collapse

Author Topic: Global Prime  (Read 212231 times)

Offline geektrader

Re: Global Prime
« Reply #660 on: December 05, 2014, 08:41:11 AM »
Every now and then I get a good Question from a forum member - will post up the answers..

Quote from: UserX
Jemmok-
There has been a lot of talk about High Frequency trading since Michael Lewis's book came out.

I am curious, can you tell which liquidity providers are HFTs?  Can you screen them out? As I understand it one of their tactics is to make offers that they will not honor. So in your examples above they would be one of your first tier one providers but then fill at a wider spread.

Do you think they actually impact the typical trader?

Good question! We only work with Tier 1 banks such as Credit Suisse, Nomura, Morgan Stanley, RBS, UBS, Deutsche Bank etc. We are constantly monitoring execution times and rejections and if we see that an LP is holding on to trades for too long or rejecting during normal market conditions we have a frank discussion with them and if they don't improve we remove them from our feed.

The good news is if an LP isn't working to our expectations there's others we can add until they fix up their stream and become more competitive.

We also send out monthly stats to the LPs to show them how they are ranked compared to the other LPs in an effort to get them to tighten up their pricing so they are higher up the order book and get hit more often. 

Our business is all about making sure our clients are happy and the LPs are happy. So far so good!

Cheers,
Jeremy

I confirm that Jeremy and the others are working hard on providing the perfect liquidity and support. I like the dedication and steady tweaking of LPs to keep rejections low, this helps a lot to get great fills. Keep it going!

Offline jshear

• Elite
  • I EAT PIPS
« Reply #661 on: December 07, 2014, 11:12:37 AM »
I have a few accounts with Global Prime and I too can confirm that they are an excellent broker. Keep up the great work Jeremy you are dong a terrific job. 

Cheers

Jeff  :)

Offline nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #662 on: December 07, 2014, 04:56:10 PM »
I have a few accounts with Global Prime and I too can confirm that they are an excellent broker. Keep up the great work Jeremy you are dong a terrific job. 

Cheers

Jeff  :)

I totally concur with Jeff. My experience with Global Prime has been outstanding!

Cheers,
Rod

Offline nc!

« Reply #663 on: December 07, 2014, 05:36:06 PM »
I can confirm also that they provide excellent service :-*. Finally some honest broker. Highly recommended.

Cheers

nc! 8)
No eas in real accounts

Following Signals

Offline riccardo1981

« Reply #664 on: December 07, 2014, 05:38:14 PM »
I hope that in 2015 GP will "open a bank" in SEPA area..

Offline Turtle

« Reply #665 on: December 11, 2014, 08:13:40 AM »
Hi Jeremy,

I cannot connect to MT4 for 5 hours now.

No live chat and phone just keeps ringing.

Closing the account first thing tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 12:17:28 PM by riskpertrade »

Offline J16

« Reply #666 on: December 11, 2014, 12:03:39 PM »
Hi Jeremy,

I cannot connect to MT4 for 3 hours now.
he is on leave, you better get someone else

Offline jshear

• Elite
  • I EAT PIPS
« Reply #667 on: December 11, 2014, 02:16:14 PM »
My Global Prime accounts are working fine. It must be your VPS.

Cheers

Jeff ;)

Offline nc!

« Reply #668 on: December 11, 2014, 03:26:15 PM »
Mine is working fine too. nc! 8)
No eas in real accounts

Following Signals

Offline nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #669 on: December 11, 2014, 04:42:07 PM »
My global Prime account is also fine. It is the broker I have always had the least problems and the best service with!

Cheers,
Rod

Offline aeronthomas

« Reply #670 on: December 18, 2014, 04:06:06 PM »
I am considering opening an account at Global Prime after reading through this thread the support seems very responsive, great spreads and the transparency is a big thing. 

