collapse

Author Topic: StrategyQuant  (Read 30079 times)

Offline deweymcg

StrategyQuant
« on: October 11, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »
I am sure many others are getting all sorts of spam e-mails about this--a tool for making your own EA's.

http://www.StrategyQuant.com

Has anyone bought it? Thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:56:56 AM by DamBuster »

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
Re: EA Wizard by StrategyQuant
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 07:32:27 PM »
I have it - by Mark Fric.
I am pretty excited to run it thru its paces because apparently it now has the ability to use our own indicators - will post a more full review as soon as I can run it and check it out.

Also, I emailed Mark and ask if he would provide a discount coupon code for Donna Forex Members and he said no problem, so here it is : 25% off the already low price (and no Im not an affiliate in any way): STRA-MXR6-KAVA
http://www.forexfusion.com
stop gambling. start trading.

Offline deweymcg

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 07:54:51 PM »
Thanks for getting that!

Rep for you

Offline Fx93

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 07:08:11 PM »
I was gonna post something about it: I don't have it but it looks pretty good. One video showed how to make volatility based entries and exits. I was hoping to read a review on it. I will likely buy it when I get my stuff together more as far as backtesting, because I'm kind of addicted to thinking about strategies.

Offline cyberryder

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 07:18:37 PM »
looks interesting! +rep
i recently looked at those 2, but this one seems to be better
http://www.geneticbuilder.com/ -> [EDIT: is now StrategyQuant]
http://www.molanis.com/products/molanis-strategy-builder/expert-advisor-builder-overview
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 05:45:41 PM by cyberryder »
@BeeksFX LD5
Read the broker TOS!
Searching for a broker, offering additional fund security in the TOS. None available today: http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=13785.msg335342#msg335342

Offline cyberryder

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 07:36:36 PM »
mmh anyone knows, if i can create complex loops with this wizzard (If... Else...)? Can't find sth on the website
@BeeksFX LD5
Read the broker TOS!
Searching for a broker, offering additional fund security in the TOS. None available today: http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=13785.msg335342#msg335342

Offline deweymcg

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 07:10:54 PM »
Contact the creator about what you have in mind, but you can do a lot with it. All the trading rules are IF...THEN.... Not sure how to add the "ELSE" part.

I bought it and just started playing with it. So far, I like it a lot and it performs as advertised: you can make an EA pretty quickly and it is easy to use. I made one that after backtesting proved my great idea wasn't so good after all and another one that for some reason works great on a 1 hour chart but tanks on the 15 minute one. In any event, it is fun to play with and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to test some ideas and see how  feasable they are.

You can also make indictors with this instead of EA's.

Offline landofcash

• Developing Expert Advisors. Trailing EA.
    • LandOdCash - Forex Indicators and expert Advisors development
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 05:53:23 AM »
try this online tool to create signal indicators :)
http://www.landofcash.net/LOCTraderExpertAdvisorSignalWizard.aspx

It is FREE and you can download MQ4 code of your indicator.
The tool is good for simple indiactors like

--Slow MA cross Fast MA and confirmed with Stoch.

here is a quick tutorial:
http://www.landofcash.net/WatchVideo.aspx?video=11

Offline JCrew7384

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 01:55:04 PM »
Has anyone heard of ForexInk.com?

Web-based EA creator works in "blocks" of code to build logic.

Offline jaman

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 05:27:45 AM »
Has anyone heard of ForexInk.com?

Web-based EA creator works in "blocks" of code to build logic.

Was looking at the StrategyQuant until I came across your post. I've since tried them. Did a couple of strategies with their website. It's good, but there are some quirks.

One thing I found was that my cross logic wasn't working. When I looked at the code generated, it showed that their generator did not correctly apply the bar shift to the indicator, so the same indicator value was being checked twice. I had to go in and make changes to get it working.

It is overall a really nice product, but has some bugs in it... It also is missing, I believe, one thing which I really need. That is the ability to declare multi-dimensional arrays that can be used across the scope of your code. I need to push/pop 'objects' onto an array and to use them across my code. The work-around is to simply assume you have the array and to use the name in the builder. Once the code is generated, then go to the top and declare the variable you need... A bit of a headache, but it works.

