collapse

Author Topic: zulutrade anybody ??  (Read 36110 times)

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
zulutrade anybody ??
« on: May 04, 2012, 01:29:08 AM »

hi guys,

i used them a few years ago, but it was horrible. orphaned trades was the issue.

has that been fixed by now ??

and also, is it possible to cross check = look into the master account to see if the orders match ??

thats what is so nice with these copy eas, it shows right on the chart if the master has any open trades.

anyway i am curious if their service has improved.

green pips to all :)

Offline Bigsteve

• Live free or die
  • Elite
Re: zulutrade anybody ??
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:57:54 AM »
hi Reinerh,
I began a demo the end of last week, after being absent for about two years from them. I really do believe they improved appreciably with customer service. They added features like back testing and better signal provider searches. They said they are only using FXCM price feeds and the prices in their website should be the prices executed.

It has only been a few days for me but here are found some things still lacking:
NFA.....I called and asked that since they are registered with the CFTC then where will I see in special search setting the setting to look for traders who comply with no hedge and OCO? Incredibly their answer was "we are working on it" Well that's really where I stopped. They are registered to execute trades with US brokers but can not segregate FOR ME just who the compliant trader is. You see, this is now very dangerous to a US account. I may only get the losing leg of a trade if it is to become a strategy. Zulu said I will only know compliance if I visually filter past history of trades. For me this is an inadequate answer because how the trader traded yesterday may not be how he trades tomorrow. In closing I noticed there do nto appear to be the usual fat farm of commission hunters. It was such a joke the last time I looked it was unbelievable. I really think they have improved but are not quite there yet and I will not be opening an account with them. I hope this helps you, or at least saves you the time and trouble if you are from the US.

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 02:11:07 AM »

hi steve,

so can you check if you have your trades matching to your provider ???

thats my biggest gripe when i was with them also about 2 years ago. i had orphaned trades, they were simply abandoned and it wasnt pretty for my balance.............

yeah that oco fifo bullshit i am well aware of, sure sucks being in the good ole usa.

i am from germany so i still can trade with brokers of my choosing.

with zulu i am still on the fence. if i cant check that the trades match then forget it............

Offline Bigsteve

• Live free or die
  • Elite
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 02:37:14 AM »

hi steve,

so can you check if you have your trades matching to your provider ???

thats my biggest gripe when i was with them also about 2 years ago. i had orphaned trades, they were simply abandoned and it wasnt pretty for my balance.............

yeah that oco fifo bullshit i am well aware of, sure sucks being in the good ole usa.

i am from germany so i still can trade with brokers of my choosing.

with zulu i am still on the fence. if i cant check that the trades match then forget it............
Hi reinerh,
I just sent a message so please check for your messages received

Offline bkavdev

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 10:16:50 AM »
Personally  i havent seen any orphaned trades happening in my account and i have seen anything in the comments section so i guess this thing you had is preety much fixed by now plus there is always support on 24 hour basis to assist you on any problems you may have.

Offline rayong

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 11:55:03 AM »
You can compare your trades with the signal provider when in the positions screen.  At the bottom there is a pull down tab to compare your trades with the signal provider.  That has been there for couple of years already.

On the whole I find their customer service to be excellent.  Whenever I go to chat there's someone there in short time and they can usually fix the issues.

I had stopped using them for couple of years and recently refunded my a/c and started again.  They were good before and even better now.  I had wiped out my ac in the past through no fault of theirs.  It was all me basically...overtraded the ac and was not able to ride out the DD and ended up with margin call.

To prevent that they now have auto setting which sets a safe lot size for the providers you have chosen.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:57:50 AM by rayong »

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 02:06:54 PM »
Personally  i havent seen any orphaned trades happening in my account and i have seen anything in the comments section so i guess this thing you had is preety much fixed by now plus there is always support on 24 hour basis to assist you on any problems you may have.

thats good to hear, i hate nothing more then orphaned trades. i might give them another try after all.

thx much

Offline swingytrader

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 01:54:32 PM »
keep in mind that orphan trades and in general any trading discrepancies one might see, usually come from your broker side and trades closing time. check out in general to choose brokers with full refund policy, then you know u secured in turbulent times  :D :D

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 02:21:42 PM »
keep in mind that orphan trades and in general any trading discrepancies one might see, usually come from your broker side and trades closing time. check out in general to choose brokers with full refund policy, then you know u secured in turbulent times  :D :D

yeah thats correct to some extend, when like the terminal is off line.

but when i was with them a few years ago, their technology just did not work. the closing signals did not arrive on my account causing me substantial losses.

the closing of orders is flat out the most important aspect for me.

