collapse

Author Topic: Volatility Factor  (Read 166253 times)

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
Re: Volatility Factor
« Reply #1110 on: November 02, 2018, 12:55:23 AM »
The thing with the EA Controller is that you have to make sure that it does not switch on your live trading after some short profitable period, just when it is going into DD again. So it matters if you have an EA that has longer periods that are either red or green, or if you have an EA that has three red days, two green days, two red days, one green day, etc.

Yes, whipsawing is a recurring issue in trading, whether in terms of price or in terms of performance.

The extent of that whipsawing with the Controller depends in part on the MA (period and type) we use - as usual, the longer the period the less whipsawing but the larger the DDs. So it becomes a trade-off.

We now also have the profit factor version of the Controller where we can test with what number of trades to use in calculating PF and what levels. And if we have traders with a long term data set we will be able to "optimise" the settings we might use going forward. I also have another idea we might use which i will describe in the Controller thread.

Offline FLechdrop

« Reply #1111 on: November 09, 2018, 11:58:36 AM »
Yes, I think the PF is worth trying! Though of course there is no way to have no lag in this. But at least we could escape longer periods of DD without having to babysit all of our EAs.

Offline dideco

« Reply #1112 on: November 12, 2018, 07:22:40 PM »
Hi donbon2

do you think market is now ready for scalpers like evonight, best/free scalper, etc , which you switched off in spring?

Offline donbon2

« Reply #1113 on: November 13, 2018, 05:15:58 AM »
I cant switch them on yet - because the spreads and slippage are so bad with IC Markets -- I think it is going to take new liquidity providers to come in which we dont have yet.
Broker - IC Markets   VPS - Amazon EC2 + CNS  

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD AUDUSD
PZ Hedging EA - PZ Averaging EA - PZ Grid

(on hold  Wall St Evo - VF2 - Best Scalper - Best Free Scalper)

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4
Trading Rebates - through CashBackFX
Trade Notification EA - TradeTalk from FX Blue - free
VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 - if you qualify for a Broker Sponsored one get CNS
PZ Support/Resistance Indicator

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #1114 on: November 13, 2018, 06:54:19 AM »
Sometimes brokers have to be challenged to improve their performance.

I had a colleague who was trading with a broker who had quite bad swaps - including negative swaps for EURUSD for both Buys and Sells! I encouraged him to contact his broker about this. He assembled comparative data from 6 brokers and presented that to his broker. After a promise to look into it and three reminders, the broker finally pulled his finger out and obtained better pricing from his liquidity providers including positive swaps for EU sells.

Offline dideco

« Reply #1115 on: November 14, 2018, 10:17:08 PM »
Hi donbon2,
Icm provides good spreads over the major (EUR usd zero, even!), but the hour after midnight. About slippage, I would not know where to check it, neither.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: PZ Bollinger Band EA Set File by diyforexskills
[Today at 02:13:01 AM]

I apologise, but, in my opinion, it is obvious. by dashunya_152
[Today at 01:27:57 AM]

Re: Best Scalper by nwboater
[Today at 12:37:46 AM]

Re: LEGEND by reinerh
[Today at 12:34:00 AM]

Re: LEGEND by yshin
[Today at 12:02:35 AM]