collapse

Author Topic: Pepperstone Razor ECN Account  (Read 218386 times)

Online Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
Re: Pepperstone Razor ECN Account
« Reply #885 on: February 09, 2018, 01:45:23 AM »
Just got a phone call and an email follow up indicating that sadly, Pepperstone will be cutting ties with Canadian clients over a four month period (the last month of which accounts will convert to "close only"). Pepperstone quite accepting new Canadian clients some time ago so I suppose the writing was rather on the wall already.

Hello, Psycho.

I received the notice as well. What broker would you recommend other than IC Markets which I am already using but like a second broker as back up?

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Well myself, I'll be moving everything to an IBC in a non British dependent tax shelter so I'm not sure who else to reccomend as I'm working to keep the good relationship I have with this broker as my primary broker. I know that IC Markets is good for Canadians outside of Ontario. I'd be very cautious of that arrangement though because the feeling I get is that Canadian residents are just going to get more and more constricted by ASIC regulated brokers unfortunately and it's rather outside of their control. I'm actually surprised that ICM is still taking on Canadian clients.

Food for thought, incorporating an IBC capitalized under $50K USD can be done through agents in a lot of small nations for hundreds of dollars. If you're over that, it's still relatively cheap with fees typically keeping to the low to mid 4 digits. Worth inquiring about.

Thanks, keep me posted if you come across an alternative broker.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline HFT Group

• HFT Group Forex Rebates
Pepperstone UK rebates
« Reply #886 on: February 21, 2018, 12:27:14 PM »
As promised..............rebates are now available for Pepperstone UK clients.

https://donnaforex.com/index.php?topic=19973.0
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:34:47 AM by HFT Group »

Offline HFT Group

• HFT Group Forex Rebates
« Reply #887 on: February 23, 2018, 06:34:27 AM »
Nice to see a couple of Pepperstone UK accounts appearing already via the forum referral discount link.

If you opened a Pepperstone UK account before the rebate offer was available and wish to take advantage of the offer, please PM me and we can try arrange a transfer.

Offline Mr. Fraustt

« Reply #888 on: February 23, 2018, 07:05:09 PM »
Humble and Psycho: I've been with Oanda for years, happy for the most part. Never even heard of Pepperstone until joining this board. Checked out their site and the spreads made me wanna cry. Wow! As is my life story, late again.  Broker selection is pretty limited for us Canucks. Would also be interested to hear how you make out. Cheers

Offline CanadianPsycho

• Free markets are sexy
« Reply #889 on: February 23, 2018, 11:38:21 PM »
Yeah, the options for Canadians are basically zip now. Looks like according to the website, IC Markets still accepts clients in Canada outside of Ontario, but I wouldn't bet on that lasting for much longer.

I've begun focussing on establishing an offshore corporation in a place like Belize or St Kitts and Nevis just to keep my Pepperstone accounts. If you're in Canada, it looks like retail forex is basically coming to an end.

EDIT: Though it looks like VantageFX might still be taking Canadians outside of British Columbia? They might be worth looking at. I've never dealt with them.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:43:00 PM by CanadianPsycho »

Online Ron

« Reply #890 on: February 24, 2018, 05:32:53 PM »
Tickmill is still ok for ontario residents, right?

Offline CanadianPsycho

• Free markets are sexy
« Reply #891 on: February 24, 2018, 10:10:46 PM »
Tickmill is still ok for ontario residents, right?

Good question. They don't appear to say anything about Canada at all on their website.

Offline alaali

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #892 on: September 14, 2018, 06:19:11 PM »
Pepperstone MT4 servers are down!

browse forum