Re: LMAX
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2012, 11:51:19 AM »
Is order execution really as low as they say?:
http://www.lmax.com/execution-performance

Data as of 1st to 31st May 2012
Average trade execution speed: 3.14 ms
% trades executed in < 7 ms: 98%
% trades executed in < 12 ms: 99%

With other MetaTrader brokers I'm lucky to get 100ms round trip execution time even with network latency at around 1ms. Is it MetaTrader itself (or MetaTrader bridges) that is the bottleneck?

What execution times do you guys at LMAX actually get?

the picture you show is from the FIX/API systems.
Running a trader software on a windows computer will always add much more latency. That is why FIX/API is so fast, because the algorithms are implemtended directly into the "system". They have a picture on it on their website :)

Offline bearnakedbull

• Be afraid, very afraid!
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 02:47:56 PM »
Unless someone wants to share recent results with a high speed scalper we have believe that there remains high slippage regardless of execution times.
Regards, bnb

Offline 4maT

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2012, 04:37:37 AM »
Is order execution really as low as they say?:
http://www.lmax.com/execution-performance

Data as of 1st to 31st May 2012
Average trade execution speed: 3.14 ms
% trades executed in < 7 ms: 98%
% trades executed in < 12 ms: 99%

With other MetaTrader brokers I'm lucky to get 100ms round trip execution time even with network latency at around 1ms. Is it MetaTrader itself (or MetaTrader bridges) that is the bottleneck?

What execution times do you guys at LMAX actually get?

the picture you show is from the FIX/API systems.
Running a trader software on a windows computer will always add much more latency. That is why FIX/API is so fast, because the algorithms are implemtended directly into the "system". They have a picture on it on their website :)

These execution times are most likely not with metatrader.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="220" height="140" src="http://www.mql5.com/en/signals/widget/signal/dgr?t=dark"></iframe>

Offline Hyperdimension

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2012, 06:24:39 AM »
I trade at 6 brokers, and over the last 2 months, I only ever got execution time under 100ms 12 times out of 4494 trades. At the other end of the scale, 60 trades took over 5s to execute.
My average trade execution time is 1007.83ms if I include outliers (the 60 trades that took over 5s), and 532ms if I exclude outliers.

So I wonder whether anyone can actually get a trade executed in under 5ms as shown in LMAX's statistics, either with or without MetaTrader.

Offline crashev

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2012, 09:21:21 AM »
I trade at 6 brokers, and over the last 2 months, I only ever got execution time under 100ms 12 times out of 4494 trades. At the other end of the scale, 60 trades took over 5s to execute.
My average trade execution time is 1007.83ms if I include outliers (the 60 trades that took over 5s), and 532ms if I exclude outliers.

So I wonder whether anyone can actually get a trade executed in under 5ms as shown in LMAX's statistics, either with or without MetaTrader.

You people need to get back to basics.
It's not possible to get such times with Metatrader 4 because Metatrader4 bridge add latency, this is the fact of it's technology. Also some of You write that they got 100ms with Metatrader4 and that is also not possible ! So either Your software or something between was broken and the measure was not accurate.
MT4 bridge adds about 200ms latency ! because it's alghoritms takes this time to process everything.
At the end of the day if You get times around 250-350ms with MT4 then You are the fastest one.

Those charts at LMAX refers to direct access via their API - for example via FixApi or similar. They have a lot of support and manuals for people wishing to use their API and what's more interesting they have many different APIs to access their service directly.

Offline Hyperdimension

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2012, 12:45:51 PM »
It's not possible to get such times with Metatrader 4 because Metatrader4 bridge add latency, this is the fact of it's technology. Also some of You write that they got 100ms with Metatrader4 and that is also not possible ! So either Your software or something between was broken and the measure was not accurate.
MT4 bridge adds about 200ms latency ! because it's alghoritms takes this time to process everything.
I've checked my execution statistics of 4494 real-money trades over the past 2 months and found 224 trades that took between 100ms and 200ms to execute (and 12 trades that took under 100ms). I've checked that most of these trades were successfuly executed without error. So your statement that execution taking under 200ms in MetaTrader being impossible is not correct. It happens, but it's rare.

I've had a love-hate relationship with MetaTrader for a long time; I like its programmability, and the low platform and API cost (free), but execution sucks! So it seems that tick scalping with MetaTrader EAs like Million Dollar Pips and newer variants is almost a futile endeavor.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:51:24 PM by Hyperdimension »

Offline robl45

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2012, 03:46:09 PM »

You people need to get back to basics.
At the end of the day if You get times around 250-350ms with MT4 then You are the fastest one.

