collapse

Author Topic: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading  (Read 47487 times)

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2019, 08:38:56 PM »
Just wanted to warn people about wrong swap information that shows on MyFxBook for example for TradeView broker. In reality it is 10 times different.

Yes along with many others like IG. I wonder how myfxbook get their figures other than relying on just what the brokers tell them...

Offline dutchie

« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2019, 08:15:05 AM »
Just wanted to warn people about wrong swap information that shows on MyFxBook for example for TradeView broker. In reality it is 10 times different.

Yes along with many others like IG. I wonder how myfxbook get their figures other than relying on just what the brokers tell them...
I think it's better to open a demo account and check the swap pair by pair.
The swap info is in the pair: Market Watch, right click the pair and see specification.
Do that for 2 brokers on 1 screen and you will find some suitable pairs (lot of work...)
But I'm not sure whether this info is the same for live accounts.
Did not check that in detail
There's a saying, success is doing what everyone else isn't doing, and not doing what everyone else is doing.

Offline Forex21

• Forex21
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2019, 02:19:42 PM »

Per definition, when you trade with IG Markets you trade CFD's. And they do not charge you any SWAP. But that does not mean that there is no SWAP  :o. The simple call it different. Good thing is that they provide very detailed and transparent information about their "charge" (Swap) policy. Here is the link to it: https://www.ig.com/sg/our-charges

I think it's better to open a demo account and check the swap pair by pair.
The swap info is in the pair: Market Watch, right click the pair and see specification.
Do that for 2 brokers on 1 screen and you will find some suitable pairs (lot of work...)
But I'm not sure whether this info is the same for live accounts.
Did not check that in detail

Yes, when it comes to Swap rates attention to detail is king. We are currently working on a db for rates but it is not an easy project and take a while.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 05:39:04 PM by Forex21 »

Offline Foxy_Trader

« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2019, 06:01:06 PM »
Quote from: alex100
Just wanted to warn people about wrong swap information that shows on
MyFxBook for example for TradeView broker. In reality it is 10 times
different.

TradeView provides swap information in the base currency of the instrument and for other instruments in margin currency.
Did you pay enough attention to this while judging?
But because you interpreted the available information wrong, it doesn't mean the information itself is wrong  8)
Don't you feel the difference?  :P

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2019, 07:39:01 PM »
Has anyone go for live yet? Appreciate if someone could share with us their experience so I can save a lot of time once I come back for it. Thanks in advance.

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2019, 08:28:42 PM »
AS a general rule good regulated brokers offer poor swaps as they can attract enough business without any added incentives. The only other option I can think of is to use correlated pairs both with a positive swap but this is getting into new territory and off-topic. My overall conclusion is that there are enough trading systems around which offer more than a few percent per month, BUT you do need to be able to tolerate the associated drawdowns, which this service obviously avoids.

Are you sure there are enough trading systems around which offer more than just a few percent per month? There's 1 proprietary company that I work for previously are happy to hire those so-called highly profitable system if they really work but of course there are some strict rules. Don't tell me those drawdown more than 8-10% because that's not trading in our dictionary, that's gambling. I don't recall whether it was 2014 or 2015 when everyone in the industry not doing that well, the firms which I work for return are just about  23% and we are so happy about it. If you work for a proprietary company, as long as your performance above 8% per annum you are entitled for bonus and huge 1 if you can hit above 30%. This means it is less than 3% per month. Let me tell you something really true. I don't ask for more, 4-5% per month are more than enough. If this whole thing works out, I just need to pay them 2% monthly to my fellow investors, millions and millions of dollars are waiting for me and I can assure you they are more than happy for 24% per annum.

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2019, 09:51:35 PM »
different.

TradeView provides swap information in the base currency of the instrument and for other instruments in margin currency.
But because you interpreted the available information wrong, it doesn't mean the information itself is wrong  8)

...the original comment was relating to myfxbook errors, not tradeview's, and as previously discussed. is not a reliable source for swaps.

Offline alex100

« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2019, 10:55:34 PM »
different.

I assume that myfxbook should provide all information in the spreadsheet in same way. To avoid confusion.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 11:04:26 PM by alex100 »

Offline Forex21

• Forex21
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2019, 10:34:03 AM »
different.

I assume that myfxbook should provide all information in the spreadsheet in same way. To avoid confusion.

A few notes what might help.

1) The IG rates shown on MyFxbook are not wrong as Peter claimed. IG also does not provide false rates info. As a matter of fact they provide more details about their rates then most brokers do. Check this link, it really does not get any better than this: https://www.ig.com/sg/our-charges

2) The TradeView rates are not 10x higher/lower as Alex claimed. They are simple shown in a different format. Format info is displayed next to the rate info.

3) MyFxBook swaps, spread and other data collection are of course not perfect and provide an incomplete picture. There are a lot more brokers available. Plus, it is not only the swap rate what matters. However, if a user or anybody who is interested in Swap trading wants to get some basic information, it is a good page to get started.

