collapse

Author Topic: Daxbot  (Read 22032 times)

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: Daxbot
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2020, 05:53:23 AM »
The SL/TP levels are wrong - you are showing just one point instead of 20 @  **72.8 SL and **32.8 TP
Hi Peter, sorry, not getting you there - the EA has set those S/L and T/P levels as per the screenshot.  I just put the tool on top to show the distance away from entry on the chart.

Are you noting that the EA has not set the same S/L and T/P today on my Pepperstone account as it did on your ICM account?

NB. Trade still open...

I have set my EA SL/TP levels to 2000 to get 20 on the broker - it is just a matter of playing around until the EA matches the desired target.. good results this week!

Offline Daxbot

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2020, 12:05:13 PM »
good streak on 5/5.
If you have issue with pepperstone SL+TP, please send log file in case need addressed in update.

Next week update V2 will be released with new site.
it will remove the no trade time scripting and have client account display when EA runs.

thanks
Matts
www.daxbot.eu

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2020, 12:08:31 PM »
The SL/TP levels are wrong - you are showing just one point instead of 20 @  **72.8 SL and **32.8 TP
Hi Peter, sorry, not getting you there - the EA has set those S/L and T/P levels as per the screenshot.  I just put the tool on top to show the distance away from entry on the chart.

Are you noting that the EA has not set the same S/L and T/P today on my Pepperstone account as it did on your ICM account?

NB. Trade still open...

Hi Ruairi,
Send us set file if you have SL/TP issue, again, easy way, do backtest it will show you the story.

Hi, default setfile info for T/P & S/L :-
StopLoss 2000.0
TakeProfit 2000.0

Suspect it should really have values of 200.0 by default?  Yesterday's trade is still open as it did not make TP or hit SL.  I'll set it to 200.0 as I think that is what it should be....

Maybe that is something that should be updated in the EA default parms if most brokers are like mine if the target is 20 pips.

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2020, 12:15:27 PM »
Updated SL & TP from default value of 2000.0 to 200.0 - that should equate to 20 pips on my broker.  Closed yesterday's trade manually as updated SL and TP values are only used by the EA upon trade open.

Should get another trade tomorrow and going forward with correct TP & SL values populated.

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2020, 12:21:38 PM »
Backtest - did try to do a 99% ticka data backtest over last eight years but the Dukascopy data is not being picked up correctly for this index in the strategy tester like other pairs (the instrument name varies greatly).

Daxbot, can you please provide such a tickdata backtest for :-

- settings where lotsize is doubled after a losing trade
- settings where lotsize is NOT dobled after a losing trade

Thanks.

Offline Daxbot

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2020, 01:10:10 PM »
Updated SL & TP from default value of 2000.0 to 200.0 - that should equate to 20 pips on my broker.  Closed yesterday's trade manually as updated SL and TP values are only used by the EA upon trade open.

Should get another trade tomorrow and going forward with correct TP & SL values populated.

Because pepperstone only quote 1 figure after the decimal point.
Everyone else quote is like 13258.44
Pepperstone is 13258.4, so move to SL/TP to 200.

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2020, 02:02:09 PM »
..interesting today's winner closed higher than the high of Admiral's quoted price of ** 362.62 vs your **363 result...is this normal? ic markets meanwhile had **362.7 high for the same bar. Can positive slippage exceed Admiral's own quotes??  Great run this week!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 02:05:26 PM by petersurrey »

Offline Daxbot

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2020, 04:03:28 PM »
..interesting today's winner closed higher than the high of Admiral's quoted price of ** 362.62 vs your **363 result...is this normal? ic markets meanwhile had **362.7 high for the same bar. Can positive slippage exceed Admiral's own quotes??  Great run this week!

Our exit was on 1030 bar...high was ok...was higher than the exit slippage price.
All good!
Can we get the clean sweep this week  ??

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2020, 05:10:23 PM »
Loser yesterday on Pepperstone :-

Today's trade was a winner (lot size doubled as per settings after a loss)

Peter, on ICM with 20 lots what was your profit today in USD?  Just would like to compare agains the above.  Thanks.

Daxbot, maybe Pepperstone is not the best broker to run this on...

Online FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2020, 05:16:25 PM »
I think this is currently in sync with the market, but that will not last forever. Lot sizes seem to be high, so could go down as fast or faster than it goes up now.

Offline Daxbot

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2020, 06:24:36 PM »
Loser yesterday on Pepperstone :-

Today's trade was a winner (lot size doubled as per settings after a loss)

Peter, on ICM with 20 lots what was your profit today in USD?  Just would like to compare agains the above.  Thanks.

Daxbot, maybe Pepperstone is not the best broker to run this on...

They are not the best. If they were we would be using them. We spend hundreds of hours on this. We know every mainstream broker situation on spreads and dealing costs.

Offline Daxbot

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2020, 06:27:52 PM »
I think this is currently in sync with the market, but that will not last forever. Lot sizes seem to be high, so could go down as fast or faster than it goes up now.

You dont know what you are talking about. Dax lot size is 1/10 of FX
Sync with market? That would be the idea to make profit. Will there be losers? Yes. 
Will daxbot continue to thrive ? Yes because its early move advantage always takes best first dax trade.
Will come to and end when no one trades dax ever again.
Still people are not satisfied..its unbelievable.

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2020, 08:17:07 PM »
Daxbot, any luck with the backtests?  Thanks.

Offline Daxbot

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2020, 08:37:14 PM »

hi,
We design it for 2 risk levels, not 1. So in this way we are not doing a non-value activity. If you wish to backtest, play and experiment with settings you can do perfectly well on your demo.

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2020, 11:06:16 PM »

hi,
We design it for 2 risk levels, not 1. So in this way we are not doing a non-value activity. If you wish to backtest, play and experiment with settings you can do perfectly well on your demo.
Not sure, I understand that, but that sounds a lot like "clear off".  Will leave you to it.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by FLechdrop
[Today at 02:46:21 PM]

Re: Bitcoin Discussion by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 02:14:13 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 02:03:52 PM]

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[Today at 01:53:53 PM]

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[Today at 07:35:16 AM]