collapse

Author Topic: FourLeafClover EA from FourLeafClover FX  (Read 68216 times)

Offline Hagerlo

Re: FourLeafClover EA from FourLeafClover FX
« Reply #180 on: April 08, 2019, 12:55:14 PM »
I contacted the support and thought their answer could be of benefit for others on the forum:

The 'floatingDDBasedExitValue' is specific to the pair to which the EA is attached.  This is the relevant snippet from the manual: "If drawdown based trade exits are enabled then should the floating drawdown of FourLeafClover trades on the current pair reach this level then FourLeafClover will close those trades."

Important to note that the parameter is specific to each pair traded, not the whole account.
Also, they recommended me to select mode3 with floatingDDBasedExitValue set to -13500 for my 20k account with 1:200 leverage.

Online alaali

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #181 on: April 08, 2019, 03:23:26 PM »
I contacted the support and thought their answer could be of benefit for others on the forum:

The 'floatingDDBasedExitValue' is specific to the pair to which the EA is attached.  This is the relevant snippet from the manual: "If drawdown based trade exits are enabled then should the floating drawdown of FourLeafClover trades on the current pair reach this level then FourLeafClover will close those trades."

Important to note that the parameter is specific to each pair traded, not the whole account.
Also, they recommended me to select mode3 with floatingDDBasedExitValue set to -13500 for my 20k account with 1:200 leverage.

Thanks for the information.

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2019, 11:00:11 AM »
The last couple of months have been sluggish for me (AUDCAD & USDCAD) but still profitable.  The markets have been in tighter ranges as Reiner noted in another thread.

It may be quieter just now, but the key for me is that this does not equate to losses, just a little less gains!  :D

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2019, 12:03:43 PM »
The last couple of months have been sluggish for me (AUDCAD & USDCAD) but still profitable.  The markets have been in tighter ranges as Reiner noted in another thread.

It may be quieter just now, but the key for me is that this does not equate to losses, just a little less gains!  :D

I concur with you, Ruairi OPleurisy. Looking at my widget test on myfxbook, we can see a modest gain with a reasonable dd.  :)

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline mikekitur

« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2019, 04:55:57 AM »
Hi All,

Is it better to have Ecn account or just standard account for this Ea?

Any different in ROI?

Thought to buy this Ea, and not sure if i should register as ecn or not.

Thanks in advanxe

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2019, 04:27:02 PM »
Hi, I don't think it matters much as this is not a scalper but do choose a broker that has decent spreads on the pairs you are going to trade (AUDCAD spread can vary and be a little higher on some brokers and this is one of the recommended pairs).  You should have no problem with USDCAD spread - the other recommended pair.

Here is a MyFxbook live spread comparison across brokers.  You can filter on pairs / brokers of interest.  I found it a great reference in ther past.  I also had a spread monitoring EA that I think I uploaded somewhere once - will see if I can find that.

Offline mikekitur

« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2019, 04:37:41 PM »
Noted, Thx Mr Ruairi

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2019, 04:44:47 PM »
I'm sure there was a Tools / Donwloads section here where I put this:
http://www.donnaforex.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=2 but it seems to have gone  >:(

Have attached the spread monitor (spreadwatch EA) that I have used in the past.  You will need to attach it to demo accounts of brokers you are interested in and it will report on varying spreads for you and you can set specific timeframes of interest - quite nice actually.

Offline mikekitur

« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2019, 06:38:26 PM »
Thx Mr Ruari, I am using IC Market, hopefully the spread are ok :)

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2019, 05:01:43 PM »
The forum is quiet these days - I suspect that this is because not many EAs are working well...

Happy to report back that I'm still using this one successfully with profit every month and have not been tempted to buy anything new for quite some time (that could change of course!).

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2019, 02:36:18 PM »
I'm giving this a bump as I think it deserves it.

Two members have been in contact in the last couple of weeks asking me if I'm still using this and the answer is yes!

It will be three years next month since I started it live and I've never been able to run any EA successfully for that long.  I'm taking out profit now every month.  Cue carnage...  ;D

I thought I'd share as only fair as I can't find anything else that seems to work consistenly.  Sorry Dasher - we said we should maybe keep quiet but I think the forum needs some positivity that it is possible to make some money currently :)

Offline dasher1980

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2019, 02:13:22 PM »
Sorry Dasher - we said we should maybe keep quiet but I think the forum needs some positivity that it is possible to make some money currently

haha no probs, as discussed am soon going to ramp up my balance a bit, that generally is sufficient for EA's to stop working :)

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: SFE Price Action EA by ccjhuang
[Today at 06:41:48 AM]

Re: Best Scalper by bestscalper
[Today at 01:14:19 AM]

Re: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading by petersurrey
[Yesterday at 11:17:11 PM]

Re: economic news in MT5 by Caesar99
[Yesterday at 08:53:07 PM]

Re: economic news in MT5 by Hilapur
[Yesterday at 03:54:02 PM]