collapse

Author Topic: Midasama TraderEA v.Daweda  (Read 6910 times)

Offline HFT Group

• HFT Group Forex Rebates
Midasama TraderEA v.Daweda
« on: September 13, 2019, 03:55:01 AM »
https://midasama-trader.com/

Thoughts/feedback/experience/reviews?

Offline Fastrack Forex

Re: Midasama TraderEA v.Daweda
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 05:51:37 AM »
FX Book looking good with reasonable broker.

Online goodexp

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 06:48:23 AM »
that's the reply from midasama-trader
--------------------------------------------------

history private.

EA full unlimited

Offline HFT Group

• HFT Group Forex Rebates
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 07:15:18 AM »
that's the reply from midasama-trader
--------------------------------------------------

history private.

EA full unlimited

Yes, I have already been in touch with the vendor but the information they provide is very limited. Was hoping someone may have a better insight into it.

Offline Byte

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 05:10:42 PM »
I got curious and bought the EA. It looks like a GRID to me. This week it performed roughly in line with the accounts on myfxbook. But of course I cannot check the individual trades. After a scary DD in the beginning of the week, the returns were certainly impressive, but I will also have to reduce the risk. They provide very little in terms of instructions on the parameters including expected DD if using certain risk settings. So I will have to run backtests to get a rough idea, esp. how to set the risk so I have limited blow up risk for my account. Then again ... it is a GRID. I have to say I sleep much better watching my account with SFE Attractor and Cyborg on it.

Offline Byte

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 09:08:53 PM »
I got curious and bought the EA. It looks like a GRID to me. This week it performed roughly in line with the accounts on myfxbook. But of course I cannot check the individual trades. After a scary DD in the beginning of the week, the returns were certainly impressive, but I will also have to reduce the risk. They provide very little in terms of instructions on the parameters including expected DD if using certain risk settings. So I will have to run backtests to get a rough idea, esp. how to set the risk so I have limited blow up risk for my account. Then again ... it is a GRID. I have to say I sleep much better watching my account with SFE Attractor and Cyborg on it.

I checked with the seller, and apparently, the EA should by default be set to a maximum number of orders of 1, so no GRID there. BUT when I put the EA on my MT4 and loaded the presets, the maximum number of orders was set to 99. When I look at the presets, there are multiple rows on the max_order parameter. The first one looks like the field should be populated with 1 (MaxOrders=1), but I am not knowledgable enough to understand what the other settings will do and if they can result in a population of the field with 99
Other lines:
MaxOrders,F=0
MaxOrders,1=999
MaxOrders,2=0
MaxOrders,3=0

Just thought I would let everyone know that at least it is not supposed to be run as GRID

Cheers,

Tibor

Offline nck

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 02:57:00 PM »
lot of red flags very shady at lest what i read

Offline Byte

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 04:18:34 PM »
Unfortunately correct
- The set files do not match the fields of the EA
- The vendor does not respond to requests for the correct set files
- Last time i checked the web site was gone

Offline nck

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 05:45:03 PM »
will keep it on my list ,

must say that is looking impressive

the fact that history is closed is a bit of a turn off
any resuts ?

Offline nck

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2019, 02:55:11 PM »

I checked with the seller, and apparently, the EA should by default be set to a maximum number of orders of 1, so no GRID there. BUT when I put the EA on my MT4 and loaded the presets, the maximum number of orders was set to 99. When I look at the presets, there are multiple rows on the max_order parameter. The first one looks like the field should be populated with 1 (MaxOrders=1), but I am not knowledgable enough to understand what the other settings will do and if they can result in a population of the field with 99
Other lines:
MaxOrders,F=0
MaxOrders,1=999
MaxOrders,2=0
MaxOrders,3=0

Just thought I would let everyone know that at least it is not supposed to be run as GRID

Cheers,

Tibor

did you try it on demo or else?

Offline Byte

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 04:39:30 PM »
Not sure what you are asking. I bought it and put it on a very small live account to see how it behaves.
Other lines:
MaxOrders,F=0
MaxOrders,1=999
MaxOrders,2=0
MaxOrders,3=0

Cheers,

Tibor

did you try it on demo or else?

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2019, 03:15:18 PM »
I tried to read up on this yesterday.  It sounds so bad and smells so fishy especially if the seller cannot even provide advice on how to set it up / give working set files and hides closed trades.

I found so much stuff and open questions out there about whether the EA was actually what was producing those nice results and comments from others that were getting results like they were using an entirely different EA altogether and lots of losing trades.  As trade history is hidden you have no idea and no concrete evidence I'd suggest avoiding.

It sounds like someone has bought it here though, so tell us the real story through your backtesting / demo / live(!) so we can avoid the disinformation out there.

Offline nck

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2019, 03:31:04 PM »
thank you for your imputs

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Daxbot by atomico
[Today at 09:36:23 AM]

Re: Your biggest nightmare in trading by ExpatFX
[Today at 09:15:10 AM]

Re: Frero system by Adrian the Sun