4) Swap Master users who struggle putting their own portfolios together can use the ones I and other users share on the Forex21 Forum (Group content). There are now 6 ready to use portfolios and new ones are posted almost every day.

I hope this help!

Have a good weekend!

Alexander

Offline F1Maniac

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2019, 11:13:47 PM »
AS a general rule good regulated brokers offer poor swaps as they can attract enough business without any added incentives. The only other option I can think of is to use correlated pairs both with a positive swap but this is getting into new territory and off-topic. My overall conclusion is that there are enough trading systems around which offer more than a few percent per month, BUT you do need to be able to tolerate the associated drawdowns, which this service obviously avoids.

Are you sure there are enough trading systems around which offer more than just a few percent per month? There's 1 proprietary company that I work for previously are happy to hire those so-called highly profitable system if they really work but of course there are some strict rules. Don't tell me those drawdown more than 8-10% because that's not trading in our dictionary, that's gambling. I don't recall whether it was 2014 or 2015 when everyone in the industry not doing that well, the firms which I work for return are just about  23% and we are so happy about it. If you work for a proprietary company, as long as your performance above 8% per annum you are entitled for bonus and huge 1 if you can hit above 30%. This means it is less than 3% per month. Let me tell you something really true. I don't ask for more, 4-5% per month are more than enough. If this whole thing works out, I just need to pay them 2% monthly to my fellow investors, millions and millions of dollars are waiting for me and I can assure you they are more than happy for 24% per annum.
Ofcourse nothing is that simple and even if it was why sell it for 300 bucks. Doesn't make sense. Ive looked at all options provided unfortunately unless you want to trust a broker thats in a lightly regulated area this is not really going to work. Oanda for e.g. has excellent swaps but they charge finance on top which makes it unusable for hedging

Offline Forex21

• Forex21
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2019, 07:33:26 AM »
@ Vikrem
I am very sorry that it did not work out for you. As I told you, there is a strong correlation between effort and results. You expected that it will work even when you use an old terminal and run it on inactive charts. It didn't. Not a big deal.

I wish you all the best best for your trading. Try next time with a bit more effort, it does wonders.

Alexander

@ iMusingKiMi

There is a difference between trading a few hundred thousands and 100 Mio. No?

Offline F1Maniac

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2019, 01:13:08 PM »

I am very sorry that it did not work out for you. As I told you, there is a strong correlation between effort and results. You expected that it will work even when you use an old terminal and run it on inactive charts. It didn't. Not a big deal.

I wish you all the best best for your trading. Try next time with a bit more effort, it does wonders.

Alexander

@ iMusingKiMi

I think firstly not appropriate to reveal personal info on forums, its not appreciated.

You did promise working portfolio here with regulated brokers. Im yet to see one. And surely if this made millions why sell it for 300 bucks?

We never got to the bottom issue faced so dont go putting it all on me sir. If you trust your code so much, surely the debug message would shed light on where the issue is but it didnt.

Regardless i do appreciate the support but its not for me to be constantly keeping with finding a new broker and a new pair

Offline Forex21

• Forex21
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2019, 01:41:48 PM »

Alexander

@ iMusingKiMi

I think firstly not appropriate to reveal personal info on forums, its not appreciated.

You did promise working portfolio here with regulated brokers. Im yet to see one. And surely if this made millions why sell it for 300 bucks?

We never got to the bottom issue faced so dont go putting it all on me sir. If you trust your code so much, surely the debug message would shed light on where the issue is but it didnt.

Regardless i do appreciate the support but its not for me to be constantly keeping with finding a new broker and a new pair

You got the portfolio, you got the setup info and everything else you needed to use the software properly. Why you decide to use it on an outdated terminal and inactive chart...I don't know.

Why you repeatedly claimed that 2 points are 20$/1 Lot....I also don't know.

What I do know is that trading does not work the way you think it does.

Offline Foxy_Trader

« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2019, 02:05:52 PM »

You did promise working portfolio here with regulated brokers. Im yet to see one.

Buddy, you really did post some confusing "facts" on the sw forum.  ;) And btw, there are many working portfolios with regulated brokers. You were there, posted on many topics and now you write that you did not see them.  :o :o

Offline Stephan09

« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2019, 02:56:51 PM »
Cmon, lads :)
There is always somebody who doesn't like a product and make a refund.. a phone, a suit or a digital product.
From one side it doesn't mean that a product is bad and from the other side it doesn't mean that a client is wrong.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: LMFX by pinoytrader
[Today at 09:31:07 AM]

Re: Did you blame yourself when you lose? by fxopen78
[Today at 12:07:55 AM]

Re: HotForex by pinoytrader
[Yesterday at 08:11:25 PM]

Re: Did you blame yourself when you lose? by 2cuteEssence
[Yesterday at 12:05:04 PM]

Re: MQL5 UNLAX by unlax
[Yesterday at 11:19:08 AM]