collapse

Author Topic: Wall Street Forex Robot  (Read 1444719 times)

Online nwboater

Re: Wall Street Forex Robot
« Reply #7035 on: August 30, 2018, 01:44:21 PM »
Hi Wall Street,

What risk settings do you use on your reference account  https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexwallstreet/wallstreet-20-evolution-real/2498506

Thank you,
Rod
EA's (All run on separate accounts):
Wall Street EVO & Cyborg
On Hold: Best Free Scalper,  Best Scalper & WS Trend Detector

Signal: Hans Trend 2 Beta (On hold until new version)

Darwinex: Portfolio of 12 Darwins

Broker: AxiTrader
VPS's: Amazon EC2
Rebates: HFT Group

Offline Anchorpoint

• Position sizing is the key
« Reply #7036 on: August 30, 2018, 04:23:57 PM »
Hi Wall Street,

What risk settings do you use on your reference account  https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexwallstreet/wallstreet-20-evolution-real/2498506

Thank you,
Rod

To me it looks like circa 5% which is a high risk setting
Anything can happen - every moment in the market is unique

Online nwboater

« Reply #7037 on: August 30, 2018, 05:03:25 PM »
Hi Wall Street,

Thank you,
Rod

Thanks Anchorpoint. Yes it is aprox 5% with present balance but almost all the trades are .04 lots with a few .05. This has remained constant since the account started at $650 and is now at $1,223. So it seems it is mostly fixed lots. If so it must have been about 10% risk when it started.   Please see my next post below.

It's a shame it's not running with AutoMM at a given % risk which would give us a clearer picture of how it would behave under more typical usage.

Hopefully WS will chime in with the 'real scoop'.

Cheers,
Rod
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 07:03:24 PM by nwboater »
Wall Street EVO & Cyborg

Offline FLechdrop

« Reply #7038 on: August 30, 2018, 06:58:37 PM »
Additional question: I am assuming the official account uses the TP and SL settings downloaded from the server, which are regularly updated... question being, what are these SL and TP values based on?

I find it a bit scary to have TPs and especially SLs changing all the time by themselves.

For now I am running it with fixed TP and SL values, with 2% risk, adjusted for SL, per trade. So 2% AutoMM for a 100 pip SL, 4% in the case of 50 pips, 8% if 25.

Offline wallstreet.forex.robot

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #7039 on: August 30, 2018, 07:04:08 PM »
Hi Wall Street,

Thank you,
Rod

Those are 3% Auto MM on all pairs.
This is the official donnaforex profile of the WallStreet Forex Robot team. If you have support issues or questions, please use our support system, because we cannot guarantee we will be able to monitor our topics in donnaforex all the time.

Online nwboater

« Reply #7040 on: August 30, 2018, 07:06:30 PM »
This is from the EVO Manual
If AutoMM=0, the EA will trade with volume = parameter FixedLots (defaults
FixedLots=0.1)
- If AutoMM=2 (2 per cent risk) the EA will open 0.2 lot positions (20,000)
- If AutoMM=5 (5 per cent risk) the EA will open 0.5 lot positions (50,000)
- If AutoMM=10 (10 per cent risk) the EA will open 1.0 lot positions (100,000)

Per the above each 1% should open .01 lots. They are using mostly .04 for a $1,223 account NOW. That = 3.2% risk. However when they started the account they were using the same lot size for an account of $650. That = 6.2% Risk.

So this has really skewed their FxBook returns. :(

Rod
Wall Street EVO & Cyborg

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #7041 on: August 30, 2018, 07:07:50 PM »
Additional question: I am assuming the official account uses the TP and SL settings downloaded from the server, which are regularly updated... question being, what are these SL and TP values based on?

I find it a bit scary to have TPs and especially SLs changing all the time by themselves.

For now I am running it with fixed TP and SL values, with 2% risk, adjusted for SL, per trade. So 2% AutoMM for a 100 pip SL, 4% in the case of 50 pips, 8% if 25.

