

https://www.myfxbook.com/en/members/Lazard/blackwave-pacific/1364641

Offline Fastrack Forex

Re: Blackwave Pacific
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 06:37:42 AM »
Grid will only work when the signal provider CUT when things go against them.

Higher the DD, harder to recover.

however this guy is a much better trader than outsidethebox HK by at least 100 times.

sidewalk-star

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 08:49:52 AM »
After the debacle with OTB this week, I am now second guessing everything. I've been following this Blackwave Pacific signal without issue for a while, but it looks like I cannot trust my own judgement anymore. This guy seems to have been around for a couple of years, but now I'm wondering why nobody else has mentioned it yet. Or maybe they have, and I missed it. Either way, if anybody thinks I'm steaming towards another iceberg, I'd appreciate some thoughts.

https://www.myfxbook.com/en/members/Lazard/blackwave-pacific/1364641

I have copied Gary Comey's Blackwave Australia / Alpine in the past on one of my personal accounts. He is one of the good guys and has a very good track record. He is also very communicative on social media.

He trades very much the same strategy that I trade, although I'm sure we both have a slightly different approach. We both use manual grid strategies but no Martingale... and certainly no silly lot sizing to try and recover when things go against us!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:01:49 AM by Balanced FX Portfolios »

sidewalk-star

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 08:56:18 AM »
Grid will only work when the signal provider CUT when things go against them.

Higher the DD, harder to recover.

however this guy is a much better trader than outsidethebox HK by at least 100 times.

Absolutely agree, Blackwave California/Pacific/Alpine are arguably some of the best grid-based signals available. Gary has a good history of recovering from with drawdowns, as he is experiencing right now with GBPCHF.

I have no problem in admitting I learned quite a lot from him in terms of how to manage my own trading during drawdown periods.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:45:31 AM by Balanced FX Portfolios »

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• PAMM Fund Manager and Trade Copy Provider
  • Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!
    • Signal Start
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 11:57:08 AM »
Yes I definitely admit this system is superior to my own, and I always hope to learn from others just as I know you do.
Kindly, notice that his drawdown has reached over 40% at least 3 times.  Hmmm.  And I just had a 60% loss after stellar returns for one whole year greater than that loss.  So what's the big difference?
He's got great stats, yes.  So I'd actually invest with him myself as long as the monthly fee is under $79.
But he also has prolonged periods of DD.
--------------------------------------------------
Copy or Invest in my Strategy

SignalStart
SimpleTrader

----------------------------------------------------
Follow Outside the Box HK on

Instagram
TRADINGVIEW

Offline peeper

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 12:08:42 AM »
Hi everyone,
Has there ever been a partial closure on any of his trades before?
Thanks in advance.

Online alaali

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 01:20:59 PM »
Anyone here tried this system? I am looking at it and it look good comparing to what we had here in the forum.

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 02:47:42 PM »
Anyone here tried this system? I am looking at it and it look good comparing to what we had here in the forum.

One of the very few systems with a 3 year verified profitable track record....the hardest decision for the investor being whether to use signalstart or MQL5 :)

Online alaali

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 02:56:36 PM »
They offer MAM in ICMarkets but min is $10k. I was thinking should I through that money in that MAM or just keep it using some other scalping EAs and other services.

around 5% monthly is something good.

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 03:16:21 PM »
Looks like something that might blow up at some point, but so far it hasn't and so it might keep running fine for a while. It has had 50% DD before, so that might happen again. I mean, don't think this is the perfect system. But it looks like something that could make you some money for a couple of months, if you are willing to take the risk.

Offline 5ninefish

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2019, 03:31:39 PM »
I've been in this for nearly a year with Oanda (not the greatest broker), and I'm up 37%. Now my personal hard stops are at breakeven. The guy who runs this is pretty active on social media, and he's easy to contact and chat with.

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2019, 03:38:06 PM »
They offer MAM in ICMarkets but min is $10k. I was thinking should I through that money in that MAM or just keep it using some other scalping EAs and other services.

You can trade any account size via MQL5 or signalstart BUT be careful to adjust lot sizes to avoid excess DD!

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2019, 03:45:15 PM »
Looks like something that might blow up at some point, but so far it hasn't and so it might keep running fine for a while. It has had 50% DD before, so that might happen again. I mean, don't think this is the perfect system. But it looks like something that could make you some money for a couple of months, if you are willing to take the risk.

The only pointers you have which suggests a system may fail or not is how long the system has been trading and how it recovers from a previous DD - both of which this system has managed to date.  He has also removed the more volatile pairs after the last DD. This is slightly different from the usual grid, as it uses key S/R entry levels and builds small positions around these. This is not to say 50%+DD will not occur at some point but find another profitable 3-year-old system with 100% annual returns:)

Offline 5ninefish

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2019, 03:46:44 PM »

You can trade any account size via MQL5 or signalstart BUT be careful to adjust lot sizes to avoid excess DD!

The signal is only $20 on MQL5, but I agree. Pay attention to your lot sizes!

Online vik2001

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2019, 04:05:09 PM »
for pacific lot sizes are 0.01 per $1700
and for alpine 0.01 per $1000

you cant specify fixed lots in mql5, the system does it automatically so you dont need to,  but you can specify in signalstart, if you dont it calculates automatically. well it does for me :)

a large DD can easily happen again here as it is a higher risk grid, but its well managed because of the lot sizes used as Peter has also said. 
he has also demonstrated the ability to get out of DD.   In the past his huge DD occured because he traded exotic pairs, something which hes not done again. If you exclude that his peak DD is around 27%

also it will not blow up because the trader said he has a cut of point, for Pacific it is 30% DD and Alpine is 50% DD.    If anything he will not want to totally blow his account which he has compounded into millions over the years.  Its also a fine example to show how compounding has worked over the years in a system, and has a proven track record averaging 4-8% per month. 

Im a happy follower, he will give you 1 or 2 big heart attacks in a year and several smaller ones, but he always seems to come good lol :)
its hard to find any decent systems running with a proven track record over 3 years but this is one of them.  the other thing i like is the amount he has invested himself as a trader in his own system, which gives me confidence.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 04:31:51 PM by vik2001 »

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[Today at 07:35:16 AM]

Re: How can I learn Forex? by fxopen78
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by FLechdrop
[Yesterday at 02:47:29 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 01:59:24 PM]

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills