collapse

Author Topic: economic news in MT5  (Read 541 times)

Offline Astronautas

economic news in MT5
« on: August 23, 2019, 09:36:15 PM »
Very specific concern I have.

Ao, as I perceive, broker (broker's server) obtains economic news not exactly on announcing time. Let's say non farm payrolls announced 15:30:00:000 in USA, but broker's server is in London. Information should go long way throught all the Atlantic from USA to England. Even more longer time is needed to reach from broker's server to trader's MT5 (I concern MT4 obsolete allready).  So, is it possible to see somewhere in MT5 platform times information get in server and in platform?

Offline drunkfx

Re: economic news in MT5
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 03:50:49 PM »
Very specific concern I have.

Ao, as I perceive, broker (broker's server) obtains economic news not exactly on announcing time. Let's say non farm payrolls announced 15:30:00:000 in USA, but broker's server is in London. Information should go long way throught all the Atlantic from USA to England. Even more longer time is needed to reach from broker's server to trader's MT5 (I concern MT4 obsolete allready).  So, is it possible to see somewhere in MT5 platform times information get in server and in platform?

You will still need some time to read the announcement in the platform, no? It will take much longer time than, probably a couple of seconds

Offline y5nitro

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 02:10:39 PM »
It probably means that your broker is taking news from somewhere (i.e. Reuters, Bloomberg) and uploading it to the platform. This is why you might experience delays, but they should not be longer than several seconds. I think that you might disuses your issue with your broker

Offline Astronautas

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 09:23:53 PM »
It probably means that your broker is taking news from somewhere (i.e. Reuters, Bloomberg) and uploading it to the platform. This is why you might experience delays, but they should not be longer than several seconds.

Several seconds is eternity for news trader :-)

Offline Hilapur

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 03:54:02 PM »
Astronautas, you are right. Indeed, when you are trading on fundamentals, then every second counts. I am not sure how to help you with this issue, except to propose you to start trading directly from Reuters trading platform. It costs a lot, but you will have 0 delays

Offline Caesar99

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 08:53:07 PM »
Sounds like another good reason for not trading news events

Offline fxopen78

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 09:35:27 PM »
Astronautas, you are right. Indeed, when you are trading on fundamentals, then every second counts. I am not sure how to help you with this issue, except to propose you to start trading directly from Reuters trading platform. It costs a lot, but you will have 0 delays

I have read if some big trader they dare to pay big cost to get leak of news, so they can act early than ordinary trader, in certain case before news released the movement already high rapidly, but after news released there is normal movement, some said big trader already take profit before news because they act early

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading by F1Maniac
[Today at 11:06:01 AM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 10:25:27 AM]

Re: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading by Josef
[Today at 09:27:35 AM]

Re: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading by Josef
[Today at 09:14:46 AM]

Re: Who makes a living on Forex??? by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 08:23:27 PM]