collapse

Author Topic: KangarooEA - TulipFX  (Read 380736 times)

Offline CanadianPsycho

• Free markets are sexy
Re: KangarooEA - TulipFX
« Reply #2715 on: April 05, 2017, 08:27:41 AM »
I have been running the update version now in second week. Only on demo. Running both on AUDUSD and EURUSD both on default settings, although both settings the same. No trades on AUD yet. 3 small positive trades on USD. So, it is showing some +ve pips. Very early days to tell what will happen. But interesting to see it running again.

Hey melo, can you share the settings you're using with it? I can't seem to find any of my old set files so I assume they're lost forever, and disappointingly, it didn't come with a default reccomendation from Tulip.

Guess Tjalling said to just leave the settings as is for default so that's easy.

Kind of a neat throwback. I always liked this EA unlike some others here. Thinking I'll throw it on my live account running the AUD/USD pair at 0.5 risk for kicks. Never did like how it traded the EUR/USD.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 08:47:11 AM by CanadianPsycho »

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

« Reply #2716 on: April 05, 2017, 10:01:18 AM »
I lost money with the original and then again with the use of the adapter so I'm inclined not to run it again.  I think they noted that they were not providing any backtests and it was just a courtesy to allow original purchasers to run it again.

What does a backtest look like now?

Offline melo

« Reply #2717 on: April 05, 2017, 11:14:21 AM »
I had a look in my archives. The last version before the latest was v7.5.  Now they call it v11.0a
But there is no real differences in the settings. Only in the latest version they have opened up settings for news impact and news timing.
They stress they have not made any changes to hidden internal settings.

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #2718 on: April 11, 2017, 05:59:41 PM »
I also received my updated version but i am also unsure running it live again. Anybody has an myfxbook link with an real account running v11 ??

Offline melo

« Reply #2719 on: April 11, 2017, 06:08:21 PM »
Been running on demo account, but has not taken a single AUD trade on default settings in more than 3 weeks.

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #2720 on: April 11, 2017, 06:36:41 PM »
Been running on demo account, but has not taken a single AUD trade on default settings in more than 3 weeks.

Ok. Thanks for info. Keep us updated please.  :)

Offline CanadianPsycho

• Free markets are sexy
« Reply #2721 on: April 11, 2017, 07:35:57 PM »
Yeah, no hopping for me either since tossing it on last week. I do remember it being a rather infrequent trader.

Feel compelled to remind any users that it's offered to us with no guarantees or warranty of any sort. This is basically entertainment software.

Offline deathlord

« Reply #2722 on: April 11, 2017, 08:55:27 PM »
I am on the edge of tossing it again. I actually never really used it in the old days, because the copy protection was never working on my system.

I have received and started my copy the week before melo, lucky me :P. The result was a huge losing basket (20% loss for the entire account) in that week, so very bad timing (lucky me, as usually ;D) but a valuable lesson/reminder regarding its risk/reward ratio. And for what it's worth, Wally on GBPUSD with Recovery Mode is still worse than Kangaroo overall this year.

I still have other EAs that are able to compensate for Kangaroo and Wally, but it's of course better to just keep the gains produced by those EAs and not waste it for such bad risk/reward ratio.

Offline fxagua

« Reply #2723 on: January 13, 2019, 10:02:09 AM »
Where do i get this EA? How is the results now? I remember this EA (aud/usd only) is the one of the best commercial retail EA.

Offline informer

« Reply #2724 on: January 14, 2019, 11:51:16 AM »
No Longer available ....

browse forum

* Recent Posts