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 02:25:46 PM »

one more question for a live zulu customer:

how does an actual zulu mt4 statement look like ?????

is it possible to see by either magic number or order comment to see which provider did what order ???

i been emailing support and they have not been able to answer me that simple question, they keep referring to the ticket number, that tells nothing.

hope somebody can tell me.

thx :)

Offline swingytrader

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 10:12:51 AM »
reinerh,
are you talking from a point of view of SP? or as a follower?
bc a followers account does not use the MT4 terminal, all's linked via zulutrade. Yes it is possible in the history tab of your and everyb account there is a detailed info on which provider has opened and /or closed what trade - with lots allocation, his pips gain/loss and then yours.
There is nothing like 'zulu mt4 statement that you are talking about - should one wish to use mt4 it goes via the broker and then if you will for other ppl to follow you there, the mt4 is linked. so i have read. i am only a follower, as i mentioned earlier.
Doubtfull support did not answer you - you might ve not said it well. to me they have been more than correct and advisory.
Btw you seem quite prejudiced , so to say, and your problems seem  quite vague - as if you are trying to spam ?  ??? if this is the case, kindly lets not waiste each other's time pls.

Offline adele

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 01:05:53 PM »
hi reiner

i also had the issue of orphaned trades when i used them 1-2 years back but haven't had this problem since i re-started using them last nov.

re account statement: you can download it in excel format when you login via zulu. you can also download it from mt4...usually, the first 14-15 characters of the comment column will be fixed for each provider, but you will have to compare with the zulu backend initially to determine which ones belong to which provider as the naming convention is different. the last few characters of the comment column seem to be variable.

hope this helps!

cheers

adele

Offline Bigsteve

• Live free or die
  • Elite
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 01:34:38 PM »
hi reiner

i also had the issue of orphaned trades when i used them 1-2 years back but haven't had this problem since i re-started using them last nov.

re account statement: you can download it in excel format when you login via zulu. you can also download it from mt4...usually, the first 14-15 characters of the comment column will be fixed for each provider, but you will have to compare with the zulu backend initially to determine which ones belong to which provider as the naming convention is different. the last few characters of the comment column seem to be variable.

hope this helps!

cheers

adele
I would really like to hear from a US citizen as to how and which SP they chose. I asked customer service if the SP can be sorted or searched by OCO rules because of no hedge etc US broker rules. Zulu said they will consider this feature in the future but for te time being I am on my own to guess the SP. I find this inadequate as they are registered with the CFTC and should be able to provide this info upon request of a US citizen. So if you are a citizen please post how you handled this and which SP you chose.

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 03:31:05 PM »
hi reiner

hope this helps!

cheers

adele

hi adele,

yeah thats what they told me on their last reply, export it in excel.
i know i can track the orders in their platform, but more important to me is how it does in my mt4 live account.
but that seems so difficult.......

the real account is what counts to me and i sure wish there be an easier way to analyse, by either magic number or comment.

then one can see it with one glance.

this is the biggest headache with any signal or copier, making sure that number 1 the orders match, and 2 none or orphaned.

every day i check my accounts multiple times to make sure, but with zulu it sure be an awfull lot o work.

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 03:36:32 PM »
reinerh,
are you talking from a point of view of SP? or as a follower?
bc a followers account does not use the MT4 terminal, all's linked via zulutrade. Yes it is possible in the history tab of your and everyb account there is a detailed info on which provider has opened and /or closed what trade - with lots allocation, his pips gain/loss and then yours.
There is nothing like 'zulu mt4 statement that you are talking about - should one wish to use mt4 it goes via the broker and then if you will for other ppl to follow you there, the mt4 is linked. so i have read. i am only a follower, as i mentioned earlier.
Doubtfull support did not answer you - you might ve not said it well. to me they have been more than correct and advisory.
Btw you seem quite prejudiced , so to say, and your problems seem  quite vague - as if you are trying to spam ?  ??? if this is the case, kindly lets not waiste each other's time pls.

i was considering going with them, but if its so hard to verify that your live trades match the masters, i shall pass.

but so far i still have a glimmer of hope.

one other thing which sucks is having non variable lot sizes, since some strategies need that, like cruise control. but they are working on that.

browse forum

* Recent Posts