collapse

Author Topic: Global Prime  (Read 212227 times)

Offline aagarcia

• VIP
Re: Global Prime
« Reply #255 on: December 17, 2013, 11:48:50 PM »
I use global Prime and I must say it is an exceptional rare broker. Great execution, slippage to minimum, highly recommended.  :-* 

nc!

Thanks for the feedback NC, always happy to hear it  :)

Cheers
Jeremy
Jeremy, what's Steve Hopwood's involvement in GP?  Does he receive ANY sort of compensation?

Offline jemook

• Verified Vendor
  • Global Prime - the broker that's on your side.
« Reply #256 on: December 18, 2013, 12:39:32 AM »
Hi aagarcia,

I am aware of your hatred towards Steve Hopwood ie

Quote from: aagarcia
"Check out Hopwood's latest post. What a POS scumbag that guy.  He is just begging for a hacking........He's going to insult the wrong guy and BOOM!"

It is not my obligation to discuss about our arrangements with anyone. I would appreciate if you do not drag down the Global Prime thread with your agenda.

Thank you.

Jeremy

Offline WiZARD

« Reply #257 on: December 18, 2013, 10:02:17 AM »
yeahh, again almost 20 pips slippage on a GU, when there was no slippage on my other broker account(Admiral Markets - Pro / ECN)... :(
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:41:12 AM by WiZARD »
Greed is good

Offline jemook

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #258 on: December 18, 2013, 10:43:37 AM »
yeahh, again almost 20 pips slippage on a GU, when there was no slippage on my other broker account... :(

Hi Wizard,

Your GBPUSD buy stop triggered right on the buzzer of almost 10 GBP news announcements, most of them high impact:

We are an ECN only broker and can only provide what price is available by our LPs. If you were filled with zero slippage on the exact same trade at another broker Im going to go out on a limb and suggest you may be on their B-Book  feed as the price you requested simply wasnt there at the time.

Below you will see the trade receipt which shows your order being rejected by 3 of our LPs in under 5 m/s before being filled by Morgan Stanley:

When a news announcement comes out and the market gaps for a split second afterwards (as a reaction to the high impact news) you will be filled at the next available price offered by the LPs on a true ECN network. Getting good fills with stops and limit orders over news on a true ECN network is a hit and miss affair - the good news is it can work in your favour too when price gaps through a TP, but of course we dont hear any complaints when that happens :)

Regards,
Jeremy

Offline orlando

« Reply #259 on: December 18, 2013, 10:46:40 AM »
Jeremy,

Is the spread chart on myfxbook accurate? It shows a high of 11.1 pips during the UK news which is much higher than some of the other brokers out there. I thought the spreads were competitive during all market conditions, is this normal for GP? I am considering opening an account but the high spread during news is a concern since there would be a higher probability that stop losses would be triggered as a result of the significant increase in spread when compared to other brokers.

Offline jemook

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #260 on: December 18, 2013, 11:06:19 AM »
Jeremy,

Is the spread chart on myfxbook accurate? It shows a high of 11.1 pips during the UK news which is much higher than some of the other brokers out there. I thought the spreads were competitive during all market conditions, is this normal for GP? I am considering opening an account but the high spread during news is a concern since there would be a higher probability that stop losses would be triggered as a result of the significant increase in spread when compared to other brokers.

I know quite a few brokers have started artificially capping their max spreads so it won't show up on Myfxbook etc - pretty sure your stop would have been hit on those brokers either way. We like to stack ourselves up with IC Markets who we reckon are a pretty stand up broker - their spreads were about the same during that news release.

All I can really suggest is to try trading your strategy on GP and on your favourite broker with the same settings and see the difference in your results over the long term. We may be better in some areas and less competitive in others but the overall consensus by our clients is that there's something special about the unfiltered and unmanipulated GP feed which gives them better results compared to other brokers.

Up to you to test us out and make up your own mind!

Cheers,
Jeremy

Offline HFT Group

• HFT Group Forex Rebates
« Reply #261 on: December 18, 2013, 11:24:20 AM »
yeahh, again almost 20 pips slippage on a GU, when there was no slippage on my other broker account... :(

Hi Wizard,

Your GBPUSD buy stop triggered right on the buzzer of almost 10 GBP news announcements, most of them high impact:

We are an ECN only broker and can only provide what price is available by our LPs. If you were filled with zero slippage on the exact same trade at another broker Im going to go out on a limb and suggest you may be on their B-Book  feed as the price you requested simply wasnt there at the time.