I notice that at the moment Global Prime only offers MT4, and I am looking at a better platform for manual trading, I looked at Protrader which looks great and you can also use EAs with it, but Global Prime doesn't offer this at this stage.  Also I came across a software called Pathfinder Trader which seems to be a software developed by an IB broker in the US (Fastbrokers). I won't put links but you can google them.   It has a great "Scalper Book" which you can trade from and view all the volume at all the difference prices.  It also can combine datafeeds from LMAX, Currenex, and Futures.  The one platform shows prices across multiple datafeeds, and you can trade on multiple accounts from the one platform also.  You could use for Arbitrage strategies for Futures contract prices versus the Forex ECN feed also.  Anyway I thought it maybe something Global Prime may like to investigate as an option to perhaps license from them maybe a cheaper solution than something like ProTrader, or perhaps it can be free for their clients if they are the IB, I think this is the setup with LMAX etc.  It doesn't use a bridge but a direct Fix API set up, so very low latency etc.  I only thought of this as I read that Jeremy has organise a special datafeed for a forum member who operates a PAMM account with very large lot size trades etc.  Maybe a similar feed could be integrated into the Pathfinder Trader.

I am using a free 30 day demo of the Pathfinder Trader but so far very impressed. Look forward to trading on Global Prime my EAs on MT4, any suggestions what EAs performing well on Global Prime currently? 

Cheers
Aeron

Offline jemook

• Verified Vendor
  • Global Prime - the broker that's on your side.
« Reply #671 on: December 19, 2014, 01:20:25 AM »
I am considering opening an account at Global Prime after reading through this thread the support seems very responsive, great spreads and the transparency is a big thing. 

I notice that at the moment Global Prime only offers MT4, and I am looking at a better platform for manual trading, I looked at Protrader which looks great and you can also use EAs with it, but Global Prime doesn't offer this at this stage.  Also I came across a software called Pathfinder Trader which seems to be a software developed by an IB broker in the US (Fastbrokers). I won't put links but you can google them.   It has a great "Scalper Book" which you can trade from and view all the volume at all the difference prices.  It also can combine datafeeds from LMAX, Currenex, and Futures.  The one platform shows prices across multiple datafeeds, and you can trade on multiple accounts from the one platform also.  You could use for Arbitrage strategies for Futures contract prices versus the Forex ECN feed also.  Anyway I thought it maybe something Global Prime may like to investigate as an option to perhaps license from them maybe a cheaper solution than something like ProTrader, or perhaps it can be free for their clients if they are the IB, I think this is the setup with LMAX etc.  It doesn't use a bridge but a direct Fix API set up, so very low latency etc.  I only thought of this as I read that Jeremy has organise a special datafeed for a forum member who operates a PAMM account with very large lot size trades etc.  Maybe a similar feed could be integrated into the Pathfinder Trader.

I am using a free 30 day demo of the Pathfinder Trader but so far very impressed. Look forward to trading on Global Prime my EAs on MT4, any suggestions what EAs performing well on Global Prime currently? 

Cheers
Aeron

Hi Aeron,

Thanks for the nice words.I can tell you that Viper has done very well this year but is not an EA. Otherwise from personal experience I don't know of any fully automated EA's that can be profitable long term.

We are looking to offer a new platform soon. Lately we've taken the approach of letting clients know about new additions after it is implemented rather than hyping it up before hand - so I prefer to keep it vague for now but I do believe the platform is exactly what everyone is looking for. A demo should be ready early in the new year. We have our pricing into it now and it looks and feels great.

We run a tight ship over here as can be seem by client feedback on forums and FPA. If there's anything I can help with you can find me on this thread or at jeremy.k@globalprime.com.au

Have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Jeremy

PS I got married last weekend.. SO MUCH FUN!! Best day of my life :)

Offline aeronthomas

« Reply #672 on: December 19, 2014, 01:48:24 AM »
Thanks Jeremy what a prompt reply!  I go to bed and wake up and you have already answered.  Never had that with a broker before.  I will be in touch shortly to open my account.  Thanks again.

Offline jemook

• Verified Vendor
  • Global Prime - the broker that's on your side.
« Reply #673 on: December 19, 2014, 05:11:24 AM »
Thanks Jeremy what a prompt reply!  I go to bed and wake up and you have already answered.  Never had that with a broker before.  I will be in touch shortly to open my account.  Thanks again.

No worries, looking forward to speaking with you. Have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Offline lupynx

« Reply #674 on: December 19, 2014, 05:45:52 AM »

Cheers,
Jeremy

PS I got married last weekend.. SO MUCH FUN!! Best day of my life :)

Congrats on your wedding jem! :)

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by FLechdrop
[Today at 02:46:21 PM]

Re: Bitcoin Discussion by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 02:14:13 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 02:03:52 PM]

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[Today at 01:53:53 PM]

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills