collapse

Author Topic: Pepperstone Razor ECN Account  (Read 211711 times)

Offline rayong

Re: Pepperstone Razor ECN Account
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 10:26:05 AM »

Been running speadwatch on Pepperstone Razor for several hours from start of euro session.  Here are the results.

11760 ticks received in just over 3 hrs.  That's a lot.  I like that they come fast and furious.  Seems like its tracking market very closely.

Min spread: 0.1 pips
Max spread: 2.2 pips
Average: 0.53 pips

Pip spread below 1: 99.4%
Pip spread between 1.0 and 1.4: 0.5%
Pip spread between 1.5 and 2:   0.1%
Pip spread over 2:  0%

So far this is one of the tightest spreads I've seen.

I'll run it in the overnight session between 1700 and 1900 EST where the spreads are typically the highest and report back later.

Also running some asian session scalpers to see how they perform.

Edit:

Asian session spreads:

2153 ticks received in 2 hrs, below average for a 5 digit feed but it should not affect performance.

Max spread: 3.3 pips
Average: 0.86 pips

Pip spread below 1: 60.3%
Pip spread between 1.0 and 1.4: 35.2%
Pip spread between 1.5 and 2:   1.0%
Pip spread over 2:  3.5%
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:20:40 PM by donnaforex »

Offline fpu

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 12:43:20 PM »
I have been running Asian scalpers on the RAZOR account for a week now and Im very satisfied. Scalpers I have been running includes Megadroid, Shark, Piplaser, Scalpa and Fapturbo.

Results with comments enabled are published to myfxbook: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/fpuschmann/fxpert-ecn/108163

Have a great day
Falk

Offline rayong

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 09:35:49 PM »
Or a US datacenter would work Gavin... most US VPS are cheaper than UK ones.

Yes I would second a US data center.  By the way do they take customers from the US?

Offline fpu

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 09:54:46 PM »
Yes I would second a US data center.  By the way do they take customers from the US?

No they want, sorry. But this is not an issue of Pepperstone, they only complies with regulations and thus they are unable to accept US clients. This should be the same for any broker under regulation.

A datacenter in US or Europe would be indeed a great aproach to become the world nr. 1 broker. At the moment I have a really huge latency running clients from our own datacenter in Germany (>200ms). Anyway, Pepperstone is an outstanding broker, one of the best if not the best I have ever seen.

Have a great day
Falk

Offline Jake

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 02:50:03 AM »
Hi, Falk,

Do you have any views on a comparison of Pepperstone versus CollectiveFX?

Regards

Stephen

Offline vicpips

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 05:18:37 AM »
I have been running Asian scalpers on the RAZOR account for a week now and Im very satisfied. Scalpers I have been running includes Megadroid, Shark, Piplaser, Scalpa and Fapturbo.

Results with comments enabled are published to myfxbook: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/fpuschmann/fxpert-ecn/108163

Have a great day
Falk

Hi Falk,

I'm using Thrust VPS UK. The latency to Pepperstone is too slow. Which VPS do you use and recommend? What is the latency?

Thanks!
Victor

Offline Schneider

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 09:56:24 AM »

Note from DonnaForex:
Entry ID: 2
This post is entered in our May 2011 competition. If you like this post, please vote for it from 22 May in the 'general trading discussion' section of the forum.

Been running speadwatch on Pepperstone Razor for several hours from start of euro session.  Here are the results.

11760 ticks received in just over 3 hrs.  That's a lot.  I like that they come fast and furious.  Seems like its tracking market very closely.

Max spread: 2.2 pips
Average: 0.53 pips

Pip spread below 1: 99.4%
Pip spread between 1.0 and 1.4: 0.5%
Pip spread between 1.5 and 2:   0.1%
Pip spread over 2:  0%

So far this is one of the tightest spreads I've seen.

I'll run it in the overnight session between 1700 and 1900 EST where the spreads are typically the highest and report back later.

Also running some asian session scalpers to see how they perform.

Edit:

Asian session spreads:

2153 ticks received in 2 hrs, below average for a 5 digit feed but it should not affect performance.

Max spread: 3.3 pips
Average: 0.86 pips

Pip spread below 1: 60.3%
Pip spread between 1.0 and 1.4: 35.2%
Pip spread between 1.5 and 2:   1.0%
Pip spread over 2:  3.5%

They really have best spreads in the industry.

Offline flash1

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 10:15:02 AM »
Hi ragong nice analyst. :)  May I ask where you got the "spreadwatch" program.  Analysis tools like this I like to add my broker watch.  I still think winning forex,  is 50% brokers.
Markets spend most of their time trading irrationally, only looking at very short term fundamentals and "hope" value :-) This is why technical analysis outweighs fundamental analysis imo. We need to trade what the charts are telling us and learn to quell our own opinions - DaveO

Offline flash1

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 10:28:08 AM »

Hi Vic,

Word on the street is they are investigating a server for europe ;)  Maybe a couple of months.  I current run out of the states with 274ms lag.  My advice is don't sweet it,  having a good broker like pepperstone is better than speed.  For example I have 4ms to Thinkforex (use the broker plugin) and my scalpers perform better on pepperstone (who don't).

