collapse

Author Topic: Stock Trader Pro (via mql5.com)  (Read 4236 times)

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
Re: Stock Trader Pro (via mql5.com)
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2020, 11:16:59 AM »
You have a good rating at forum, so I can install EA at demo for u at my server, if you share here monitoring. I sure, it will be interesting for all Donna's users.

Thank you for the offer, but I am not sure what you are offering exactly? I believe I can install the free demo test version myself through mql5.com?

"normal account size" different for different brokers: if the broker have a minimal volume per trade 10 shares, so normal size nearly 5000-10000 (10 000 for expensive shares like GOOGL and AMZN) for normal risk.

I have an account with Admiral Markets and they have a minimum of only 1 (in some cases even less I believe), and you can even trade US stocks without commissions for now (not sure if they will keep that forever).

For now a correlation between demo and live over 90%, so any problems :)

I understand. And maybe my question was not very clearly worded, but what I meant was if you backtest over the same period that you have live results for now, what is the correlation there?

1. mql5.com Demo can be used only at Strategy Tester. It cannot be used at Demo account.

2. Yes, for current period were only few trades and at Tester I have the same trades as at Live, so correlation is 1 to 1. I said 90%, because at the distance it can be lower - it's impossible have 1 to 1 at longterm.

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2020, 11:42:23 AM »
1. mql5.com Demo can be used only at Strategy Tester. It cannot be used at Demo account.

Oh, OK! I did not realise. In that case, yes I would like to take that offer and make it public for the people here to see.

2. Yes, for current period were only few trades and at Tester I have the same trades as at Live, so correlation is 1 to 1. I said 90%, because at the distance it can be lower - it's impossible have 1 to 1 at longterm.

Thanks for that. Good to know the correlation is high so far.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2020, 12:07:47 PM »

Oh, OK! I did not realise. In that case, yes I would like to take that offer and make it public for the people here to see.

Thanks for that. Good to know the correlation is high so far.

Contact with me via pm

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2020, 12:46:27 PM »
By the way, are you trading different portfolios on the myfxbooks account from the first post? Seeing as the one is in profit and the other in loss on the same period, and they have traded different stocks.

Yes, 2 monitoring have a different portfolios. At Admiral markets MT5 version with the Moderate portfolio and risk x1.5 (M15 + H1). At Darwinex Demo MT4 version with the H1 Conservative presets for MT4 (I will port it to MT5 soon, because results are really cool) and begin Live tests for it.

So is it the M15 ones that caused most of the losses? My bet would be that the H1 ones do better and I saw there are H4 ones as well, which may do better still.

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2020, 07:47:19 PM »
By the way, are you trading different portfolios on the myfxbooks account from the first post? Seeing as the one is in profit and the other in loss on the same period, and they have traded different stocks.

Yes, 2 monitoring have a different portfolios. At Admiral markets MT5 version with the Moderate portfolio and risk x1.5 (M15 + H1). At Darwinex Demo MT4 version with the H1 Conservative presets for MT4 (I will port it to MT5 soon, because results are really cool) and begin Live tests for it.

So is it the M15 ones that caused most of the losses? My bet would be that the H1 ones do better and I saw there are H4 ones as well, which may do better still.

I found out myself now that the answer is yes.

However, I also did the visual backtests and found out that the M15s backtest much better than I would have expected. And the H4s much worse. Intriguing.

Have you looked at the daily time frame as a possibility?

Also, I am a bit concerned over-optimisation might play a role here, given the amount of indicators that seem to be involved. Although the H1 forward test has shown it not to be an immediate problem. I guess time will tell.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2020, 03:45:32 PM »

I found out myself now that the answer is yes.

However, I also did the visual backtests and found out that the M15s backtest much better than I would have expected. And the H4s much worse. Intriguing.

Have you looked at the daily time frame as a possibility?

Also, I am a bit concerned over-optimisation might play a role here, given the amount of indicators that seem to be involved. Although the H1 forward test has shown it not to be an immediate problem. I guess time will tell.

H4 and Daily have a small number of trades. I don't want to use it at the moment. Better H1 and M15. Overfitting is a problem for all systems, but i made optimizations since 2013-2014 year. I think, worst case is a stagnation for the system.

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2020, 02:41:48 PM »
OK, so we have set up a small live test account of mine which will be running the MT4 version ported to MT5 (for reasons ivanvp can explain better than I).

Link for all to follow:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/FLechdrop/stock-trader-pro-live-test/6421703

« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 10:23:43 AM by FLechdrop »

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2020, 10:40:25 AM »
OK, so we have set up a small live test account of mine which will be running the MT4 version ported to MT5 (for reasons ivanvp can explain better than I).