Below you will see the trade receipt which shows your order being rejected by 3 of our LPs in under 5 m/s before being filled by Morgan Stanley:

When a news announcement comes out and the market gaps for a split second afterwards (as a reaction to the high impact news) you will be filled at the next available price offered by the LPs on a true ECN network. Getting good fills with stops and limit orders over news on a true ECN network is a hit and miss affair - the good news is it can work in your favour too when price gaps through a TP, but of course we dont hear any complaints when that happens :)

Regards,
Jeremy

Can't get more transparent than that guys :)  How many other brokers would do that?????

Offline viltsu

« Reply #262 on: December 18, 2013, 11:36:38 AM »
Amazing Global Prime! "Applause"

Offline Fraois

« Reply #263 on: December 18, 2013, 05:59:06 PM »
yeahh, again almost 20 pips slippage on a GU, when there was no slippage on my other broker account(Admiral Markets - Pro / ECN)... :(

Looks like you got "last looked" and "rejected" 4 straight times!!
2 of 4 are rejected by FIXI
It's always sad for liquidity takers

Offline WiZARD

« Reply #264 on: December 18, 2013, 07:30:24 PM »
and now 40 pip slippage.
news trading sux nowdays :(  (however I'm not trading news, I've placed my orders 18hours ago, but it was hit with the news)

Jeremy can you show the trade receipts again. I'm not doubting GP, I'm just curious :)
Greed is good

Offline jemook

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #265 on: December 19, 2013, 01:46:16 AM »
I'm going to guess this happened with the FOMC announcement which is the biggest news release of the calendar month. It's good practice to close all trades and remove all stops / limits before FOMC unless your system tries to capture moves in that volatility.

Send me the ticket ID to my email and I'll reply with the trade receipt.

Cheers,
J

Offline jemook

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #266 on: December 19, 2013, 02:11:42 AM »
Hi All,

Please take note of the following trading times at Global Prime over the holiday period. This will be applicable for both institutional accounts and MT4 accounts.

TIMES BASED ON GMT + 0 (GREENWICH TIME ZONE)

Christmas Day:

25th of December 2013 Normal trading until 08:00 GMT +0 (AEST GMT +11, 19:00PM - 25/12/2013)
25th of December 2013 Trading resumes at 21:00 GMT +0 (AEST GMT+11, 08:00AM - 26/12/2013)
26th of December 2013 Normal trading day

New Years Day:

31st of December 2013 Normal trading until 22:00GMT +0 (AEST GMT +11, 09:00AM 01/01/2014)
1st of January 2014 Trading resumes at 21:00 GMT + 0 (AEST GMT +11, 08:00AM 02/01/2014)

Happy holidays folks, it's been a great year.               

Cheers,
Jeremy

Offline aagarcia

• VIP
« Reply #267 on: December 19, 2013, 12:52:28 PM »
Hi aagarcia,

I am aware of your hatred towards Steve Hopwood ie

Quote from: aagarcia
"Check out Hopwood's latest post. What a POS scumbag that guy.  He is just begging for a hacking........He's going to insult the wrong guy and BOOM!"

It is not my obligation to discuss about our arrangements with anyone. I would appreciate if you do not drag down the Global Prime thread with your agenda.

Thank you.

Jeremy
Why so afraid of divulging this information???  WHAT ARE THE TWO OF YOU HIDING?  WHY NOT BE FULLY TRANSPARENT????
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 12:54:16 PM by aagarcia »

Offline semaj

• Wish you make more profit.
« Reply #268 on: December 19, 2013, 01:11:17 PM »
In my opinion it is not a matter of afraid or not afraid. When it comes to a manager of a financial institute, the manager owes a duty of care to his client's privacy. As an investor, we should also respect other persons privacy.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 07:07:04 PM by semaj »

Offline aagarcia

• VIP
« Reply #269 on: December 19, 2013, 02:00:37 PM »
In my opinion it is not a matter of afraid or not afraid. When it comes to a manager of an financial institute, the manager owes a duty of care to his client's privacy. As an investor, we should also respect other persons privacy.
ABSOLUTELY WRONG.  There is no interest in Hopwood's personal account or what have you.  IT IS PARAMOUNT THAT IF SOMEONE IS RECEIVING KICKBACKS OR COMPENSATION FROM THE BROKER FOR INTRODUCTIONS THEN IT NEEDS TO BE DISCLOSED.  You are confusing the matter.  One has NOTHING to do with the other.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by FLechdrop
[Today at 02:46:21 PM]

Re: Bitcoin Discussion by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 02:14:13 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 02:03:52 PM]

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[Today at 01:53:53 PM]

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[Today at 07:35:16 AM]