I wonder how StrategyQuant deals with those things, but I'm not going to purchase that if forexink works fine O.K. for my needs.

Offline deweymcg

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 10:19:20 PM »
The vendor is very responsive and has helped me with all my questions. I am very happy with the product. If there is a feature you wanted then ask. He might add it in or tell you how to do it.

Offline Berti99

Re: StrategyQuant
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 11:42:22 AM »
OK, since the moderator closed my thread about StrategyQuant very fast, I will ask in this thread.
("hint to moderator" start: This thread seems to be about StrategyQuant EA Analyzer/EA Wizard and not about the main product StrategyQuant itself, "hint to moderator" end).

Does anyone have experience with the main product of StrategyQuant (computer generated trading strategies)?
Is it only a powerful curve fitting tool?
Any opinions appreciated.

Offline nordx

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 11:58:55 AM »
OK, since the moderator closed my thread about StrategyQuant very fast, I will ask in this thread.
("hint to moderator" start: This thread seems to be about StrategyQuant EA Analyzer/EA Wizard and not about the main product StrategyQuant itself, "hint to moderator" end).

Does anyone have experience with the main product of StrategyQuant (computer generated trading strategies)?
Is it only a powerful curve fitting tool?
Any opinions appreciated.

Tried to work with this program, I can tell you one thing - there is nothing better than your own hands.

br
VD-FXtrader

Offline nashvilleshelby

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 12:19:21 AM »
It is good to know that the will let you know how to use it. I think that I do like the idea of using my own hands though. Decisions...

Offline cyberryder

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 05:23:59 PM »
OK so i played around with StrategyQuant a whole week, spent around 100h with it. I read the manual. The big gap is there is no real "how-to" documentation. With all the different settings, a newbie can do no more than try&error which is frustrating and eats time.

For example it is unclear:
- Which TF is best? I tested M5, M15, H1, H4, D1. The bigger the TF, the quicker it produces random strategies.
- How long should i choose the history period for In-sample, In-sample-validatio, Out-of-sample?
- which ranking filter should i choose in which step of the process?
- which initial filter for random generation should i choose? At beginning i applied too many filters, so strategies were nearly all dismissed. At the end i only worked with filter "trades <= 300", no matter if profitable or not, let genetic evolution find what is profitable. worked.
- how many genetic evolution cycles are good?
- which filters should i apply for genetic evolution? I only used In-sample-validation stagnation for 10 periods.

Results
- you really need a fast computer for this. My 8 vCPU i7-2600 running at 4GHZ, 8GB RAM, SSD and Win8.1x64 was nearly at full throttle all the time. Multithreading works great. I also tested it on AWS cloud with 32 vCPU XENON, but it was only a tiny bit faster than my i7. Think the virtualization layer eats a lot. The more trades you have on your strategies, the more RAM you need as it stores all trades within RAM and then crushes this data with genetic algorithms. My tests used between 1000 - 10.000 trades. 1000 was quite rapid to process. 10.000 was taking days. This is the fastes method. If RAM is full, data goes to my SSD. With no SSD it's slower.

- I was finally able to generate some strategies, using nearly all available building blocks on M5, M15, H1 with some acceptable equity curve, PF1,2 - 2, Avg Return/DD 3-7, stagnation period <30%.

- My avg. yearly profit only was 20-40% using 5% risk/trade on M5. As this was the BEST coming out from thousands of random strategies together with genetic evolution, i was quite dissapointed.

- Best part is the robustness test using Monte-Carlo. However there seems to be a bug inside. You can't use it together with genetic evolution.

For now i would not buy it, while i surely still have a lack of education on it.

Anyone here using it successfully?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:20:46 PM by cyberryder »
@BeeksFX LD5
Read the broker TOS!

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds by fxtyrant
[Today at 12:49:19 AM]

Re: Humble Trader's, Test Accounts. by Ruairi OPleurisy
[Yesterday at 11:07:30 PM]

Re: Humble Trader's, Test Accounts. by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 07:11:59 PM]

Re: HotForex by drunkfx
[Yesterday at 05:24:24 PM]

Re: I am looking for an EA that trades A LOT by drunkfx
[Yesterday at 05:23:26 PM]