collapse

Author Topic: Did you blame yourself when you lose?  (Read 51372 times)

Offline Eliza Abrams

Re: Did you blame yourself when you lose?
« Reply #315 on: August 02, 2018, 02:57:54 PM »
You can blame yourself when you make a trading mistake. Taking a loss does not automatically mean that you made a mistake.  :)

What does it mean then?

If you did not follow your plan (system rules), then it means that you screwed up --> you made a mistake.

If you followed your plan (system rules) and simple got stopped out then you did not make a mistake.

Or you did make a mistake when you made your plan. No plan is flawless.

Offline Loperte

« Reply #316 on: August 10, 2018, 10:49:30 PM »
Loss and profit are the parts of trading. You should have to recover your loss with the help of a great strategy. Never blame yourself when the loss occurs. Try to find out the reason behind it. And never repeat that kind of mistake in your future. Thanks

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #317 on: August 14, 2018, 01:57:20 PM »
Loss and profit are the parts of trading. You should have to recover your loss with the help of a great strategy. Never blame yourself when the loss occurs. Try to find out the reason behind it. And never repeat that kind of mistake in your future. Thanks

True, placing blame is not a productive thing, it's best to focus on why it happened and how to avoid it in the future.

Offline norman

« Reply #318 on: October 28, 2018, 09:26:29 PM »
You need to take responsibility when you suffer some loss in life. This is the quality of a mature trader. You need to learn from the mistakes and keep on moving forward. You need to know that there are a lot of losses in forex trading. There is no need to worry.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #319 on: October 30, 2018, 02:17:10 PM »
When we are responsible for the loss, I agree. Sometimes though, the loss stems from the broker being untrustworthy, or even a scammer. Then the most we can blame ourselves for is being naive.

Offline Loperte

« Reply #320 on: November 24, 2018, 10:24:21 AM »
Every trader has bad days. As a rule, Never let abad day cost you more than you make on an average profitable day. If you average $700 on your winning days, don't lose much more than that on a bad day. Control the downside. The blaming thing happens with almost all the traders.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #321 on: November 25, 2018, 07:20:50 AM »
I wonder guys how many losing trades in a row have you experienced? How did you manage to preserve emotional stability in such situation?

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #322 on: November 25, 2018, 02:49:20 PM »
Sometimes I've had five-six losing trades in a row. I can't say I managed to keep my cool when that happened.

Online FxTS

« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2018, 06:25:49 PM »
In such case it is better to take a rest and stop trading for a few days. Psycological pressure of bad performance can influence on trading, causing overtrading or chasing traders to get the money back.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #324 on: December 06, 2018, 12:33:00 PM »
It's what I do. If I keep trading under such circumstances I'd just dig myself deeper.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #325 on: December 08, 2018, 07:11:34 AM »
In such case it is better to take a rest and stop trading for a few days. Psycological pressure of bad performance can influence on trading, causing overtrading or chasing traders to get the money back.

Yeah and then you have to start over because trading is really addictive. I usually trade 2-3 hours a day on my Hotforex platform.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #326 on: December 08, 2018, 12:12:27 PM »
Trading can be quite addictive indeed, especially after you've had a row of profitable positions.

browse forum