collapse

Author Topic: AAFX Trading reviews. Investments as an additional income source?  (Read 1396 times)

Offline 2cuteEssence

Hi everyone!
I have some savings that I want to invest in something. Firstly thought about making bank deposit, but the profits are too low + I want to do something, not just wait for money. So I got interested in trading Forex. Currently I'm looking for proper brokerage, AAFX seems to be the best choice with clear trading conditions. Did anyone have any business with this brokerage?
Also, what do you think about forex at all, can I earn there if I'll spend 4-5 hours for trading and will learn fast?

Offline Ybendakin

Re: AAFX Trading reviews. Investments as an additional income source?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 02:58:43 PM »
Bank deposit is a definite no, cause it will only cover the inflation rate if you are lucky enough. I think its possible to learn trading in a year. But it depends on the goals and how you plan to learn. Buying some trading courses can help learn quickly, but youve got to choose a decent course with live-trading practice. The golden mean is to learn to invest long-term. It wont take that much time and potential profits are comparable to daytrading.

Offline 2cuteEssence

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 02:51:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing your view! To tell the truth I am considering daytrading, because the idea to be profitable on both rising and falling markets is very fascinating. I dont like the idea of seeing how 30% of your investments go in vain overnight because some sheikhs did not manage to make a deal with Putin - just one example that came to mind.   
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 07:47:28 PM by 2cuteEssence »

Offline Nuadagas

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 07:02:44 PM »
Of  course active trading can be much more profitable than investments. Especially in the current market situation. How much can you expect of investments? 10-20% a year probably, if you are lucky and the markets are going in the upwards direction. If you dont have too much to invest in the very beginning, active day trading is basically the only mean that can help do the first sprint and multiply the invested money. If you start with only $100, and are not going to be very upset if you lose it all, you can use increased risks (additional leverage) to start with and hopefully double the deposit in a month or so. Then you can start decreasing the risks little by little, so that your risk per trade gradually comes to the suggested level of 1-2% per trade. But using 1-2% per trade risk for $100 deposits is ridiculous. Its a waste of time. So yeah, it can be more of a gambling in the beginning, but if you manage to develop a systematic approach from the very beginning, the chances to succeed are much, much higher ;)

Offline 2cuteEssence

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 09:00:20 PM »
Can not disagree about investments opportunities. The expected profits are very insignificant. This is actually a very nice point that you have got here about balancing the risks depending on the size of an account. Other people kept saying smth like <<No, no, you can lose everything, this is too risky>>. But you are right, risking something that you can afford losing is very different to risking a small amount of money.
AAFX has got a nice leverage offer, I have registered the demo already and now try to find out whether I can learn trading myself or I need a professional trading course or smth.         
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 09:04:01 PM by 2cuteEssence »

Offline Nuadagas

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 09:27:32 PM »
The same people that claim trading is too risky dont mind investing in real estate, that we know can lose like 50% in value over a year. And they normally dont mind opening a small business, which is also a tremendous risk and a waste of time if you dont succeed. A lot of startup businesses fail, but for some reason people keep thinking trading is risky but  entrepreneurship is not :) Good luck with your trading! Try finding a professional who can teach you personally. If you can afford it.

Offline 2cuteEssence

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 09:28:47 PM »
I started watching the videos with master-classes and at the same time I read the market overviews that come with AAFX mailing list. master-classes are always about using indicators and technical analysis, but the overviews always include some fundamental factors that can influence the market. It's difficult to understand if both, fundamentals and technical things matter in a similar proportion or some of the info can be ommitted.

Offline Ybendakin

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 02:50:09 PM »
I think both are important, but not necessarily in an equal proportion. Looks like you aim at everyday trading, at short-term speculations.
In this case fundamentals can help determine the trend, not much more than that. At the same time, you need to watch the economic calendar carefully. There are certain news releases that can make price fuctuations very aggressive within seconds. This is important to stay out of the market at the time of such news releases.

Offline 2cuteEssence

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 03:58:54 PM »
Thanks a lot! So that's why AAFX has got an 'economic calendar' on the website. I was always wondering what is the purpose ))

Offline Nuadagas

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 03:14:09 PM »
Man, looks like you've got a lot to learn about trading yet. Watching the economic calendar is kinda basic thing. Just don't trade during FOMC meetings and watch the ""three bulls"" news. 3 mins before the major news releases that's better to stay our of the market. Unless you like some financial rollercoasters :)   

Offline 2cuteEssence

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 06:33:39 PM »
Yeah, thanks, I got the idea already, but thnx anyway.

"Trading in fx takes alot of commitment and bro, if I could tell you how many sleepless night i have had just for fx.the truth is that you would loose but your gains should be more than your losses. Remember no perfect setups,I would advice you to understand price actions & patterns coupled with your major resistance and support. You would be fine trust me"
These are some very sound ideas. I'll make sure to take these serious. Thanks so much for the support! You can't imagine how important it is for me!  I'll have to read more about price action, but yeah, looks like the levels of support and resistance are one of the important keys to success.  Also, the interesting things I recently learnt are the Bollinger bands and Andrews Pitchfork drawing tool. Has anyone tried using those?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 06:38:49 PM by 2cuteEssence »

Offline Nuadagas

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2020, 04:37:43 PM »
That doesn't matter what drawing tools or charting methods you use. You can pick any of your choice.
From what I know Andrews pitchfork is kinda about chanels, which involves trading along with the trend. That's a good idea if you need my opinion. Not exactly sure about the Bollinger Bands. As I said before, anything can work, just make sure that you have a decent risk to reward ratio in every trade, and at the same time manage the daily risks and overall risks. Like if you have a daily loss limit of $100, don't trade after you've lost that amount. Tat is the MOST important thing that can save your deposit one day.     

Online drunkfx

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 07:22:37 AM »
Hi everyone!
I have some savings that I want to invest in something. Firstly thought about making bank deposit, but the profits are too low + I want to do something, not just wait for money. So I got interested in trading Forex. Currently I'm looking for proper brokerage, AAFX seems to be the best choice with clear trading conditions. Did anyone have any business with this brokerage?
Also, what do you think about forex at all, can I earn there if I'll spend 4-5 hours for trading and will learn fast?

It's a good broker but there are other brokers with better execution and spreads. The rule of thumb is to trade with several brokers to compare them and find the best conditions.

Offline 2cuteEssence

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 11:22:56 AM »
Hi everyone!

It's a good broker but there are other brokers with better execution and spreads. The rule of thumb is to trade with several brokers to compare them and find the best conditions.

Thanks, good point!

That doesn't matter what drawing tools or charting methods you use. You can pick any of your choice.
From what I know Andrews pitchfork is kinda about chanels, which involves trading along with the trend. That's a good idea if you need my opinion. Not exactly sure about the Bollinger Bands. As I said before, anything can work, just make sure that you have a decent risk to reward ratio in every trade, and at the same time manage the daily risks and overall risks. Like if you have a daily loss limit of $100, don't trade after you've lost that amount. Tat is the MOST important thing that can save your deposit one day.   

Thanks a lot. Guess you are talking about tilt, speaking of daily risks. To tell the truth I'm not that worried about it so far.
The idea with a decent risk to reward ration is interesting. I've hard it before and I believe that statistically it really makes sense.
Have funded my account already by the way ;)

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Your biggest nightmare in trading by drunkfx
[Today at 07:22:20 AM]

Re: EUR/USD by drunkfx
[Today at 07:21:05 AM]

Re: How to choose a broker? by drunkfx
[Today at 07:20:14 AM]

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 11:56:27 PM]

Re: forex cyborg by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 09:30:02 PM]