collapse

Author Topic: Global Prime  (Read 212224 times)

Offline ultracat

• All business.
Re: Global Prime
« Reply #360 on: February 03, 2014, 07:49:08 PM »
I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but what brokers does GP have B2B agreements with? 

Jeremy, is there a possibiliy to do a B2B transfer from FXPrimus to GP?

Offline compujock

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #361 on: February 03, 2014, 08:09:47 PM »
I believe it's Axi and ICM.  Not sure if they have any more b2b agreements other than those yet.

Offline HFT Group

• HFT Group Forex Rebates
« Reply #362 on: February 03, 2014, 10:21:37 PM »
I believe it's Axi and ICM.  Not sure if they have any more b2b agreements other than those yet.

You are correct......the current reciprocal b2b agreements are with AxiTrader and IC Markets.

Offline Kevin @ FXPIG

• Kevin Murcko
  • CEO at FXPIG
    • FXPIG 'Where Traders Come to Win'
« Reply #363 on: February 03, 2014, 10:30:52 PM »
FXPIG has sent B2B transfers to GP...

And I believe we have received one as well from GP in the past.

Cheers,
skype. fxpig.kevin

Offline HFT Group

• HFT Group Forex Rebates
« Reply #364 on: February 03, 2014, 10:35:07 PM »

Cheers,

Nice to hear Kevin and great to see reputable brokers working together for the benefit of their clients and traders in general.

Offline jemook

• Verified Vendor
  • Global Prime - the broker that's on your side.
« Reply #365 on: February 03, 2014, 10:42:35 PM »
I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but what brokers does GP have B2B agreements with? 

Jeremy, is there a possibiliy to do a B2B transfer from FXPrimus to GP?

We send out B2B to any broker. We also accept B2B from any broker. As Jon said we have official reciprocal agreements with IC Markets and Axitrader.

Off the top of my head we have accepted B2B from the following brokers:

Axitrader
IC Markets
ThinkForex
FX Pig
GDMFX
Gain Capital
Forex.com UK
IBFX AU
FXCM AU
Alpari UK
Vantage FX

plus many others.. Your best bet is to ask your broker / FX Primus if they will send B2B to GP and if they say no I can reach out to them and see if they'll return the favour.

Dont want to hijack the GP thread but is this service available for small investors?  Had a look on the website but not really clear what exactly is on offer. there seems to be quite a lot of different strategies running separately. Also what is the cost?  sounds interesting

We can only tailor specific streams for high volume / institutional traders as the operational work involved is always ongoing. Most of our MT4 traders trade on our retail stream which in itself provides amazing execution. If you're running a MAM with lots of clients or you intend to trade high volume let me know and we can see if we are able to tailor something specific for your needs.

As I understand it.. Like hedge funds and banks.. They have volume in both directions, to counter big losses if currency fluctuates. But for each direction they need volume of somebody else to take the other direction.. So the misconception that banks lose if you win is only partially right, cause they just need both sides and have their funds hedged. And they need huge volumes

Exactly. With this NMI/Geektrader feed each bank is pricing in $ 5 million chunks so they love the volume. If one of the banks doesn't want anymore EURUSD flow for the day on that stream they widen the spreads and drop down to the bottom of the ladder and they won't get hit. There's still 5-10 LPs that will take the tickets instead so it's all good.

Cheers,

Thank you Kevin - clients really appreciate the ability to transfer funds between brokers. There's always going to be a specific strategy that will work better on broker A vs broker B so being able to move funds around freely is a huge bonus for clients.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Offline ultracat

• All business.
« Reply #366 on: February 04, 2014, 02:12:32 AM »

Your best bet is to ask your broker / FX Primus if they will send B2B to GP and if they say no I can reach out to them and see if they'll return the favour.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy.  I asked, they said no. : (

Offline jemook

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #367 on: February 04, 2014, 04:02:20 AM »

Your best bet is to ask your broker / FX Primus if they will send B2B to GP and if they say no I can reach out to them and see if they'll return the favour.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy.  I asked, they said no. : (

Let me see what I can do..

Offline iwillsurvive

« Reply #368 on: February 04, 2014, 04:02:48 AM »
Thank you jeremy, geektrader, zutta and all for engaging me with this very insightful discussion. I have learnt a lot about what goes on behind the scene of a "buy or sell" trade *thumbs up*

Offline jemook

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #369 on: February 04, 2014, 04:06:46 AM »
Thank you jeremy, geektrader, zutta and all for engaging me with this very insightful discussion. I have learnt a lot about what goes on behind the scene of a "buy or sell" trade *thumbs up*

No worries, educating our clients and traders about what goes on behind the scenes at a brokerage is great for business. It's one thing saying we are different to everyone else, it's another showing it. There's lots more where that came from so keep your eyes peeled. If you have any further questions or you'd like insight into other parts of our operations just let me know and I'll do whatever I can to get you an honest and digestible answer.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Offline ThinkForex-Josh

• Head of sales - ThinkForex
« Reply #370 on: February 04, 2014, 05:56:01 AM »
Hey Jeremy,

I can confirm that ThinkForex takes and receives B2B from Global Prime. Our deal is if they will send them, we will send them.

It is great that the Aussie brokers as well as some international ones do not have the gripes that some of the older brokers may gave.

Best of luck to you all!.

Cheers,

Josh
Enjoy superior market conditions, support and technology at http://www.thinkforex.com

Offline jemook

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #371 on: February 04, 2014, 07:36:50 AM »
Update on the the new MT4 Build:

As promised we haven't updated our current demo/live clients to the new build and we won't until we sign off on it.

However the installation file for any new live/demo MT4 installations automatically point to Metaquotes for the files so ANY new MT4 installation across ANY broker will automatically default to Build 600.

From Metaquotes:
"All the installations on our content delivery network have pushed all terminals that would newly get downloaded to build 600. Unfortunately build 509, is no longer available on our networks for download, the announcement was made in early December that by mid-January there will be a major update in MetaTrader4 and we urged our clients to test the beta releases that where generated regularly on their Development Environments and Demo if they wish to do so."

So again to clarify:

1. If you have a GP MT4 platform already installed there are no changes yet.
2. If you install a new GP MT4 platform it will be build 600 as pushed by Metaquotes. This should be the same across all brokers. Any new MT4 installation anywhere going forward will be build 600.

Regards,
Jeremy

Offline CTX

« Reply #372 on: February 04, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »
Thanks for the info Jeremy!

Please keep us updated when a restart of MT4 will trigger an upgrade.

Offline jubal

« Reply #373 on: February 04, 2014, 10:36:14 AM »
Dont want to hijack the GP thread but is this service available for small investors?  Had a look on the website but not really clear what exactly is on offer. there seems to be quite a lot of different strategies running separately. Also what is the cost?  sounds interesting

We can only tailor specific streams for high volume / institutional traders as the operational work involved is always ongoing. Most of our MT4 traders trade on our retail stream which in itself provides amazing execution. If you're running a MAM with lots of clients or you intend to trade high volume let me know and we can see if we are able to tailor something specific for your needs.

Sorry Jeremy,  didnt word my question very well.  I was asking specifically about Geektraders service, not the actual feed.  NMI it is called? 
If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs.... then you have probably underestimated the seriousness of the situation

Offline user456

« Reply #374 on: February 04, 2014, 11:44:49 AM »
for info about Geektraders MAM at NMi go to: http://new-millenniuminc.com/managed-accounts/

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by FLechdrop
[Today at 02:46:21 PM]

Re: Bitcoin Discussion by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 02:14:13 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 02:03:52 PM]

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[Today at 01:53:53 PM]

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[Today at 07:35:16 AM]