collapse

Author Topic: Blessing EA  (Read 85564 times)

Offline Hansen

Re: Blessing EA
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 08:26:06 PM »
to add to the discussion, people are really ecstatic about blessing over at the forex tsd thread here "http://www.forex-tsd.com/martingale-average-cost-hedging/23836-blessing-3-a-192.html"
So, I guess some setting or something may be wrong, peter.
Curious issue... Wonder if blessing is supposed to be able to be traded with other experts ???

Offline peterc005

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 01:05:07 AM »
I thought Blessing seemed a pretty safe bet after reading that forum.

It seems to have some safety switch functionality that closes everything at a certain point. I guess this is to avoid blowing the whole account using martingale.

Offline richdad711

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 03:05:19 AM »
yes, it runs pretty well with other EAs on the same platform and not having the same issue.

i am using Blessing3, Retracer and FapTurbo Scalper

on my stats, all AUDNZD orders (1 closed and 3 open) are for Retracer.

Offline forexforever

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 07:58:43 PM »
this Ea is pretty cool eh. i have been trying to get a steady performance sine 2000 til today with small DD. i havent run optimisation cause theres a 1000 settings just understanding how they change the performance. i like to get the profit to be at least 3 times more than the DD over that period of time i ran the backtest. if anyone has done that on any pairs please let me know the settings. i have nearly got it on usd/jpy so far and eur/usd.

Offline richdad711

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 12:21:20 AM »
i have it setup on 6 pairs

EURCHF, EURUSD, USDCHF, GBPJPY, GBPUSD and just recently with AUDNZD (same pair for Retracer)

Offline forexforever

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 10:46:59 AM »
i have it setup on 6 pairs

EURCHF, EURUSD, USDCHF, GBPJPY, GBPUSD and just recently with AUDNZD (same pair for Retracer)

hey richdad,

curious to what settings you are using on these pairs? are you using the set files on the website for eur/usd, and gbp/usd?

how come you are not using usd/jpy aswell?

Offline richdad711

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 11:50:11 AM »
i might add USD/JPY as well to have a Lucky 7 setup.

loaded the set files and applied below settings

B3Traditional = true
ForceMarketCondition = 1
UseAnyEntry = false
MAentry = 1
CCIentry = 1

so it's only trading one direction...SELL/SHORT

Offline kara

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 07:07:56 PM »
Hi richdad711

Where can get the set files  ???  any chance of sharing them  ;)

Offline richdad711

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 01:11:04 AM »
Hi Kara
Set files can be downloaded from www.jtatoday.com

Offline forexforever

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 06:38:08 AM »
hi richdad,

the only problem i have with the set files is they cant survive a 10 year backtest. actually they might but since there is a limit of 10 trades in the sequence at one point it goes into DD and stays there for 3 years. all my tests have been to find a practial solution for 10 years with 15 trades that dont stay in DD for more than a few months. i have got usd/jpy and gbp/usd done so far, struggling with eur/usd.

i will start a demo with my settings on those 2 pairs and add the other if and when i find dettings i like.

Offline richdad711

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 02:13:29 AM »
hi richdad,

the only problem i have with the set files is they cant survive a 10 year backtest. actually they might but since there is a limit of 10 trades in the sequence at one point it goes into DD and stays there for 3 years. all my tests have been to find a practial solution for 10 years with 15 trades that dont stay in DD for more than a few months. i have got usd/jpy and gbp/usd done so far, struggling with eur/usd.

i will start a demo with my settings on those 2 pairs and add the other if and when i find dettings i like.

since you are running on demo, do include EURUSD. for the last 2 weeks, i have a total of 15 trades of which 3 got stopped out (dynamic SL)

Offline forexforever

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 05:07:47 AM »
richdad hows your blessing EA treating you? i have got a few more pairs on my demo now, its a slower earner for me, but i hope i have the slow but steady and safe account growth. in a week its made 448 and its at its biggest DD with -1200. i designed this to trade on a 40,000 account iming for around 50% growth per year. So far its on track with 450 per week x 52 = 23,400. lets see if its continues and doesnt DD to much.

Offline richdad711

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 12:50:30 PM »
currently, i have a DD of just 74 on 1000 account and was stopped out recently on AUDNZD

here's my stats, http://www.mt4i.com/users/richdadb3v376/stats

it's been a month and seems like a green light to me to go live with b3.

Offline saboteur

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2010, 12:59:50 PM »
If you are running on a fairly small account even with small lot sizes it seems to completely tank after a while?  I guess this is Martingale probability biting back?

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 10:48:26 AM »
That's my experience. The martingale makes this EA a ticking timebomb. I want so desperately to love the EA, but every time I run it, the account blows up within just a couple of months. Without a huge captial amount (think 5 - 10k per pair) and very low risk/reward, it's just too scary. Plus the long DD periods it gets into..I dunno. I just can't bring myself to use it live.

browse forum