collapse

Author Topic: KangarooEA - TulipFX  (Read 380885 times)

Offline robl45

Re: KangarooEA - TulipFX
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 03:35:11 PM »
any updates on this, how is the live test going?

Offline ronny

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 01:46:43 AM »
Not trading frequently enough to cover cost of subscription.

Offline sparkz

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 01:24:06 AM »
I'm also trying out a subscription although only on a demo account. I've currently got the same open trade as hawkfx.

It's a shame the trades are so infrequent but I guess that all part of the filtering. More trades and we'd probably get more losses.

Looking at the demo trade history on http://www.myfxbook.com/members/TulipFX/kangarooea/56195 one thing I do find odd is the 7 trades for 0.45 lots on the 27th.October at 07:58. They were all closed in the same minute at a small loss but WTH was going on there? I can't think of any redeeming logic behind it and hope if it was a bug it's been fixed.

I also notice that they are a few similar trades, at least these are individual ones, which are opened and closed in the same minute for a small loss. Anyone hazard a guess as to what's going on there? It seems a too small interval and price movement to make any judgement. Is there some cunning scalping logic behind it?

Edit: Actually I got a very helpful email from Ozzie the developer. It seems the trades on the 27th were a bug and have been fixed. Consequently they don't appear in backtests. There's some talk about it on http://eareview.net/640/scalping/kangarooea.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:07:56 AM by sparkz »
Mark

Offline robl45

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 02:06:05 AM »
5 trades opened now on the account listed here, now draw down is like 4 times the profit made.  wonder how it turns out.

Online petermatt

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 06:14:06 AM »
5 trades opened now on the account listed here, now draw down is like 4 times the profit made.  wonder how it turns out.

I'm not too sure what you mean. Their Live account has a gain of 2.85% and a Drawdown of 1.6% and no trades opened?
I must be missing something?

Online donnaforex

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 07:31:02 AM »
I've had this one on test for a short while: http://www.mt4i.com/users/donnaforexkan I'm planning to add it to the newsletter this week. Vendors are very responsive and happy to explain/engage in what i call 'proper' email communication (more than just a one line answer) which is always a good sign.
Follow DonnaForex on Facebook and Twitter.

If you need to contact me, email admin@donnaforex.com or Skype 'donnaforex' or PM via the forum.

Offline TulipFX

• Commercial Member
  • By traders, for traders.
    • TulipFX
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 07:36:22 AM »

Hi everyone. Glad to see you discussing the merits of our KangarooEA. I do not intend to impose in the argument for or against the virtues of the EA as you are all intelligent traders who can make your own decisions based on given evidence.

What I did pop in to post was that HawkFX's account has been behaving in an erroneous way in which we have never seen, nor had reported to us by other clients. We have asked for his logfile to see what is occurring. It seems like his broker might have been rejecting order modify commands which are vital in ensuring both the SL, TP and calculation of future trades.

On our portfolios and also on our live and demo tests the current short series which Hawk finds himself in did not occur. It was opened because it recognised the last long trade as a loss and its trading logic indicated that it should look for a short. The last long trade should not have been seperate from the others. This confused the logic in the KangarooEA.

Again in this short series the trades are not behaving properly viewing it via his myfxbook.com displayed account. Had they operated correctly the EA would have most likely have closed out the trades at a profit.

I hope that this explanation has been communicated without too much confusion.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/TulipFX/kangarooea/56195 is our official demo account.

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/kangarooea-small-live-c/68427 is a small live account to show that when operating live, it matches the longer term demo trades.

I will let everyone get back to the discussions now. Like I said I won't come on to argue people's opinions as opinions are (almost) always valid. I will check back time to time though, so if you have something you would like to directly ask and get an answer in a public forum please address it to me so I know you would like a reply.

Wishing everyone a happy festive season and a profitable 2011 :)

Ozzie @ TulipFX

Postscript: ExNess, the broker HawkFX is using, was the cause of the issue. Exness deliberately prevents multiple order modifications from being accepted by its servers. You can speculate about the motivation for this. Any properly operating broker will not have this issue.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 03:24:04 PM by TulipFX »

Offline robl45

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 12:18:13 PM »
i was looking at the one by hawkfx.  as Ozzie said,  it appears it is having issues.  Thats good and bad.  good because it means the EA still seems good in my book, bad because what if the EA messes up on my account?

I'm not too sure what you mean. Their Live account has a gain of 2.85% and a Drawdown of 1.6% and no trades opened?
I must be missing something?

Offline Tony4x

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 04:04:19 PM »
How's everyone doing with this EA? Can any subscribers confirm why the Developer's live/demo myfxbook account stops trading after Dec 16th?

Offline robl45

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »
i like this, but as I've told the developer, I'm not jumping in to something that hasn't traded in like 2 weeks.  i've asked twice that they might keep the intro pricing for a nother week or two so people can see it trade but keep getting a refusal so may need to pass on this one, its not exactly cheap with an upfront fee and then monthy fees which are in euros and their refund policy is almost impossible to get a refund.

Offline JJ-FX

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 05:09:05 PM »
How's everyone doing with this EA? Can any subscribers confirm why the Developer's live/demo myfxbook account stops trading after Dec 16th?

Due to market conditions the EA doesn't trade from December 22 to January 5.

Offline robl45

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 05:35:44 PM »

Due to market conditions the EA doesn't trade from December 22 to January 5.

Looking at the demo link, it didn't trade this week either.

Offline JJ-FX

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 06:21:08 PM »
On default the EA doesn't trade on Friday, so the only possible day to trade this week was Thursday.

I agree, that they should have put off the price increase to give people a chance to follow live trading for a few more days. At least the monthly fee will remain the same.

Offline deweymcg

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 08:15:53 PM »
I waited until now to buy this one because it does not trade between Dec 22nd and January 5th. I think this will be a real winner. They will be adding the EUR/USD pair shortly. It's worth taking some time to read the white paper they did explaining this robot so you understand the strategy.

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 08:22:38 PM »
Looking through the trading results in more detail this ea opens multiple positions (5 buys at 22.03 on 31st October with a total pips exposure of approx 3200 pips) with very wide stops which is a bit of a red flag for me. I prefer to have single position exposure at any one time and certainly not positions which could, if the worst happened, lead to an account wipe out. OK I hear you say this would be a very rare 'black swan' event; but as we all know these events do and will happen - usually after you have grown confident enough to up the stakes. ANY system using wide enough stops will show a great track record for a few months, possibly even a year or two, before the unexpected event catches up with it. In this particular case for that 3200 pip exposure the system clawed out 73 pips over 5 days - not the sort of R:R I would be looking for..

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: LEGEND by atomico
[Today at 04:18:02 PM]

Re: HotForex by pinoytrader
[Today at 01:01:09 PM]

Re: LEGEND by yshin
[Today at 12:22:37 AM]

Re: LEGEND by atomico
[Today at 12:04:43 AM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 10:46:40 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by oportunis
[Yesterday at 10:28:27 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 09:34:40 PM]

Re: Best Scalper by nwboater
[Yesterday at 03:08:15 PM]

Re: Best Quotes by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 03:03:23 PM]

Re: Best Scalper by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 01:12:25 PM]