The server SL levels are the the smallest reasonable possible values optimised for higher profit factor and reasonable DD. You should not worry about that, but if you do not trust my experience you are free to set your own SL and TP levels.
This is the official donnaforex profile of the WallStreet Forex Robot team. If you have support issues or questions, please use our support system, because we cannot guarantee we will be able to monitor our topics in donnaforex all the time.

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #7042 on: August 30, 2018, 07:09:50 PM »
FixedLots=0.1)

Per the above each 1% should open .01 lots. They are using mostly .04 for a $1,223 account NOW. That = 3.2% risk. However when they started the account they were using the same lot size for an account of $650. That = 6.2% Risk.

Rod

It is reasonable to start a small account with a higher risk and then adjust the risk. It is just a common sense.

Online nwboater

« Reply #7043 on: August 30, 2018, 07:13:58 PM »
FixedLots=0.1)

Rod

It is reasonable to start a small account with a higher risk and then adjust the risk. It is just a common sense.

I understand your reasoning - but - Many of us use that as a reference account. Without a constant risk it make the profits look much better than they would be for most of us using a constant risk. Thus it is not usable as a good guide for what our earnings should be. At least for me it's not.

Cheers,
Rod
Wall Street EVO & Cyborg

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #7044 on: August 30, 2018, 07:49:30 PM »
It works in both ways - it could be worst you you rise the risk right before a bad period. I do not see a problem here, but you of course you are free to have an opinion.

Offline FLechdrop

« Reply #7045 on: August 30, 2018, 08:02:36 PM »
The server SL levels are the the smallest reasonable possible values optimised for higher profit factor and reasonable DD. You should not worry about that, but if you do not trust my experience you are free to set your own SL and TP levels.
I have now set them manually, optimised for the last 10 years. Do I understand you are updating the settings personally? If so, how often? And could you say anything about what you base your decisions on? That would help for having trust in these values...

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #7046 on: August 30, 2018, 08:24:41 PM »
Yes, I am personally responsible for all settings and trading logic of all my robots. Usually I am not changing anything until there is an objective reason for re-optimisation and changes in the trading logic. The exact process of finding the right parameters is something between experience based intuition and science, but essentially I am looking several in sample optimisation time windows like 6 months, 2 years and 6 years and I am giving some weight of the closest time periods. All settings are tested out of the optimisation sample. There are no textbooks for this, so I've invented my own methodology through the years. At the end it is hard to predict the future, even if you apply all efforts and knowledge you are capable of.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 08:29:18 PM by wallstreet.forex.robot »

Offline FLechdrop

« Reply #7047 on: August 30, 2018, 08:48:25 PM »
OK, sounds good!

Although I also like the idea of having a stable RR and fixed SL, so that I always know what my maximum loss per trade is going to be.

One solution for that last point could be if the lot size would be automatically corrected when the SL changes, so that the percentage of actual risk stays the same (instead of using a theoretical 100 pip SL in all cases).
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 08:50:41 PM by FLechdrop »

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #7048 on: August 30, 2018, 09:07:09 PM »
I will have this in mind for the next update.

Offline FLechdrop

« Reply #7049 on: August 31, 2018, 11:12:42 AM »
Would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: LEGEND by anjelo
[Today at 06:53:59 AM]

Re: LEGEND by reinerh
[Today at 04:52:18 AM]

Re: LEGEND by Humble Trader's Fx
[Today at 02:42:31 AM]

Re: Darwins by outsidetheboxhk
[Today at 01:25:24 AM]

Re: EA Controller by diyforexskills
[Today at 12:55:44 AM]

Re: Apogeum Price Action (via MQL5.com) by ivanvp
[Yesterday at 10:55:19 PM]

Re: Forex Manager DBA by ForexManagerDBA
[Yesterday at 10:22:11 PM]

Re: Forex Manager DBA by ForexManagerDBA
[Yesterday at 10:09:27 PM]

Re: Darwins by petersurrey
[Yesterday at 09:06:58 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 05:44:51 PM]