Then again if you have heaps of $$ trading (I don't lol) then your ROI can justify 1ms lag. 

Good luck

Regards Flash
Markets spend most of their time trading irrationally, only looking at very short term fundamentals and "hope" value :-) This is why technical analysis outweighs fundamental analysis imo. We need to trade what the charts are telling us and learn to quell our own opinions - DaveO

Offline jubal

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 08:42:30 PM »

As a disbeliever in in the tooth fairy, Santa claus, etc etc, can someone explain to me how a broker can suddenly appear out of nowhere and deliver best in industry spreads, along with excellent customer service etc etc. Why cant all the well known, longer established brokers do this. It makes me a bit wary that all is not as it should be.
If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs.... then you have probably underestimated the seriousness of the situation

Offline Falcon

• Forex Trading
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 08:57:53 PM »

At the moment I have accounts with ThinkForex and Trading Point and don't pay commission which I'm quite happy with. If you want to pay commission to get lower spreads then so be it. A number of ECN brokers offer some very low spreads, it just depends if you think its justified after the commission is paid. It bothers me sometimes when I read posts on here that appear at times to be advertising for a particular brokerage but are carefully worded to look natural. Wouldn't it be smart for some of the brokers to get an established profile on here and keep posting various posts on how well their EA's are doing on "their" broker. While this may not be the case I get tired of how often FinFX is mentioned around here as an example. It sounds like the holy grail of brokers and it's not even regulated.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:13:43 PM by Falcon »

Offline rayong

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2011, 03:42:30 AM »
Hi ragong nice analyst. :)  May I ask where you got the "spreadwatch" program.  Analysis tools like this I like to add my broker watch.  I still think winning forex,  is 50% brokers.

Its a free EA from forex megadroid - results site.

Offline flash1

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 06:02:45 AM »

At the moment I have accounts with ThinkForex and Trading Point and don't pay commission which I'm quite happy with. If you want to pay commission to get lower spreads then so be it. A number of ECN brokers offer some very low spreads, it just depends if you think its justified after the commission is paid. It bothers me sometimes when I read posts on here that appear at times to be advertising for a particular brokerage but are carefully worded to look natural. Wouldn't it be smart for some of the brokers to get an established profile on here and keep posting various posts on how well their EA's are doing on "their" broker. While this may not be the case I get tired of how often FinFX is mentioned around here as an example. It sounds like the holy grail of brokers and it's not even regulated.

Good Point Falcon, you have to take every thing on these forums with a grain of salt.  FinFX does seem to be "broker of the month", its silly if everyone tries to moves to one broker with the same bots.  I am alittle down on ThinkForex as I am having a dispute with them, over tick errors when the EURUSD had a mini crash the other day and FGB trades were not triggered.  Overall though I still made good profits with them.  I use 4x sentential which is a program that identifies Broker plug-in tricks like delayed excursion, widening of the spread when a trade is placed, re quotes etc.  It is identifying problems at Thinkforex (micro) as well as Primus (micro).  Take from that what you will.

Regards Flash   

Offline donnaforex

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 10:54:59 AM »
just merged the two pepperstone razor topics together, sorry if it is a bit confusing to read... !
Follow DonnaForex on Facebook and Twitter.

If you need to contact me, email admin@donnaforex.com or Skype 'donnaforex' or PM via the forum.

Offline muzzamcc

• RobinVOL
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2011, 11:11:58 AM »

As a disbeliever in in the tooth fairy, Santa claus, etc etc, can someone explain to me how a broker can suddenly appear out of nowhere and deliver best in industry spreads, along with excellent customer service etc etc. Why cant all the well known, longer established brokers do this. It makes me a bit wary that all is not as it should be.

This may or may not help to alleviate your concerns. Axitrader have been around for several years and I have used them for the last year. They use the same integral feed that Pepperstone standard accounts use-identical spreads and prices and the same results when testing EA's. So Pepperstones spreads for their standard accounts are nothing new. What I have noticed when comparing Axitraders and Pepperstones standard account to the new Razor offering is that spreads are exactly 1 pip wider on the normal accounts. So the ECN account saves you 0.3 of a pip on the spread when you add the commission of $7 per lot (0.7 of a pip) for a usd denominated pair. When using IB's on each account the differences are even smaller. The standard account comes in at a cost of 0.7 pips added to the spread after you receive 0.3 pips rebate available from Aslan group and the ECN account comes in at a commission of $6.25/lot after their rebate (0.625 of a pip). So pretty close in the end.

Murray

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Promising MQL5 system by FLechdrop
[Today at 08:02:16 AM]

Re: forex cyborg by ForexCyborg
[Today at 07:59:46 AM]

Promising MQL5 system by petersurrey
[Today at 07:45:53 AM]

Re: could it be the next financial bubble? by y5nitro
[Today at 07:08:13 AM]

Re: Today I quit trading Forex by Hilapur