collapse

Author Topic: Fundamental or Technical? Share your view  (Read 14653 times)

Offline Umar

Re: Fundamental or Technical? Share your view
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2019, 05:54:02 AM »
Diyforexskills, I fully understand what are you talking about when you say randomness. And, I agree with you that these moments really exist on market, also when somebody spreads some rumours. These news usually produce only short term market reaction without long consequences

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2019, 09:20:03 AM »
Occasionally we do see news that have long-term consequences, like the Brexit referendum, for example.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2019, 04:36:30 PM »
I think fundamental analysis is better than technical because it rests on logic and knowledge rather than imagination.

Offline fxopen78

« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »
As trader usually has own perspective about this matter, technical analysis is made all thing being simple, with using historical data on the past, and used as a reference to predict ahead movement, while fundamental analysis will focus on the news and economic condition and others, for newbie might quite complicated to do

Offline FxTS

« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2019, 06:44:30 AM »
To my mind, both types of analysis are important equally.
Fundamental analysis helps trader to understand the whole picture and also the fundamental reasons of each movement. If the trader will know exactly what moves the prices today, he will be able to make reasonable assumtions on the impact of particular events on the market in general and on the prices of certain assets.
Technical analysis is important too since it gives trader numerous efficient tools allowing him to find optimal entry points and get the best prices. Technical analysis also provides trader with the information about the behaviour of other market participants - it is quite important to understand how other traders and institutions evaluate the same information.

Most of the traders (expecially newbie ones) focus on technical analysis while it would be better to pay attention to both. Of course, fundamental analysis seems to be quite complicated, but each trader should at least be aware on the most important news and events that could impact the prices.
Education, Exploration, Experimentation

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2019, 03:25:11 PM »
That is what I strive for, at least, since I mostly focus on technical analysis.

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2019, 02:23:16 PM »
To my mind, both types of analysis are important equally.
Fundamental analysis helps trader to understand the whole picture and also the fundamental reasons of each movement. If the trader will know exactly what moves the prices today, he will be able to make reasonable assumtions on the impact of particular events on the market in general and on the prices of certain assets.
Technical analysis is important too since it gives trader numerous efficient tools allowing him to find optimal entry points and get the best prices. Technical analysis also provides trader with the information about the behaviour of other market participants - it is quite important to understand how other traders and institutions evaluate the same information.

Most of the traders (expecially newbie ones) focus on technical analysis while it would be better to pay attention to both. Of course, fundamental analysis seems to be quite complicated, but each trader should at least be aware on the most important news and events that could impact the prices.

It still depends on each individual trading style. Usually most people focus on technical analysis mainly because they are more into short term trading. Fundamental needs time for market to digest, so it might take weeks or even months to brew. Most short term trading avoid high impact announcement because of market volatile.

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2019, 05:08:29 PM »
That is a very accurate assessment and I agree. Fundamental analysis needs more time, more patience and often more of global politics and economics.

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2019, 05:40:33 PM »
That is a very accurate assessment and I agree. Fundamental analysis needs more time, more patience and often more of global politics and economics.

Yes. Global politics and economics does not react to the market using 1 day time or 1 hour or just after it announce. High impact news bring volatile to the market, but trading fundamental does not immediately go into the market after announcement.

Offline fxopen78

« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2019, 12:21:15 AM »

Even more complicated for some trader, but if understand with fundamental analysis, could make easier getting profit, global politic and economy also reflected the whole development, a big issue about Brexit etc, will possible giving impact to currency

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2019, 03:16:07 PM »
I haven't observed enough traders who trade based on fundamental analysis to have formed an opinion whether their profits come with more ease.

Offline y5nitro

« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2019, 02:13:07 PM »
Eliza, I am fundamental trader. If you have enough knowledge about specific market and both economies and sentiment of countries which currencies you are trading, then profits are coming relatively easy and usually within several minutes from news announcement. I am speaking about 100-200 pips

Offline fxopen78

« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2019, 07:54:58 PM »
Eliza, I am fundamental trader. If you have enough knowledge about specific market and both economies and sentiment of countries which currencies you are trading, then profits are coming relatively easy and usually within several minutes from news announcement. I am speaking about 100-200 pips
How do you, trade fundamentalists? usually will need source news information, did you get from forexfactory or Bloomberg as news reference? sometimes forex calendar used by fundamental trader to trap before news released

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #118 on: Yesterday at 10:59:09 AM »
Other fundamental traders have told me so as well. I have to look into the theory more.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 10:25:27 AM]

Re: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading by Josef
[Today at 09:27:35 AM]

Re: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading by Josef
[Today at 09:14:46 AM]

Re: Who makes a living on Forex??? by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 08:23:27 PM]

Re: Frero system by Wassel2019
[Yesterday at 01:41:07 PM]