collapse

Author Topic: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading  (Read 47491 times)

Offline alex100

Re: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading
« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2019, 11:48:55 PM »
This message I received this morning from my broker:

"As end of year is imminent, you will notice that most FX pairs have negative carry (charging swaps) on both long and short positions in the swap update today. Referred to as a turn effect, supply and demand for funding over year-end affects forward curves for most currencies which in turn causes swaps to widen.

Therefore, you will be seeing comparatively inflated swap over the close of the year/start of the new year vs normal market conditions. We will be updating swaps throughout this week and the next and will advise once swaps return back to normal market conditions."

Offline pipsbuster

« Reply #211 on: January 01, 2020, 01:20:11 PM »
Heres detailed swap data for different MT4 forex brokers:  https://www.myfxbook.com/en/forex-broker-swaps

What would be some examples of profitable combinations from this list?

Offline Forex21

• Forex21
« Reply #212 on: January 01, 2020, 01:36:06 PM »

There is no 'close trades at the end of the month' function because basically you want to keep your trades open for as long as possible. However, if you want to close your trades at the end of the month, or any other time, you can do this with the click of one single button.

Swap is earned and paid daily.

I hope this helps!
Alexander

I have real accounts on ICMARKETS and on DARWINEX and the swap costs are charged only when the operations are closed.
I don't know what the other brokers do

As long the trade is open, the swap will not show in the closed trades section of your terminal. Simple because the trade is still not closed. However, the swap itself is paid/earned daily.

Offline pipsbuster

« Reply #213 on: January 02, 2020, 12:44:32 PM »
Can any user of this software here post two verified MyFXBook links to their live accounts showing a positive combined equity?

Offline Forex21

• Forex21
« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2020, 10:27:50 PM »
Can any user of this software here post two verified MyFXBook links to their live accounts showing a positive combined equity?

I would love to share my accounts but non of the verification services are made for multi account swap tracking. I posted somewhere a detailed problem description. Taking a look to the following screenshot will do as well: https://ibb.co/h76W9ZQ

I hope this helps.
Alexander

Offline pipsbuster

« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2020, 11:20:30 PM »

I would love to share my accounts but non of the verification services are made for multi account swap tracking. I posted somewhere a detailed problem description. Taking a look to the following screenshot will do as well: https://ibb.co/h76W9ZQ

I hope this helps.
Alexander

I understand. You could post separate links to two accounts whose combined equity would be higher than the sum of their initial balances.

Offline Forex21

• Forex21
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2020, 12:03:43 AM »

I hope this helps.
Alexander

I understand. You could post separate links to two accounts whose combined equity would be higher than the sum of their initial balances.

No, because changes in the equity of two accounts would not verify swap gains. The first post contains several examples and there are statements available on our homepage. Traders who look for extra info can also do their own research.

Offline pipsbuster

« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2020, 12:37:53 AM »

I hope this helps.
Alexander

No, because changes in the equity of two accounts would not verify swap gains. The first post contains several examples and there are statements available on our homepage. Traders who look for extra info can also do their own research.

All right, what about providing investor passwords to two accounts?

Offline Forex21

• Forex21
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2020, 09:03:01 AM »
Same as with MyFxbook. The only thing it would do is feed free lunch seekers.

If you are a trader and do not believe the examples posted here and on our website, spend an hour and do your own research. You will learn that it works exactly as described. On the other hand, if you look for a free hand out, I am afraid I am not willing to help you out.

At the moment, portfolio details are posted on our forum but we will also start posting software screenshots in the next weeks. This will allow traders to follow the progress in terms of swap gains.

Offline pipsbuster

« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2020, 12:57:10 PM »
What investment minimum do you recommend with this software for someone living in Europe?

Online FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #220 on: January 09, 2020, 09:15:48 AM »
Question: Would it cause problems for the EA if you run other EAs on the same accounts? (Apart from if they lose a substantial amount of the original equity, which of course would cause problems.)

Offline Forex21

• Forex21
« Reply #221 on: January 09, 2020, 10:15:08 AM »
Question: Would it cause problems for the EA if you run other EAs on the same accounts? (Apart from if they lose a substantial amount of the original equity, which of course would cause problems.)

You can run Swap Master together with other EA's but I would not do it because of the following reasons:

1) It is easy to mix up information from trades.
2) Depending on how margin intensive the other EA's are, you might face unexpected margin situations. (unexpected situations are always bad when it comes to trading)

Separate accounts are the better option.

Alexander  :)

Online FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #222 on: January 09, 2020, 12:50:06 PM »

You can run Swap Master together with other EA's but I would not do it because of the following reasons:

1) It is easy to mix up information from trades.
2) Depending on how margin intensive the other EA's are, you might face unexpected margin situations. (unexpected situations are always bad when it comes to trading)

Separate accounts are the better option.

Alexander  :)

Thanks for the quick reply.

I get point two. Not sure about point one. Do you mean it is easy for you to mix it up, or for the Swap Master EA?

The thing is I am looking to run a portfolio of EAs on one account, to have better average returns with lower DD because of diversification. That does not work if you run things on separate accounts. If I make 5% monthly on one account and 5% on the other, there is some diversification of risk, of course, but I will not get more than 5% in total. Whereas running them on the same account, I would get 10% total.

But yes, margin could be a serious concern here. I get that. Especially as the Swap Master would probably be using a significant portion of it.

Offline Forex21

• Forex21
« Reply #223 on: January 09, 2020, 06:53:57 PM »
Hello Flechdrop.

The EA will not mix up information but if you run Swap Master and a couple of other systems on one and the same account it might become challenging to track all trades.

Also, keep in mind that Swap Master is a multi account system and you will need in any case 2 accounts on different brokers to run it.

Alexander

Offline pipsbuster

« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2020, 06:13:07 AM »
It looks like you will also need a lot of money to profit with this EA.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: LMFX by pinoytrader
[Today at 09:31:07 AM]

Re: Did you blame yourself when you lose? by fxopen78
[Today at 12:07:55 AM]

Re: HotForex by pinoytrader
[Yesterday at 08:11:25 PM]

Re: Did you blame yourself when you lose? by 2cuteEssence
[Yesterday at 12:05:04 PM]

Re: MQL5 UNLAX by unlax
[Yesterday at 11:19:08 AM]