collapse

Author Topic: Did you blame yourself when you lose?  (Read 76710 times)

Offline Eliza Abrams

Re: Did you blame yourself when you lose?
« Reply #330 on: December 28, 2018, 02:36:41 PM »
True, whipsaws can wipe out the account of anyone who hasn't place SL.

Even with a SL, a weekend major gap can wipe an account as well despite a SL. :'(

Regards,
HumbleTrader

True. It happened to me more than once, and since then I do everything I can not to keep positions open over the weekend. I hate gaps.

Offline nck

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #331 on: January 21, 2019, 02:45:33 PM »
blame myself when i commit a newbie mistake,like taking to much risk on gbpusd pair ,that was my mistake in november resulting in a larger dd that i'm able to stomach,

we have to keep an eye on ourselves all the time to avoid that kind of lenient mistake ,stay focused all the time

Offline y5nitro

« Reply #332 on: February 18, 2019, 09:03:04 AM »
I believe that you need to take responsibility for your loss in forex trading. You just can't keep on blaming the market for it. When you first entered the forex world, you must have known about the losses associated with forex. So, man up and take the loses on the chin.

Offline marcopiccollo

« Reply #333 on: March 29, 2019, 10:45:19 AM »
Many traders blame their selves when they lose trading Forex, which is not right for any trade, when we lose trading we don`t need to blame anybody even our selves, instead we should take time to learn Forex very well, because blaming our selve will not bring the lose back to us. Losing is part of trading too it make us understand the place we are going wrong. So nobody should blame him selves for losing.

Not agree with that. It is you who decide to sell or buy. It is you who click the button. All this actions are based on your understanding of the situation on Forex so there is noone to blame exept you. BUT the thing you are mentioned is more about how you react on your own failure. If it stops and brings you to depression then yes, you have change your attitude. But if it pushes you to learn more and become better in trading than it is fine.

Cheers!

Offline Aaronpp

« Reply #334 on: August 07, 2019, 06:51:37 PM »
Blaming yourself at the time of losing is illogical because losses on the markets are common and have nothing wrong, In fact the losses are essential to train the operators because you will never be able to learn how to trade in Forex more professionally without failing at some point, All you have to do is learn from those mistakes and move on without blaming anyone for the losses.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #335 on: August 08, 2019, 05:23:39 PM »
If you make a blatant, foolish error, you can. Sometimes mistakes just happen and it's important to move past that.

Offline Sami Samith

« Reply #336 on: December 30, 2019, 12:07:34 PM »
Never!!
Because success and Failure both are the part of life.
Always learn lesson from failure and move on.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #337 on: January 02, 2020, 01:10:43 PM »
Sometimes it's not even the trader's fault when they fail, but the broker's. That is why state financial regulators that are considered trustworthy, like the British FCA and now the Australian AFCA, are using compensation schemes, in cases when broker misconduct leads to traders losing money.

Online fxopen78

« Reply #338 on: January 02, 2020, 08:14:11 PM »
I don't blame my self if getting loss in trading, but I will trying to evaluate trades and recognized the mistake, blaming own selves is not good idea and only will make our skill is never be improved, although follow the signal from any other trader also not wise if blaming them

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #339 on: January 05, 2020, 12:49:04 PM »
I don't blame my self if getting loss in trading, but I will trying to evaluate trades and recognized the mistake, blaming own selves is not good idea and only will make our skill is never be improved, although follow the signal from any other trader also not wise if blaming them

Yes, the losses in 99% of cases is our own fault because we simply overlook something in our trading strategy or give way to stress, greed, fear or other bad emotions.

Online fxopen78

« Reply #340 on: February 16, 2020, 09:37:17 PM »
Indeed emotion has high role during trades, fear, greed, anxiety and so on, trading forex need to keep in calm minds during trades, so we can work based o our system and keep discipline with money management rules

Offline akev

« Reply #341 on: March 17, 2020, 10:03:39 AM »
Most of us would have blamed the broker or trading that its a scam cause of the loss but it was actually our fault.

The day we decide to accept the loss as our mistakes is when every trader will improve his trading skills and make profits.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #342 on: March 18, 2020, 06:04:46 AM »
I blamed myself for losses but after some time I realised that I spent too much mental energy to accept them. Then I abandoned manual trading and automated decision making to reduce time of watching charts.

Online fxopen78

« Reply #343 on: March 18, 2020, 10:41:16 PM »
Automatic trading is one choice for all trader that don't want to keep their eye always in front of the screen, they can relying robot to open trades based inside the strategy of a robot, but trader also must know the risk, because not all robot can work well like as expectation, many of them the cause of margin call

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #344 on: March 19, 2020, 09:50:14 AM »
Shouldn't one keep an eye on the robot too?

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 11:33:54 PM]

Re: Which broker(s) are you using? by Jacob
[Yesterday at 04:49:45 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 03:51:56 PM]

Re: RECOMMENDED BROKER by peter_s
[Yesterday at 01:38:35 PM]

Coinexx by Maxi97
[Yesterday at 10:32:47 AM]