collapse

Author Topic: Cantata EA anyone?  (Read 10054 times)

Offline jwatts7701

Cantata EA anyone?
« on: September 27, 2017, 01:30:43 AM »
Has anyone ran, or are they currently running the Cantata EA?

I know its a martingale, so not looking for any warnings about that. But I see it is a managed martingale where it disrupts itself to prevent total blow outs.

I found this on forex verified (although its not easy to find where to buy it). http://www.forexverified.com/reports/cantata/cantata004.html

I cannot find any myfxbooks on it either. For a martingale it seems rather controlled. Would be curious to hear any thoughts on the matter or experience.

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
Re: Cantata EA anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 01:58:21 PM »
Has anyone ran, or are they currently running the Cantata EA?

I know its a martingale, so not looking for any warnings about that. But I see it is a managed martingale where it disrupts itself to prevent total blow outs.

I found this on forex verified (although its not easy to find where to buy it). http://www.forexverified.com/reports/cantata/cantata004.html

I cannot find any myfxbooks on it either. For a martingale it seems rather controlled. Would be curious to hear any thoughts on the matter or experience.

Hi,

cantata is a light version of pipstrider. Vendor was http://www.forex-goldmine.net/.
I am running pipstrider v3 on my xm account. Vendor is still available for support but they dont sell any eas atm. Maybe you can send him a mail and ask if you can get a licence. Pipstrider and cantata are safer martys for audcad only. Corre made some long term backtest and pipstrider3 was doing very well. Its the only grid/marty i am running atm. Also its a nano account on xm. Nothing to loose  ;)

best regards
Mark

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 04:02:53 AM »
Thanks Tradenow. Much appreciated.

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 04:08:32 PM »
Thanks Tradenow. Much appreciated.

You are welcome.  :)

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 10:44:42 PM »
jwatts7701,

I plundered through the murky mist of Forex failures (there are quite a few in my cellar) and found my old Cantata EA and manual.  I have it authorised against one account that I no longer have in use so can't tell you much now at this stage.

I recall running it because it was a freeebie after Robominer burnt my account.  I stopped running it though and that usually only means one thing...

Unfortunately I can't resuscitate it to run a backtest or demo as even demo accounts need to be registered with the vendor.

I've attached the manual for your interest.

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 02:48:14 PM »
jwatts7701,
Unfortunately I can't resuscitate it to run a backtest or demo as even demo accounts need to be registered with the vendor.

I've attached the manual for your interest.

You can change your account in your member area. Its still working and they also offer support for all members who bought a licence.

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 03:39:01 PM »
Thanks Tradenow.

I was able to login but no downloads available to get the latest version / latest installer...

I can get to teh oage to chnge account number.

Latest version Contata I have is v1.27.  Is that the latest?

Doing it all for you jwatts7701  :D

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 03:58:42 PM »
Thanks Tradenow.

I was able to login but no downloads available to get the latest version / latest installer...

I can get to teh oage to chnge account number.

Latest version Contata I have is v1.27.  Is that the latest?

Doing it all for you jwatts7701  :D

Latest is Cantata 3
You can send vendor a mail to get latest version.

Here is the latest post from vendor in his own forum:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Members,

As you may know, our business was founded in 2009, and we're grateful for the opportunity to service Forex traders for over 6 years! In a very fickle and ever changing market, we've definitely learned a lot along the way, and we appreciate all the feedback, suggestions, and testimonials from our exceptional members.

Our goal was to offer quality products with a higher, more personable, level of support, and we hope that we were able to attain that with you. We've also offered affordable monthly pricing plans, so that all of our members would have a fair chance at trading the forex market successfully.

At this time, we feel that we've reached a point where we are comfortable with our current customer base, and with the amount of EA licenses sold.

We have therefore decided to stop selling our current products, so that we can put more focus into R&D and on offering other Forex related services to our members. We do have some exciting products / services in store for you, like an "EA programming training course" and managed accounts for non US residents, which will be introduced in the coming months.

