collapse

Author Topic: Daxbot  (Read 21155 times)

Offline Daxbot

Re: Daxbot
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 06:40:23 PM »
I downloaded the demo from the website and did the backtest. But it said "License invalid"

Maybe you are logged into MT4 live account.
When you backtest on demo EA, you need to be on demo login. Cant be a live login.

Offline Daxbot

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2020, 06:43:19 PM »
+20 PIPS OR 7.5% today....bringing it back to double-digit % monthly returns to date....demo only at this stage..I LOVE quick-fire systems with little exposure and quick results with fixed SL ...

Yes, that 10/15 from in January,
However, its all about sequence and how the WLLWW comes, but EA can demonstrate profit month even after a LLLL sequence. Even a month that win 50% can be a 220 pip gain if sequence run WLWLWL etc as bot will net 20 pips every other day.

Offline Daxbot

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2020, 06:43:58 PM »
I've stuck it on a Pepperstone 10k demo with the err, lotsize set to a 'conserative' 20 lots based on the advice of 2 lots per $1k balance.  Sounds like fun :)

20 lots on dax is 2.0 lot on Forex. (20 a point)

Offline Daxbot

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2020, 06:45:28 PM »
Hi, my first initial observation is that it is writing a messge to the experts log EVERY TICK, noting that it is not time to trade yet.  That's a little wasteful, no?

I likely won't care if it pulls in big demo dollars with my 20 lot trade setting, doubling to 40 lots gamble following a loss :)

Trying to trade such lot sizes on a live account would likely not work... 
Just to be sure on the comment re lot sizing - you are recommending 2 lots per $1k (and not $10k) account size?

Thanks for posting the demo EA.

Watch margin in pepperstone as FCA max is 30:1, margin requirement will be high for 40 lots there, you might not have enough margin, not sure as we use comfortable ASIC broker, don't have to worry about margin requirement with them.

Offline AttilaG

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2020, 07:14:37 PM »
  Why selling the Golden  goose ? You could make millions with it  :)

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2020, 01:32:12 AM »
Hi, my first initial observation is that it is writing a messge to the experts log EVERY TICK, noting that it is not time to trade yet.  That's a little wasteful, no?

I likely won't care if it pulls in big demo dollars with my 20 lot trade setting, doubling to 40 lots gamble following a loss :)

Just to be sure on the comment re lot sizing - you are recommending 2 lots per $1k (and not $10k) account size?

1 DE30 lot on icmarkets = 1 when trading GBP account if that helps :) The SL/TP is 20 pips+ slippage so just adjust the risk accordingly. I agree doubling up after losses is risky especially when it gets to 7%+ risk per trade but there is no reason why you can't trade at 10% recommended risk.

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2020, 02:54:32 AM »
  Why selling the Golden  goose ? You could make millions with it  :)

haha unless he's a 16-year-old kid relying on his parents pocket money or someone with a 10K overdraft  - the thing is you never know and that's the risk you take. 2 months is way too short to really judge - even 2-year-old systems can mysteriously stop working. That's the risk you take if you trade real money :)

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2020, 04:33:54 AM »

Watch margin in pepperstone as FCA max is 30:1, margin requirement will be high for 40 lots there, you might not have enough margin, not sure as we use comfortable ASIC broker, don't have to worry about margin requirement with them.

Pepperstone offer ASIC 500:1 as well...

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2020, 04:38:03 PM »
Yes, my demo is 1:500 leverage.  Thanks both for the clarification on lots on DAX.

No trade today.

What is the idea behind limiting to 1 trade per day (though I see you can change that in settings) - is that optimal to get in and out once?

The EA would be improved by removing the excessive logging and add the key info to the display instead - broker time (market watch), start trade window, end trade window and whether trading.

Of course, the really important thing is that it is profitable  and reliable :)

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2020, 03:30:08 AM »
Yes, my demo is 1:500 leverage.  Thanks both for the clarification on lots on DAX.

No trade today.

What is the idea behind limiting to 1 trade per day (though I see you can change that in settings) - is that optimal to get in and out once?

The EA would be improved by removing the excessive logging and add the key info to the display instead - broker time (market watch), start trade window, end trade window and whether trading.

Agreed - the bot has a really 'basic' feel with no HUD -  something like:

• Trade window open/closed
    Looking for trades
    Risk % per trade
    Profit % today
    Profit % for month

BUT I like the 'KISS' approach  - simple and effective so far it appears.....

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2020, 03:35:21 AM »
These messages are appearing on my demo experts file every 5-30 seconds as well.....very strange..not sure how long the broker would allow this in live trades....eating up so much server space..

2020.01.24 03:33:01.539   DaxBotEuV1Demo DE30,M5: NO TRADE TIME - EXIT
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 03:38:12 AM by petersurrey »

Offline reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2020, 11:13:14 AM »
These messages are appearing on my demo experts file every 5-30 seconds as well.....very strange..not sure how long the broker would allow this in live trades....eating up so much server space..

2020.01.24 03:33:01.539   DaxBotEuV1Demo DE30,M5: NO TRADE TIME - EXIT

your broker does not care about that, its only log files within the terminal. still these messages make no sense at all.

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2020, 11:34:42 AM »
Yes, it's VPS space that will be the concern.  The daily logs may get purged after a whule, but you can go into the folder and delete yourself - should not need to worry about that though.

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2020, 11:41:15 AM »
Did a little check on my VPS - you get a new log file on a daily basis, but mine only go back to 12th Jan so it seems they get purged off automatically.

Offline Daxbot

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2020, 01:18:31 PM »

No trade today.

Hi,
EA will trade everyday. Do backtest and you will see what trade should have been yesterday.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[Today at 04:54:27 AM]

Re: AAFX Trading reviews. Investments as an additional income source? by 2cuteEssence
[Yesterday at 03:58:54 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 01:12:42 PM]

Re: Will forex become the most popular Earning platform in future? by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 12:53:08 AM]

Re: Good uk broker? by HFT Group
[May 26, 2020, 02:56:23 PM]

[May 26, 2020, 02:31:03 PM]

Re: Good uk broker? by Jacob
[May 26, 2020, 11:07:47 AM]

Re: What are the benefits of Forex forum? by fxopen78
[May 25, 2020, 11:58:13 PM]

Re: AAFX Trading reviews. Investments as an additional income source? by Ybendakin
[May 25, 2020, 02:50:09 PM]

[May 25, 2020, 02:35:20 PM]