collapse

Author Topic: Brexit ?  (Read 2217 times)

Offline donnaforex

• Administrator
Brexit ?
« on: June 19, 2016, 02:37:03 PM »
Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the upcoming referendum in a few days, or has any questions about the impact on your trading. I know some folk have emailed me with concerns about leverage restrictions which most brokers are applying.

Thoughts on the impact on our trading for the UK leaving the EU? Or staying?

Personally, i'm not trading until at least a few days after the results, and then will monitor carefully before jumping back in. The markets can be very volatile which make attractive trading for some strategies but with the volatility comes unpredictability - be careful :)

Follow DonnaForex on Facebook and Twitter.

If you need to contact me, email admin@donnaforex.com or Skype 'donnaforex' or PM via the forum.

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: Brexit ?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 08:32:40 PM »
With the greatly reduced leverage by all my brokers and the possibility of huge price swings this week I have stopped the opening of any new positions. Unfortunately I still have some old Viper Signal and Trusted GP MAMM EU sell trades open.

Good luck to everyone this week!

Cheers,
Rod

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 07:06:46 AM »
Quote from: donnaforex link=msg=355728 date=1466343423

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the upcoming referendum in a few days, or has any questions about the impact on your trading. I know some folk have emailed me with concerns about leverage restrictions which most brokers are applying.

Thoughts on the impact on our trading for the UK leaving the EU? Or staying?

Personally, i'm not trading until at least a few days after the results, and then will monitor carefully before jumping back in. The markets can be very volatile which make attractive trading for some strategies but with the volatility comes unpredictability - be careful :)

For some "risk-surfers" it is a perfect chance to bite a chunk from a pie, easy one, as the downbeat expectations will drive risk assets  deeply in red zone on 22-23 June. I'm going to shoot with some bids on gold and Yen as Hotforex made no changes on the the leverage on these instruments, they staged good retreat this days, ready to surge on a safe plays again.

Offline Forex Verified

• Gold Vendor
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 03:21:21 PM »
Britain will most probably stay in the EU. As for the impact on the markets, there shouldn't be any EUR/CHF kind of surprise with such massive 1000+ pips spikes. Perhaps it is all priced in already, perhaps not, but I don't personally expect anything out of the ordinary.
If it's not verified, don't buy it - www.forexverified.com

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 07:34:37 AM »
What is BREXIT?

This is my conclusion about Brexit.

1) The economy will suffer as trade drops and firms cut staff, so the Bank is less likely to raise interest rates.

2) Firms will close sites in UK and move to Eurozone, so the latter will get economic boost & more investment.

3) Britain benefits from hundreds of billions worth of trade with the EU per year and will lose more in the long term.

4) UK & Ireland compete, but if UK leaves then FDI in Ireland will jump. Of course not mentioning Paris, Frankfurt, Athens. Portugal, Czech(relatively cheap, relatively skilled). They will grab all UK trade in long term.

There are claims it would reduce regulation. I can't see that: UK is already one of the least regulated countries in EU, but if they wished to, they could deregulate more whether in or out.

This is why I find it is so incredulous having a referendum without a real logical reason. It is more on emotional reasons instead. Eurosceptics are made up on Brits to believe Britain has a special place in the world and is being held back or oppressed by the EU. They thought they can become powerhouse like Japan, Suisse, Singapore or even Hong Kong. Did those Eurosceptics given about how this possible? Of course if you think leaving the worlds largest trading bloc is logical, I have nothing to say and possibly will just ignored.

Offline lonewolf

• Keep at it!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 09:06:59 AM »
Step away from globalization, go England!

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 09:24:09 AM »
Isn't that a bit like cheering on when WA threatens to secede from the rest of Oz? Not good.  :-)
Information, rebates and products -
http://www.diyforexskills.com

Offline lonewolf

• Keep at it!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 10:00:33 AM »
Quote from: diyforexskills link=msg=356010 date=1467188649

Isn't that a bit like cheering on when WA threatens to secede from the rest of Oz? Not good.  :-)

I wouldn't mind, many countries manage to trade just fine without being tied at the hip.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 11:45:08 PM »
Some interesting thoughts on Brexit and Non-Farm Payroll outlook
UK stocks pare declines as precious metals surge, pound gets ready to discover new bottom
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 11:45:34 PM by drunkfx »

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2016, 11:39:56 AM »
Quote from: drunkfx link=msg=356116 date=1467499508

Some interesting thoughts on Brexit and Non-Farm Payroll outlook
UK stocks pare declines as precious metals surge, pound gets ready to discover new bottom

Bank of England is going to cut rates next week, so selling pound on Hotforex. First target is 1.31 next is 1.30

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2020, 12:53:18 PM »
As tomorrow the UK is about to officially leave the EU, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) clarifies that the EU law will continue to apply to the firms under its gaze until the end of the implementation period.

The so called Brexit implementation period begins on January the 31st and will last until the 31st of December 2020. During this period, EU law will continue to apply, the FCA said, including regulations that take effect before the end of the year.

Online fxopen78

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2020, 10:19:28 PM »
I see some trader already prepare with Brexit deal, it could make movement in spike, for safe trading maybe stay away from is a safe option, I have read news related Brexit for celebrating English out from the eurozone, seems this will become a big event and become a special day for English

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2020, 03:09:55 PM »
UKs financial regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) will allow for UK stock market participants to access EU stock markets following the same rules as before Brexit.

This comes as a stark contrast to the measures from the other side of La Manche. European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) have stated that they will not allow EU companies to trade on London markets or any other venue under the jurisdiction of the FCA in the event of a no-deal Brexit. This hard-line stance has been reinforced from 2019 and has only recently been slightly relaxed when the ESMA created an exception for EU companies that trade their shares in Pound Sterling. This exception encompasses quite the small number of entities, however.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 11:33:54 PM]

Re: Which broker(s) are you using? by Jacob
[Yesterday at 04:49:45 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 03:51:56 PM]

Re: RECOMMENDED BROKER by peter_s
[Yesterday at 01:38:35 PM]

Coinexx by Maxi97
[Yesterday at 10:32:47 AM]