collapse

Author Topic: zulutrade anybody ??  (Read 36152 times)

Offline adele

Re: zulutrade anybody ??
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 04:35:56 PM »
hi reiner

i also had the issue of orphaned trades when i used them 1-2 years back but haven't had this problem since i re-started using them last nov.

re account statement: you can download it in excel format when you login via zulu. you can also download it from mt4...usually, the first 14-15 characters of the comment column will be fixed for each provider, but you will have to compare with the zulu backend initially to determine which ones belong to which provider as the naming convention is different. the last few characters of the comment column seem to be variable.

hope this helps!

cheers

adele

I would really like to hear from a US citizen as to how and which SP they chose. I asked customer service if the SP can be sorted or searched by OCO rules because of no hedge etc US broker rules. Zulu said they will consider this feature in the future but for te time being I am on my own to guess the SP. I find this inadequate as they are registered with the CFTC and should be able to provide this info upon request of a US citizen. So if you are a citizen please post how you handled this and which SP you chose.

Sorry, I can't help on this as I'm not a US citizen. All I can suggest is to analyze each SP's trades to see if they are compliant. FCC may be. Unfortunately, there will still be a problem with combining SPs. The only solution I could think of for this is to run them on separate accounts (which will have to be in different base currencies as, as far as I know, Zulu only allows each person to have 1 account for each base currency).

UPDATE: An additional suggestion is to look through the signal provider's list of followers and check the results of those using FIFO-compliant brokers. From there, you can see how closely their results follow the provider's (if the results are close, then, FIFO compliant or not, the provider's strategy is working well for this follower). If you click on the follower name, you will also be able to see the complete list of providers each follower is currently using.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:23:13 PM by adele »

Offline adele

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »
i was considering going with them, but if its so hard to verify that your live trades match the masters, i shall pass.

but so far i still have a glimmer of hope.

one other thing which sucks is having non variable lot sizes, since some strategies need that, like cruise control. but they are working on that.

you can compare your trades with the master's using zulu's history tab. i am attaching a sample here (providers names removed  ;)).

i also wish they will introduce non-variable lot sizes so we can follow the provider risk (or a portion of it). but i don't think this is needed for fcc as he uses fixed lot sizes.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:52:41 PM by adele »

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 05:47:47 PM »
i was considering going with them, but if its so hard to verify that your live trades match the masters, i shall pass.

but so far i still have a glimmer of hope.

one other thing which sucks is having non variable lot sizes, since some strategies need that, like cruise control. but they are working on that.

you can compare your trades with the master's using zulu's history tab. i am attaching a sample here (providers names removed  ;)).

i also wish they will introduce non-variable lot sizes so we can follow the provider risk (or a portion of it). but i don't think this is needed for fcc as he uses fixed lot sizes.

thx for that screenshot. interesting here you can see the losses vs master to your live, which there always will be of course, slippage delays etc. but they sure are not significant at all.

fcc, does not use fixed lot size, sometimes its times 10, so .1 next 1 lot. the big lot size is somewhat rare.

Offline adele

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 06:01:20 PM »
thx for that screenshot. interesting here you can see the losses vs master to your live, which there always will be of course, slippage delays etc. but they sure are not significant at all.

fcc, does not use fixed lot size, sometimes its times 10, so .1 next 1 lot. the big lot size is somewhat rare.

slippage for fcc seems to be worse than for the other top providers. price of fame...

his last big lot size was a mistake. as per this post (provider's caps not mine!  :D):

I APOLOGIZE GUYS :( THAT WAS COMPLETELY MY FAULT FOR USING A STANDARD LOT. I FORGOT TO UPLOAD THE PRESET.. I UPDATED THE CODE TO DEFAULT TO USE A MINI LOT, SO I WON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER TO LOAD THE PRESET. THIS WILL REDUCE THE CHANCE OF ME MAKING THIS MISTAKE AGAIN. I SHOULD HAVE DEFAULTED IT A WHILE AGO, BUT HAVE NEVER REALLY MADE THE MISTAKE TO LEARN FROM. SORRY AGAIN, I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU GUYS. THANKS
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:08:07 PM by adele »

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 06:45:46 PM »
oh i missed that post  by fcc ,

here i thought i went throught them all :)

thx adele.........

Offline adele

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 07:03:06 PM »
oh i missed that post  by fcc ,

here i thought i went throught them all :)

thx adele.........

no problem!  :)

Offline flatour

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 12:42:48 PM »
Hi, I use successfuly zulutrade with success since months, I have good SPs. If you want to discuss about good SP, if you have one you can recommend, or if you need a referrer then good advices, please contact me. Thanks.

Offline new2Forex

• Zulu Trader
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2012, 10:38:44 AM »
Seems like a great thread. I am trading with ZULU and had tons of EA's....I found ZULU to be the easiest and self contained trading platform.

I run 2 SP's (inc FCC) and they are brining in great pips! Better then any EA I've ever tried, that's for sure.....and I've tried at least 30-40 of them....and got 30-40 refunds!!! hahahahahaha

Also, for those curious....you dont need VPS when trading with ZULU...that's a huge plus in my book...

Offline kaltrax

• Patanegra
  • Si hay que ir, se va.
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2012, 11:06:03 AM »
 I was open a zulu acc more than 1 month, and until now i like how behaves, when selected SP, always try to look slippage for each broker and AAA is very low.

I will keep you posted
"Let us strive to be more parents of our destiny than children of our past". Miguel de Unamuno.

"Size matters...."

Offline flatour

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 05:51:37 PM »
I do also recommend AAAFX, the "less worst" , as you always get slippage. But there are such good SPs... it worth it.
If someone wants to be referred msg me, I will tell you the best ever SPs and the better possible advise for consistants returns.

Offline IamTHAT

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 05:31:07 AM »
I do also recommend AAAFX, the "less worst" , as you always get slippage. But there are such good SPs... it worth it.
If someone wants to be referred msg me, I will tell you the best ever SPs and the better possible advise for consistants returns.

I sent you a message couple of days ago and yet to receive a reply.
This is about your suggestions for SPs

Thank you.

Offline swingytrader

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 12:54:06 PM »
why don't you post the SPs here ...i am sure we all will benefit from the list ;D

Offline kaltrax

• Patanegra
  • Si hay que ir, se va.
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 12:59:14 PM »
why don't you post the SPs here ...i am sure we all will benefit from the list ;D

It's better make your own research, because when a SP fails, you will blame this or this suggestion...

Is a good idea make it only by PM... IMO

"Let us strive to be more parents of our destiny than children of our past". Miguel de Unamuno.

"Size matters...."

Offline bkavdev

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 01:47:44 PM »
Lets start posting our favourite sp's from zulutrade. Lets share some knowledge here. I really like the performance of Tradeguru lately.

Offline IamTHAT

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 04:01:05 AM »
I like him too. So far so good.
No 1 FCC is useless. I started with him thinking that he is a safe bet but he is just trades like me!
Couple of more I am trying are Triple XXL and edwardoooo since only couple of days.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Promising MQL5 system by FLechdrop
[Today at 08:02:16 AM]

Re: forex cyborg by ForexCyborg
[Today at 07:59:46 AM]

Promising MQL5 system by petersurrey
[Today at 07:45:53 AM]

Re: could it be the next financial bubble? by y5nitro
[Today at 07:08:13 AM]

Re: Today I quit trading Forex by Hilapur
[Today at 07:00:00 AM]