collapse

Author Topic: What risk per trade should I go with?  (Read 35383 times)

Offline tau

Re: What risk per trade should I go with?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2015, 08:12:30 AM »
hii  guys ..
there is risk in all type of trade but the greater the risk = greater profits .if we want  profits  we have to  take some risk .
thank you.

Offline Manish Kumar

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 08:40:06 AM »
According to my experience, Before you place and trade you need to watch news first about currency first to avoid such high risk. 
Don't save what is left after spending; spend what is left after saving.

Offline equityfx

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2015, 06:11:19 AM »
Quote from: tau link=msg=336631 date=1428909150

hii  guys ..
there is risk in all type of trade but the greater the risk = greater profits .if we want  profits  we have to  take some risk .
thank you.

You are right the business principe are same that is the higher risk mean higher reward , but ideally in management we a business must have how to get optimum return but minimize the risk of loss ,  its expectations for all trader . although can not reach that but at least we can minimize the risk of loss

Offline Copper

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2015, 11:53:07 PM »
most pros don't go above 1% per trade.  Their are a multitude of reasons but it is a good rule of thumb not to blow up account. 

Offline indicator

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2015, 05:27:38 AM »
The risk will vary from trader to trader, some remain restricted to 2% of their account equity. But overall you have to see that the amount you are risking per trade is enough that you can easily afford to lose.

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2015, 06:24:02 AM »
2% is a common figure, I always found the larger question intriguing:
MONEY MANAGEMENT

Money Management as a topic is much more than just "how much % risk"?
Ryan Jones did a super cool book on it a while back....all kinds of variations out there
When you quote "2%" or any "X%" you are talking about a money management method called "fixed fractional" and it relates to position sizing, but there are many other methods, fixed ratio, optimalF, a whole bunch.
http://www.forexfusion.com
stop gambling. start trading.

Offline fxstorm

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2015, 08:27:49 AM »
I think that up to 5% per trade is a risk easy to handle, although of course it all depends on the trading style of each trader.

Offline equityfx

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2015, 11:01:04 PM »
Quote from: fxstorm link=msg=339883 date=1431329269

I think that up to 5% per trade is a risk easy to handle, although of course it all depends on the trading style of each trader.

I don't think if risk percentage above of 5% pertrade the risk can be handled easily . no matter scalping style or use swing trade style . its will be better when trade use lower than that percentage

Offline hybrid

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2015, 05:16:38 AM »
It is not necessary as we think or plan market move according to it , Your risk is determined by lot size. Select small lots you can then choose SL and TP on high pips. Your risk will low  if you loose and profit alsol ow if you win. You can choose up to 2% risk on a trade.

Offline indicator

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2015, 08:54:23 AM »
A trader knows his limits,  you should not risk a great amount on your single trade. I have fixed amount in USD that I risk per trade and trade a certain number of order at a time.

Offline hybrid

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2015, 03:45:09 PM »
Yes traders should know his limits and fix amount how much he will use in trading and how much he can loose or take something. I use $10 in one trade because I had  not much amount in my capital . If I loose this money it will not bad for me . I can make some $ of profits in favorable market.

Offline Forexrider

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2015, 05:23:10 AM »
Quote from: Schneider link=msg=79623 date=1300966302

I can handle 100% drawdown as will trade with money a can lose and everything will be ok.

But its always best not to go to such deeper levels of drawdowns because the stop outs that may occur. You have started with decent money from which you can certainly profit. Your leverage is also good enough. Risk less than 5% should be ideal for you.

Offline indicator

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2015, 05:29:34 AM »
The amount which you can easily lose per trade is the amount you should risk on every trade. Or if you are planning to open multiple trades then you should divide that amount in those trades.

Offline hybrid

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2015, 07:32:32 AM »
As we are ready to trade first thing that we should keep in mind is risk too. We have to take such risk which is easy to bear if we had loss . I take less than 2% risk on each trading. When close one position the open another one so that I will not use much money from my account in trading.

Offline bruce_knee

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2015, 01:25:29 PM »
The risk should be minimal let's say - 2%- 3% of your total account or if you have for example $1000 in your account - $20/30 is enough risk to take per trade. I recommend opening lower leverage 1:1 and trading on higher graphics so that your risk is even more minimized

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Archer Asset Management by F1Maniac
[Today at 05:31:27 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by namrfigk
[Today at 05:26:25 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by namrfigk
[Today at 05:23:39 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by petersurrey
[Today at 05:19:20 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by Nasdaq100
[Today at 05:00:33 AM]