Please note, that the Forex Cantata III EA has been taken off the market. There is a possibility that we will offer it again at some point in the future, but there are no definite plans in regards to that. Also, we may introduce a new line of Forex EA's in the near future as well.

We are still going to provide ongoing support for our existing clientele. So, if you are a current customer of ours, nothing will change for you in regards to support. We would also like to emphasize that the Forex Cantata III is a great EA which continues to average between 2% - 3% monthly returns with very low drawdown.

We hope that we have served you to the best of our ability, and we wish you much success in all of your trading!

Best regards
--
Forex-Goldmine Team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normally they are responding quite fast via email. Hope it helps!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 04:00:37 PM by Tradenow »

Offline nc!

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 04:00:21 PM »
My experience on martingale with rescue mode after certain steps of orders and low risk big steps distance best scenario and it will fail. I wrote an EA which had many strategies after some steps back tested it and it always failed after some years. Hedging may do the trick.   To many risks for small return and it blows in the end.

U are Long If market goes down then stops but does not retrace enough down again repeat few times account blows. Even for BE the retrace will not be enough. If you aim to get out with a 10% loss or hedging from early stage maybe?

cheers
No eas in real accounts

Following Signals

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 04:05:07 PM »
My experience on martingale with rescue mode after certain steps of orders and low risk big steps distance best scenario and it will fail. I wrote an EA which had many strategies after some steps back tested it and it always failed after some years. Hedging may do the trick.   To many risks for small return and it blows in the end.

U are Long If market goes down then stops but does not retrace enough down again repeat few times account blows. Even for BE the retrace will not be enough. If you aim to get out with a 10% loss or hedging from early stage maybe?

cheers

Yes its pure gambling. Would run such eas only on cent accounts.
Nevertheless Cantata and Pipstrider are rock solid eas and for sure the better ones in marty business.  ;)

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 05:17:03 PM »
Yep, agreed Trade Now. The forexverified account is doing very well, and i saw on their website they have a managed account provider using cantata here: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/BinaFX/edge/1915884. So it seems both they and forexverified are building relatively lenghty and safe histories and track records. that also look easily recoverable from losses when/if they occur, as long as they are managed properly. I would of course look to plan for a predefined drawdown level and override or stop it out on your own.

Offline reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 05:42:10 PM »
Yep, agreed Trade Now. The forexverified account is doing very well, and i saw on their website they have a managed account provider using cantata here: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/BinaFX/edge/1915884. So it seems both they and forexverified are building relatively lenghty and safe histories and track records. that also look easily recoverable from losses when/if they occur, as long as they are managed properly. I would of course look to plan for a predefined drawdown level and override or stop it out on your own.

very nice results indeed and its a real account meaning not a cheating cent account, and green pips for a marti grid is mighty impressive unless they cheated with partial closures, cant see history to analyse.

the pair traded is rangy so very suitable for a lot of grid strategies.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 05:44:24 PM by reinerh »

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 05:05:52 PM »
jwatts7701, FourLeafClover is another profitable one with good history that you might consider.

Offline nck

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 09:58:24 PM »
1. Does the PipStrider II use a martingale strategy?
Although in the past we did use a lot multiplier of 2.00 which doubles your trade at every new level, and categorizes the system as a "martingale strategy", the new PipStrider II EA does not use that anymore, and instead multiplies lots by a default of 1.19 thus not making it a martingale system anymore! Of course, the user can change that if they want, but we found the PipStrider II system to be more effective when it does not multiply lots with a doubling "martingale" system.

Offline envisage

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2019, 06:05:42 AM »
Anyone on here still using Pipstrider or Cantata?  I'm just going to fire my old licence up again but am interested to know if anyone is still using this and if you've adjusted your center price for AUDCAD. Cheers!

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by FLechdrop
[Today at 02:47:29 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 01:59:24 PM]

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[Today at 11:18:14 AM]

Re: How can I learn Forex? by drunkfx
[Today at 05:45:51 AM]

Re: What are the benefits of Forex forum? by drunkfx
[Today at 05:45:12 AM]