Link for all to follow:

MT4 and MT5 always were the same :) Here are PRESETS from MT4 ported to MT5, because for MT5 I optimized presets separately, however, I am not satisfied with their work.

Unfortunately, once again the Strategy Tester in MT5 shows a picture that is completely different from the real one. Therefore, I decided to do the old-fashioned way: optimize on MT4 and use the resulting sets on MT4 and MT5.

In addition, I will close my account at Admiral Markets and open a new one with a portfolio similar to FLechdrop. I use the same portfolio on the Darwinex Demo and I very satisfied with the results:

Also, at the moment I have maken discount for the system - $750.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2020, 03:39:53 PM »
I am surprised how much the MT5 Strategy Tester differs from Real for long-term trading. Indicators for older TFs are not built correctly. I do not want to take risks and therefore I transfer all accounts to a set of sets that has been optimized on MT4 because of reliability and security.

I am using it at my Darwinex account (MT4):

Also I am using this are presets at FLechdrop account (MT5):

For the period of use on both accounts (MT4 and MT5), the trades are absolutely identical!

Offline goodexp

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2020, 01:30:50 PM »
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/PeregrimEA/stock-trader-pro-cons-h1/5513107

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/PeregrimEA/stock-trader-pro/6057938

why the demo make profit but in real account loss?and opening orders have some differents?
it not the same setting?

Offline Megabot

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2020, 05:10:24 PM »
What is the stop-loss and TP set up on this?

Do you have backtest for November 2018- present?

Thanks

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2020, 09:31:58 PM »
What is the stop-loss and TP set up on this?

Do you have backtest for November 2018- present?

Thanks

Hi, Stop Loss - 5% of the share price. Take Profit 5-10% - for different shares different level of TP because some of them much more volatility.

At attachments backtests since 2008 year since present (Darwinex history data).

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2020, 09:39:03 PM »
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/PeregrimEA/stock-trader-pro-cons-h1/5513107

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/PeregrimEA/stock-trader-pro/6057938

why the demo make profit but in real account loss?and opening orders have some differents?
it not the same setting?

It's old Live account with the presets, which have been optimized via MT5. There was a chaos with the M15 presets. After observation, the results of the MT5 strategy tester were completely different from the live execution. So I have ported presets from MT4 version to MT5. At the same time, the results of the MT4 strategy tester completely coincide with the results of Real trading on MT4 and MT5 (transactions between MT4 and MT5 are identical).

I opened a new account with the same settings as the Darwinex account, but did not add it to MyFxBook. At the moment, the same settings are using at FLechdrop account, so you can check it:

So, at the moment, settings for MT4 and MT5 are the same. MT5 has a problem with building long-term indicators on higher timeframes and because of this, the Tester has problems and strong differences with the real. For tests it is better to use the MT4 version.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 09:40:56 PM by ivanvp »

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2020, 12:03:58 PM »
Dear friends,

I want to present you a new version of EA - Stock Trader Pro v.1.1. At the new version are fully updates presets. At the moment there are available 2 presets packs:

Standard Mode Presets Pack:

This is a Speculative Mode - Classic trading. The system opens deals for the purchase of shares at the optimal price with a fixed value of SL and TP and accompanies the deals. In this mode, trading in shares of the following companies is available:

• AAPL, AMZN, AXP, CAT, GOOGL, IBM, JMP, KMB, MA, MCD, MMM, MSFT, NFLX, NKE, ORCL, PEP, SBUX, V

Hedge Fund Mode Presets Pack:

This is a new operating mode designed for long-term investment and capital accumulation. The main idea of this mode: Buy and Hold. In this set of settings, trades are opened on dips without SL, and they are closed by TP or Trailing Stop. Thus, there are always open trades and a floating drawdown is possible.

This mode of operation has a similar principle to the work of Hedge Funds and therefore received this name. Trading is carried out in shares of the following companies:

• AAPL, AMD, AMZN, AXP, BA, CAT, CL, DIS, FB, GOOGL, INTC, JNJ, JPM, KMB, MA, MCD, MMM, MSFT, NFLX, NKE, ORCL, PEP, PFE, PG, SBUX, TWTR, V, VZ, WMT

Both modes of operation are designed for long-term trading in the US Stock Market and long-term investment. It is recommended to use both sets of settings on separate trading accounts.

MT4 version: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/40831
MT5 version: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/36161

Myfxbook accounts:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/PeregrimEA/stock-trader-pro/6791230
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/PeregrimEA/stock-trader-pro-darwinex/5513107
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/PeregrimEA/stock-trader-pro-hedge-mode/6791468

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: forex cyborg by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 11:59:00 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 02:53:03 PM]