collapse

Author Topic: IC MARKETS  (Read 489109 times)

Offline HFT Group

• HFT Group Forex Rebates
Re: IC MARKETS
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 08:48:21 AM »
Please feel no offence with my remark below.

I browse the IC Market website and saw  the following statement.

Our exceptional customer service will provide you with the information and support you need for to trade successfully.

And yet I fail to locate the chat button!

Hi,
   IC Markets do not currently support live chat. They are in the process of revamping the website so hopefully this support option will be included in the future.

You can contact them via email at info@icmarkets.com.au or by phone on +61 (0) 28014 4280

If there is any information you need that I may be able to help with please post your questions or PM me and I will assist in any way I am able.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:51:20 AM by jonpearce »

Offline drlobster

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 01:54:53 PM »
Yep they are totally legit. I met one of the directors in person in Sydney about a year ago and have been using them ever since for manual trading and have never looked back.

Cheers

Drlobster

Offline flowerhorn

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 11:43:12 PM »
Online chat is pretty a standard feature in a forex broker setup. I found many online chats "open" during the business hours of their respective countries. Outside this time, one can just leave a message for them to follow up when they are online. Not made in heaven but much better than no online chat.

Well, if they don't have one, I guess one would resort to email or call to contact with them. On the email channel, hope they will answer it promptly and not after a day.

Call is a bit expensive to make as after all, I am a small retail forex trader.

Offline Hyperdimension

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 01:44:04 AM »
IC Markets looks good, but is their feed and execution the same as AxiTrader Pro ECN, since both use Integral? Or is one slightly better than the other?

Offline bearnakedbull

• Be afraid, very afraid!
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 02:11:48 AM »
IC Markets looks good, but is their feed and execution the same as AxiTrader Pro ECN, since both use Integral? Or is one slightly better than the other?
Slippage is high so not suitable for all strategies.
Regards, bnb

Offline e1vis

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 02:54:25 AM »
Slippage is high so not suitable for all strategies.

Yes, slippage seems to be a problem. Apparently, it's consistently much higher than on the AXI ECN, for example.

Offline HFT Group

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 09:22:53 AM »
IC Markets feed is good quality, spreads are tight and execution times are excellent. On these three  points IC is comparable to Axi Pro. Performance of tick scalpers like MDP, No1 and NMI SS is faultless with no log errors due to the zero stop.

However.......slippage is excessive for this type of trading. I have spoken with IC Markets a number of times regarding excessive slippage. They are fully aware of the problem and the negative effect it has on high speed scalping ea's that place stop entry orders.

Until the slippage problem is addressed and rectified, I cannot recommend IC Markets ECN feed as being suitable for scalping ea's that place stop entry orders.

However.....scalping ea's that place limit and market orders may find this feed more suitable and even experience positive slippage.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:46:04 AM by jonpearce »

Offline HFT Group

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 08:51:22 AM »
IC Markets feed is good quality, spreads are tight and execution times are excellent. On these three  points IC is comparable to Axi Pro. Performance of tick scalpers like MDP, No1 and NMI SS is faultless with no log errors due to the zero stop.

However.......slippage is excessive for this type of trading. I have spoken with IC Markets a number of times regarding excessive slippage. They are fully aware of the problem and the negative effect it has on high speed scalping ea's that place stop entry orders.

Until the slippage problem is addressed and rectified, I cannot recommend IC Markets ECN feed as being suitable for scalping ea's that place stop entry orders.

However.....scalping ea's that place limit and market orders may find this feed more suitable and even experience positive slippage.

I have modified this post due to the fact that it is unfair to judge the IC Markets True ECN feed solely on results from high speed scalping ea's that place stop entry orders.
I will be trialling MDP set up to place market orders with hard trailing S/L and T/P at false to test this theory.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:47:20 AM by jonpearce »

Offline omega-ko

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2012, 09:00:07 AM »
The standard commission charge for the IC Markets 'True ECN' account is currently $7.00 AUD per lot round trip for AUD accounts.

The standard commission charge is $7.00 USD for USD accounts.

For accounts funded in the other major currencies (Gbp, Eur, Yen etc) the standard commission charge is the equivalent of $7.00 AUD in the respective currency.

The commission charge applies to all pairs traded.

The IC Markets offer to forum members is $5.50 AUD (or equivalent) fixed commission charge per lot round trip.

Sorry, but how get this discount of $5.5 per lot?

Offline solap

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 04:27:58 PM »
Now average open slippage 57 for EUR/USD, tooooo high.

Offline omega-ko

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 07:10:52 PM »
Hi,
    The deal offered to forum members by IC Markets was a discounted commission of $5.50 per lot for Forex.
I will enquire as to CFD's on your behalf and advise.
Hi jonpearce,

Can you give me a reference for the discount mentioned above? i'm decide to try work with this broker in spite of its bad known and big slippage written about there

thanks in advance

Offline samtheman

• Click on my heart, I bet u wont.
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2012, 11:49:19 AM »
Hi All.

I called IC Markets today as I am interested in their offering. Apparently most of the slippage issues occur around end of day as they don't stop their feed when ALL other brokers do (because they are a True ECN). Over this time there are simply fewer LPs quoting prices hence there is less liquidity in the market, this of course will result in slippage if an EA trades over this time.

I will be conducting some testing in my real account  and will report my findings.

Cheers

Offline bearnakedbull

• Be afraid, very afraid!
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 02:10:08 PM »
Hi All.

I called IC Markets today as I am interested in their offering. Apparently most of the slippage issues occur around end of day as they don't stop their feed when ALL other brokers do (because they are a True ECN). Over this time there are simply fewer LPs quoting prices hence there is less liquidity in the market, this of course will result in slippage if an EA trades over this time.

I will be conducting some testing in my real account  and will report my findings.

Cheers
Skip MDP and try SS or No1 if you have them. MDP did so badly this past week and to be worthy of the scrap bin at any broker. Apart from tick scalper it might be just fine anyways. Thanks for any input.
Regards, bnb

Offline bennyfx

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 02:17:47 PM »
I setup No1 today on my Metatrader 4.

I think it will work well because their spreads are the best of any Metatrader 4 broker. I checked this on fxintel and it is confirmed.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 02:22:33 PM by bennyfx »

Offline maestro007

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 03:08:10 PM »
Hi All.

Cheers

If they told you that, then they are not being true..  Jon had an account with them and slip was bad on news spikes and I think normal spikes. 

Spikes at rollover time can cause even worse slippage which I found to my own detriment.. Make sure spike EA's include a rollover shut out period if you don't want to experience further pain.
Blown Accounts are Us... :)

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds by SJWkiller
[Yesterday at 05:24:40 PM]

Re: Pegasus FX by nwboater
[Yesterday at 01:52:31 PM]

Re: Your favourite car? by 2cuteEssence
[Yesterday at 11:12:10 AM]

Re: The Most Common Forex Myths by Loperte
[Yesterday at 09:32:09 AM]

Re: Pegasus FX by Pegasus FX