Those charts at LMAX refers to direct access via their API - for example via FixApi or similar. They have a lot of support and manuals for people wishing to use their API and what's more interesting they have many different APIs to access their service directly.

its one thing when Kevin from Fxpig says that, but now you just requoting him.

Offline pitagora

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2012, 11:15:36 PM »
I'm curious why you guys say LMAX is not good for No1 and NMI, while other brokers that use their feed, such as FxPig and Armada are good? What makes it bad?

By the way, LMAX is a recommended broker for No1, so it would be very weird if it didn't perform....

Any idea what stop level they are using?
Please click the heart icon if I helped you.

Offline hitmehityou

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2012, 07:34:14 AM »
The problem for me is the slippage at the quick price movement on LMAX

but it is still A good Broker in my view.

Offline 2cb3d

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2012, 10:13:51 AM »
Ah ok I was not aware of that. We connect to their liquidity via FIX and pipe it into MT4 via our own API.

Can you point me to a link on your website about your  available liquidity partners.

Do customers have the option to pick their feed, lets say if I only wanted to trade on LMAX feed.  Do you use a suffix for each feed provider like EURUSDlmax

I've traded 1000+ orders on LMAX and I'm very pleased with spreads, slippage.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 01:03:34 PM by pipinvestment »

Tradenow

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2012, 11:00:14 AM »
Hi sunshine friends,

i followed the discussion about lmax on many forums and now its possible to open an account via IB with 1k$.
http://www.fxmtf.com/en/trading/

But i have some doubts about this.

Are there any disadvantage to open the account via this ib?
Same infrastructure? Same feed?
Maybe some have some infos about it.

What about the agreement that the losses can exceed the balance?
The have: Margin Calls/Auto-stop out: 100%/70%
So why and how can it be that i can risk MORE than my account balance?

Maybe i missed something but did any broker have such an agreement?  :-[

best regards
Mark

Offline crashev

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2012, 11:09:14 AM »
First thing I have noticed about them is that You will have higher comission with them opposite to the regular
one. So I would say no to them, even they give free vps.

Hi sunshine friends,

i followed the discussion about lmax on many forums and now its possible to open an account via IB with 1k$.
http://www.fxmtf.com/en/trading/

But i have some doubts about this.

Are there any disadvantage to open the account via this ib?
Same infrastructure? Same feed?
Maybe some have some infos about it.

What about the agreement that the losses can exceed the balance?
The have: Margin Calls/Auto-stop out: 100%/70%
So why and how can it be that i can risk MORE than my account balance?

Maybe i missed something but did any broker have such an agreement?  :-[

best regards
Mark

Tradenow

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 11:54:13 AM »
First thing I have noticed about them is that You will have higher comission with them opposite to the regular
one. So I would say no to them, even they give free vps.

Thanks for info.
Had a chat last night with lmax support but they didnt have any interest in giving a classic account under 10k$. So an IB is the only way to go with them under 10k.
Armada is another option and i have an account with them but they are not regulated.
So building up a savings account with maybe 3-5k is not possible.

I was quite happy with my pepper razor but i didnt like the new edge accounts.
After some bad postings here in the forum i realy wonder where to go with my hard earned money  ;)
Lmax seemed to be the best solution right now!?

It would be so nice to find a reliable not cheating fsa regulated broker.  :(

best regards
Mark

Offline forexfish

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 12:00:16 PM »

I was quite happy with my pepper razor but i didnt like the new edge accounts.
After some bad postings here in the forum i realy wonder where to go with my hard earned money  ;)
Lmax seemed to be the best solution right now!?

It would be so nice to find a reliable not cheating fsa regulated broker.  :(

best regards
Mark
[/quote]

Yes thats true, I am a bit surprised about your comment, not read Pepper for sometime,  is it not BEST anymore ?

Tradenow

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2012, 12:11:22 PM »
Yes thats true, I am a bit surprised about your comment, not read Pepper for sometime,  is it not BEST anymore ?

I dont know. Right now my razor account is doing quite well. Nothing to complain but the edge accounts seem to have some problems. All clients should migrate to edge. Its only a matter of time.
For sure pepper is one of my favourite brokers but now i will build up a savings account.
So i need a FSA regulated broker. I want the security the fsa offers. And my time horizon is about 20 years for building up.
I wil start a new thread about this plan  ;) 

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Promising MQL5 system by FLechdrop
[Today at 08:02:16 AM]

Re: forex cyborg by ForexCyborg
[Today at 07:59:46 AM]

Promising MQL5 system by petersurrey
[Today at 07:45:53 AM]

Re: could it be the next financial bubble? by y5nitro
[Today at 07:08:13 AM]

Re: Today I quit trading Forex by Hilapur
[Today at 07:00:00 AM]