collapse

Author Topic: Wall Street Forex Robot  (Read 1535111 times)

Offline flamenco

• You think education is expensive try being stupid!
Re: Wall Street Forex Robot
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 12:01:14 AM »

backtest the default settings - is it in line with the published results?

Good suggestion!  I'll try that. ::)
It is not the man who has the most that is wealthy, but the one who needs the least!

Online compujock

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 05:06:13 AM »
Good suggestion!  I'll try that. ::)
Any results yet?

Offline flamenco

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 11:37:48 AM »
Any results yet?
[/quote]

Well - a quick (yeah -right) backtest from Jan 1 to present of the 4 pairs they recommend trading using default settings produced the following results. (but we all know how accurate backtesting can be).  Results to me were like always throwing your pocket change into a large jar when you come home from the store.  After a few months they do add up - but oh so slowly.
G/U 226 pips
E/U 96 pips
U/J 90 pips
U/CHF 191 pips
It is not the man who has the most that is wealthy, but the one who needs the least!

Offline wallstreet.forex.robot

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 12:55:35 PM »
I bought this today.  Their User's Guide is a complete nightmare to make sense out of.  About 17 different settings you can tweak, with only a brief explanation (usually only a sentence) of what the setting does, but no further info on how to use them.  Been waiting over 12 hours for a response from their 'support team' so I don't have the faintest idea whether to use default settings or what.  At this rate it's going to take me 30 days just to get it up and running to try and duplicate their reported success.  ???

Would you please, tell us, the ID number of your support ticket! By our opinion all settings are explained very well.
This is the official donnaforex profile of the WallStreet Forex Robot team. If you have support issues or questions, please use our support system, because we cannot guarantee we will be able to monitor our topics in donnaforex all the time.

Offline Bunyip101

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2011, 04:22:18 PM »
I bought this today.  Their User's Guide is a complete nightmare to make sense out of.  About 17 different settings you can tweak, with only a brief explanation (usually only a sentence) of what the setting does, but no further info on how to use them.  Been waiting over 12 hours for a response from their 'support team' so I don't have the faintest idea whether to use default settings or what.  At this rate it's going to take me 30 days just to get it up and running to try and duplicate their reported success.  ???

Hi all !

I've been running a stress test on each market with 10% money mangement enabled.  All the results seem inline with their published results, furthermore the testing drawdown ranged between 30-45% over 12 years (you'll note the USD/CHF pair backtest on their site is only from 2006 prior to this it went nowhere), and the profits came out at anywhere from 50% to 100% per market per year.  At a glance most periods of 'significant' drawdown were not happening simultaneously, and when running the four markets together the profits should be excellent.

All that said, it is only backtesting!

Offline flamenco

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 05:35:15 PM »
Would you please, tell us, the ID number of your support ticket! By our opinion all settings are explained very well.
[/quote]
My question was answered nicely in 24 hours by your support team.  Actually the amount of time I had to wait for a response was not unreasonable, as sometimes I have had to wait 2 or 3 days for a response from others.  But I DO still take issue about your opinion that your User's Guide explains your settings 'very well'.  Maybe they do to you because you developed them so you know how they work, but for someone not connected to your team, especially newbees, most make little sense at all - by MY opinion. All I'm saying is that for the price I paid for this robot I expected more clarity about using the various settings than the seller gives.  Anyway, right now I'm running the robot on 2 demos, one default settings and the other with 10% MM.  So far the robot looks pretty positive, even if results aren't going to make me a millionaire overnight!   ;)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 06:16:15 PM by flamenco143 »

Offline kjen17

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2011, 08:19:46 PM »
Hi all !

I've been running a stress test on each market with 10% money mangement enabled.  All the results seem inline with their published results, furthermore the testing drawdown ranged between 30-45% over 12 years (you'll note the USD/CHF pair backtest on their site is only from 2006 prior to this it went nowhere), and the profits came out at anywhere from 50% to 100% per market per year.  At a glance most periods of 'significant' drawdown were not happening simultaneously, and when running the four markets together the profits should be excellent.

@bunyip

thanks for the info - what was the SL on your backtest?

Offline Bunyip101

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 05:46:06 AM »
Hi all !

@bunyip

thanks for the info - what was the SL on your backtest?

