collapse

Author Topic: Blessing EA  (Read 83950 times)

Offline peterc005

Blessing EA
« on: June 21, 2010, 10:49:17 AM »
Has anyone here used the Blessing EA?

It is upto version 3 and seems to be well supported and upto date.

The back tests look solid, without being a scam.

I've loaded it on a live account with a small lot size to see how it goes.

Offline peterc005

Re: Blessing EA
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 11:04:02 AM »
The web site for Blessing is http://www.jtatoday.com/

Offline Hansen

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 02:23:12 PM »
G'day Peter ;)

The EA's development is basically "housed" here:

http://www.forex-tsd.com/martingale-average-cost-hedging/23836-blessing-3-a.html

There is a lot to read. I haven't tested this EA but it might be good.

Offline peterc005

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 02:39:04 PM »
Hi,

I'm sick of cheap and nasty $97 EAs and am instead looking for EAs that have a track record and good heritage.

Blessing is looking good, so I'm running it live with a small lot size to see how it works.

My only concern is that it seems to use a grid strategy, which is unlikely to work in the current markets conditions where the EURUSD has broken outside of any range and could head anywhere.

Offline richdad711

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 02:40:12 PM »
here you go guys, been demo testing since 12th June. just ignore those trades with SL and TP, they were for Fapturbo Scalper

http://www.mt4i.com/users/richdadb3v376

Offline peterc005

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 03:35:14 PM »
If I'm reading your statement correctly, Blessing 3 is looking pretty sexy?

Offline richdad711

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 01:38:04 AM »
yes peter, it's pretty sexy. you might have already noticed, for 21st June alone, it has banked a total of 230+ pips...

Offline peterc005

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 12:23:50 PM »
Blessing did something very strange tonight.

I was running it on a live account, using small lots. There were a dozen or so Blessing positions open, and a few from other EAs as well. The total DD was less than 20% of the account.

Blessing didn't like this, and closed all positions on the account, not just the Blessing ones. Never seen an EA do this before.

Offline Hansen

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 12:30:34 PM »

I was running it on a live account, using small lots. There were a dozen or so Blessing positions open, and a few from other EAs as well. The total DD was less than 20% of the account.

Blessing didn't like this, and closed all positions on the account, not just the Blessing ones. Never seen an EA do this before.

Sounds a bit odd, Peter -
Try posting about this on the forex-tsd forum thread for blessing - it's a very long tested system so I'd expect someone has experienced it before ???

Kind regards

Jacob.

Offline richdad711

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 12:37:28 PM »
that's not good peter, am still on demo.

http://www.mt4i.com/users/richdadb3v376

using this setting and only one direction

B3T = true
FMC = 1
UseAnyEntry = false
MA = 1
CCI = 1

the rest, loaded from preset files

Offline dlewisfl

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 04:22:50 PM »

I've seen it before.  If the code doesn't check the Magic Number properly when closing orders, it can close orders not related to the EA.  I looked quickly at the source and it appears they check Magic Number when closing positions.  I didn't dig too deep but if the function they use to close orders gets called with an incorrect "type", or checks the wrong Magic Number (they use different ones for different situations), I could see how it could close everything.  A quick glance of calls to the function showed it's always called with a valid type.

The EA prints a message to the Experts tab stating how many positions were closed and why they were closed, you may want to have that info handy when trying to find out why it closed all positions.

Offline peterc005

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »
The Blessing EA flashed up a few Message Boxes "... Equity Level ...", which is stupid because there was plenty of equity and the DD and margin were only about 20%

One other interesting thing happened as well.

Blessing would open a EURUSD deal, close it, then open it again. It repeated about a dozen times until I stopped the EA on that pair. I've seen this happen before with both a commercial EA and one I wrote and I suspect MT4 has a bug related to the OpenOrder() function.

Anyway, I have a theory now (after Blessing and God's Gift) to avoid EAs with religious associations - if they rely on divine intervention to work it's best not to run them live.

Offline dlewisfl

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 06:03:07 PM »
The Blessing EA flashed up a few Message Boxes "... Equity Level ...", which is stupid because there was plenty of equity and the DD and margin were only about 20%

One other interesting thing happened as well.

Blessing would open a EURUSD deal, close it, then open it again. It repeated about a dozen times until I stopped the EA on that pair. I've seen this happen before with both a commercial EA and one I wrote and I suspect MT4 has a bug related to the OpenOrder() function.

Anyway, I have a theory now (after Blessing and God's Gift) to avoid EAs with religious associations - if they rely on divine intervention to work it's best not to run them live.

Always best to run them on demo, first, to test their stability.

I'm assuming you mean the OrderSend function as there is no OpenOrder function in MT4.  I haven't seen a problem with it (other than it returning a timeout status after successfully opening an order).  The continuous opening and closing of orders seems to me to be programmer error, not an MT4 bug.

Did you look in Experts tab to see why it closed the open positions?

Offline DaveL

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 07:41:28 PM »
hi Peter

what was the problem with gods gift?
The last version of GG-ATR has sorted the interference and allows to run in portfolio mode, I've not had any issues with it since then...

Dave
starting over...

Offline Hansen

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »
the issue you mention with opening and closing positions rapidly after one another could be because the conditions for opening a trade and then closing the open trade are too close to each other.
Then again, that sounds strange as Blessing is a grid trader (please correct me if I am wrong about this - haven't studed the code actually).

browse forum