120 pips, which was their default.  It also had a take profit max of 50 pips, also their default.  Out of interest sake, the average ratio showed up as about 3 wins to cover 1 loss with 75% winners on the Euro, 2:1 on the JPY and 1.5:1 on the GBP.  The 120 pip stop loss was rarely hit, and when it was it appeared to be when the market was volatile, so there were quite a few 50 pip profits to regain lost ground quickly.

One of my concerns was running the markets simultaneously, but i've noticed on my account it slightly reduces lot sizes when opening a second trade at the same time (i'm assuming this is based on margin, but not sure yet), so it would appear the account should be protected from large drawdown in that fashion.

So far it seems pretty solid, I'm keen to see if it can perform as well in live testing as backtesting. I'm hopeful as their live demos look in line, but being skeptical I want to see the pips in my account not theirs!  ;)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:05:24 AM by Bunyip101 »

Offline trader_john

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 08:04:37 AM »
When the SL is 120 pips how it come that other reported floating trades with up to 300 pips under water?

Also, the average profit is 9.45 pips which means the risk reward ratio is 12.69 : 1.00. (Number taken from their myfxbook page)

Offline robl45

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 12:41:54 PM »
if they can't show backtests with moneymanagement, this isn't worth talking about.  fixed 1 lot backtests, what a joke. thats an easy way to make performance look better and reduce drawdown.

Offline wallstreet.forex.robot

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 01:13:33 PM »
if they can't show backtests with moneymanagement, this isn't worth talking about.  fixed 1 lot backtests, what a joke. thats an easy way to make performance look better and reduce drawdown.

You can check the stress test year by year with 10% risk, published in page 1 on this thread. If we show a 12-years backtest with AutoMM=10%, people like you will crucify us. Honestly, I think that the most opinions here are too negative and prejudiced.
This is the official donnaforex profile of the WallStreet Forex Robot team. If you have support issues or questions, please use our support system, because we cannot guarantee we will be able to monitor our topics in donnaforex all the time.

Offline dkmillion

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2011, 01:25:14 PM »
I think people who don't like scalpers should stay away from this thread!  Spend your time on something more worthwhile in stead of criticism.  The EA is performing well so far on the live account and only time will tell if this is sustainable.  I thank Wall Street Forex Robot who have the courage to come to this forum!

Offline robl45

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2011, 04:14:30 PM »
then don't show it at 10%, do 5% or 2% or whatever, but using fixed lots is misleading for so many reasons.  it looks interesting, wish i could check it out but no RAR unzipper on work computer, any chance you could attach .zip files?

You can check the stress test year by year with 10% risk, published in page 1 on this thread. If we show a 12-years backtest with AutoMM=10%, people like you will crucify us. Honestly, I think that the most opinions here are too negative and prejudiced.

Offline NedimHad

• Real Trading, No Gambling
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 07:08:31 PM »
I have bought Wallstreet Forex EA too.

I started it immediately with my live account which I use to test new EAs under real market conditions and had my first 10 pip winner with Cable. Time will tell if it will perform like in the backtests.

I agree the manuals is not giving much and the default setting is not having a SL or TP. So I am wondering how it came up that the default setting ist at 120 SL and TP 50.

Its no rocket science, profitable trading is the right balance between greed and fear!

Offline flamenco

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2011, 07:57:39 PM »

Honestly, I think that the most opinions here are too negative and prejudiced.
[/quote]

I'm a little surprised you are so thin skinned when it comes to suspicion and negative comments.  First off - this is NOT a negative posting though you may deem it so.  Other than a nasty 50 pip MM loser on U/CHF I am confident that this robot can and will perform well.  My demos in default and 10% MM are actually doing OK.

What surprises me is (with your stated group of expert traders and programmers who developed this robot) you seem unaware that many traders have so frequently fallen through the 'thin ice' by other seller's stats and promises of a profitable EA.  After all - isn't that the primary reason you developed the Wall Street Robot?  Forums such as this is what will attract buyers to your robot.  If the negative comments turn out to be untrue the positive comments will override them.  Give us a chance to post our concerns and worries and let us (or you) address them so we can all learn! :-*

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Archer Asset Management by F1Maniac
[Today at 05:31:27 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by namrfigk
[Today at 05:26:25 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by namrfigk
[Today at 05:23:39 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by petersurrey
[Today at 05:19:20 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by Nasdaq100
[Today at 05:00:33 AM]